PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Davis

patmoran2006
10-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Too late this year because the trade deadline passed, but if Singletary doesn’t want Vernon Davis, I would GLADLY take him in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:City></st1:place> over Robbie Royal.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
This guy is still a beast I think. I think he’d excel with a QB like Trent Edwards.<o:p></o:p>

patmoran2006
10-27-2008, 11:54 AM
And yes, I know he's been a bust with SF; I can follow the stat sheet too.

I just think with a new team and this QB he'd be the player a lot thought he could be.

TacklingDummy
10-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Bring him in. He's better than what we have now. Send San Fran the Bills 4,5,6 and 7th round picks next year.

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2008, 11:58 AM
He has been a bust in San Fran. :D

More worrisome for me is his attitude and injuries, not his talent. The guy has had too many injuries for a young guy.

Philagape
10-27-2008, 12:00 PM
He didn't get just benched Sunday; he got locker roomed. That's quite a feat.
The guy's a head case, and how can longtime followers of the league, not to mention this team, not learn after all the physical freaks who ended up on a large trash heap of busts because they were not right in the head?

Pinkerton Security
10-27-2008, 12:05 PM
He didn't get just benched Sunday; he got locker roomed. That's quite a feat.
The guy's a head case, and how can longtime followers of the league, not to mention this team, not learn after all the physical freaks who ended up on a large trash heap of busts because they were not right in the head?

Exactly. He is the poster child for why the Combine isnt the end-all, be-all for prospects. His athleticism and strength got him by in college, but its not in the NFL.

DraftBoy
10-27-2008, 12:07 PM
He's got a lot of red flags Pat. I like his skill level but his attitude blows, he needs a kick in the head before anything else. Id take him, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay much for him, maybe a 5th and a conditional next year.

patmoran2006
10-27-2008, 12:10 PM
I dont disagree with any of you.

I just really like this kid's potential.

Fin Fan In Cali
10-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Too late this year because the trade deadline passed, but if Singletary doesn’t want Vernon Davis, I would GLADLY take him in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:city></st1:place> over Robbie Royal.<o:p></o:p>
This guy is still a beast I think. I think he’d excel with a QB like Trent Edwards.<o:p></o:p>Please check out the video from yesterday in the NFL Forum.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=163967

madness
10-27-2008, 12:23 PM
No thanks. Besides being a headcase, he drops too many passes and has trouble seperating from defenders even though his speed is not the issue.

He does have potential but we don't have the time or patience with a player like him. We need a legitimate receiving thread at TE, statim!

Mitchell55
10-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Bring him in. He's better than what we have now. Send San Fran the Bills 4,5,6 and 7th round picks next year.

LOL at 1st part of your sig.

RockStar36
10-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Eh, I'd rather have anything or anyone in place of Royal, however I don't want players on the team that have that kind of attitude problem.

TheMan08
10-27-2008, 01:15 PM
too bad trade deadline passed. I think JP may sign with niners in offseason to compete for job.

I'd have done JP for V. Davis

Lexwhat
10-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Too late this year because the trade deadline passed, but if Singletary doesn’t want Vernon Davis, I would GLADLY take him in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:city></st1:place> over Robbie Royal.<o:p></o:p>
This guy is still a beast I think. I think he’d excel with a QB like Trent Edwards.<o:p></o:p>

Plagiarism!!!

I think Davis would be a pro bowler here with our system, and with Trent throwing him the ball.

:D