28. Pittsburgh DE Tyson Jackson-LSU
29. Philadelphia LB Brandon Spikes-Florida
30. Washington LB Sean Weatherspoon-Missouri
31. NY Giants OT Ciron Black-LSU
32. Tennessee DT Peria Jerry-Ole Miss

TacklingDummy
10-27-2008, 12:04 PM
KC have other plans for QB?

I also could see the Bengals trading Johnson and drafting Crabtree to replace him.

psubills62
10-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Michael Crabtree with Dwayne Bowe...Man, if only they had a QB!

I would love to get a DE like Hardy. Orakpo would be nice, but we'd probably have to lose every game from here on out to get him.

DraftBoy
10-27-2008, 12:05 PM
KC have other plans for QB?

I also could see the Bengals trading Johnson and drafting Crabtree to replace him.

They do like Thigpen and he played very well yesterday almost winning the game that the D blew. Plus no Junior QB has really stood out enough (aside from McCoy) to warrant a top 5 or so selection.

DraftBoy
10-27-2008, 12:06 PM

I would love to get a DE like Hardy. Orakpo would be nice, but we'd probably have to lose every game from here on out to get him.

He's the perfect compliment. It would be similar to Boldin and Fitz in Arizona, but they have a good RB in LJ.

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2008, 12:07 PM
He's the perfect compliment. It would be similar to Boldin and Fitz in Arizona, but they have a good RB in LJ.

I am not so sure LJ is still that good. He looks really beat up and might not be back next year.

psubills62
10-27-2008, 12:07 PM
They do like Thigpen and he played very well yesterday almost winning the game that the D blew. Plus no Junior QB has really stood out enough (aside from McCoy) to warrant a top 5 or so selection.

Bradford's been playing really well too.

Out of curiosity, what do you think of Daryll Clark, if he were to enter the draft after this year? He's a lot better pocket passer than I thought he would be. And he can run, but he doesn't resort to it all the time like Vince Young or anything.

DraftBoy
10-27-2008, 12:08 PM
I am not so sure LJ is still that good. He looks really beat up and might not be back next year.

True but they have Kolby Smith behind him and they took Jamaal Charles in the 3rd this past draft so they still have talent there.

DraftBoy
10-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Bradford's been playing really well too.

Out of curiosity, what do you think of Daryll Clark, if he were to enter the draft after this year? He's a lot better pocket passer than I thought he would be. And he can run, but he doesn't resort to it all the time like Vince Young or anything.

Bradford isnt leaving imo, not after the Red River game.

Alot will depend on the combine, athletically he looks good, but his decisions at times kill me. I dont like the way he reads coverages or blitzes. His mechanics are ok but could use some fine tuning. I havent watched him very closely though to be honest, he's a very fringe prospect imo at this point.

jpdex12
10-27-2008, 01:21 PM

Orakpo is an animal. I would love to see us grab him in the first but I don't see him falling that far.

Maybe an OLB would be likely for us in the first for the value pick.

DraftBoy
10-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Only 1 OLB really worth a 1st Round grade. I see no way that Curry falls to us unfortunately either.

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Maybe we will fall to him. :ill:

Mr. Pink
10-27-2008, 01:42 PM
DB! Finally! You took Tebow out of the first round! :up:

psubills62
10-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Orakpo is an animal. I would love to see us grab him in the first but I don't see him falling that far.

Maybe an OLB would be likely for us in the first for the value pick.

I wouldn't mind that, but 1) there's not a lot of OLB's worth a 1st-rounder, and 2) an OLB in our system is pretty easily replaceable. We could find one in the second, even third round who could start. This is a deep draft, especially at other positions, so there might be a decent number of OLB's who could fall. DE is starting to become more and more a position of need, and I'd like to see us pick one up, unless there is a run on DE's early.

gr8slayer
10-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Stafford will NOT declare.

BillsWin
10-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Gregg Hardy in the first then Brandon Pettigrew in the second, then a Center. Then some depth positions. :D

DraftBoy
10-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Stafford will NOT declare.

Im leaning towards not declaring for now, but this one I left him in. It actually looks like Moreno may declare over Stafford.

X-Era
10-27-2008, 06:54 PM
1. Cincinnati OT Andre Smith-Alabama
2. Detroit CB Malcolm Jenkins-Ohio State
3. Kansas City WR Michael Crabtree-Texas Tech
4. San Francisco OT Michael Oher-Ole Miss
5. Oakland OT Eugene Monroe-Virginia
6. Seattle QB Matthew Stafford-Georgia
7. St. Louis WR Jeremy Maclin-Missouri
8. San Diego DT Terrance Cody-Alabama
9. Houston LB George Selvie-USF
10. Jacksonville WR Darius Heyward-Bey
11. Cleveland RB Chris Wells-OSU
12. Miami LB Aaron Curry-Wake Forest
13. Minnesota QB Mark Sanchez-USC
14. New Orleans CB Vontae Davis-Illinois
15. Indianapolis DT Sen'Derrick Marks-Auburn
16. Denver FS William Moore-Missouri
17. Atlanta TE Jermaine Gresham-Oklahoma
18. Philadelphia LB James Laurinits-OSU
19. NY Jets SS Michael Hamlin-Clemson
20. Green Bay DE Michael Johnson-GT
21. Chicago WR Percy Harvin-Florida
22. Arizona OG Duke Preston-Oklahoma
23. Baltimore DE Brian Orakpo-Texas
24. Detroit LB Rey Mauluga-USC
25. Tampa Bay DT Fili Moala-USC
26. New England RB Javon Ringer-Michigan State
27. Buffalo DE Greg Hardy-Ole Miss

I think your real close with the location of every pick.

With our pick, id also think about a guy like Pettigrew or Coffman. I dont think either will drop that far in the 2nd. But yes, I must admit either would be a reach, Coffman doesnt have the overall game of a guy like Witten when he came out, and Pettigrew has off the field issues that may hurt him.

I dont mind Hardy except for his foot injury that keeps him on the sidelines except for situational pass rush plays.

Does Alex Mack end up with a 1st round grade? I think its possible.

Maybe we could get a guy like Everrette Brown in round 2.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-27-2008, 07:38 PM
I still don't see Detroit taking a corner at that spot. It has nothing to do with the position or the school he goes to, but they need to get a face on that franchise. I see them going for a more high profile position if they are, and I don't see how they can't be, #1 or #2.

psubills62
10-27-2008, 10:59 PM

LOL I never noticed that there was another Duke Preston...how amusing would it be to draft him to play guard next to Duke Preston at center??

Oaf
10-27-2008, 11:20 PM
In what order do you expect us to go position-wise, DB?

yordad
10-28-2008, 02:01 AM
Isn't everyone assuming the Lions will pick Crabtree?

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 07:17 AM
In what order do you expect us to go position-wise, DB?

DE
OLB
TE
FS

Then with our last few we'll go;
OG
OC
WR
DT

I really think we could use to stockpile some picks this year ideally. We have some depth issues I think we need to clear up first and foremost.

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 07:17 AM
Isn't everyone assuming the Lions will pick Crabtree?

Why would they do that?

SABURZFAN
10-28-2008, 09:34 AM
LOL I never noticed that there was another Duke Preston...how amusing would it be to draft him to play guard next to Duke Preston at center??

i think that's a misprint. i believe he meant to type Duke Robinson.

psubills62
10-28-2008, 09:36 AM
i think that's a misprint. i believe he meant to type Duke Robinson.

That makes sense. I didn't actually look it up, but Duke Robinson sounds more familiar in the college realm than Duke Preston does to me.

That would have been amusing, though.

mysticsoto
10-28-2008, 10:01 AM
DE
OLB
TE
FS

OG
OC
WR
DT

I really think we could use to stockpile some picks this year ideally. We have some depth issues I think we need to clear up first and foremost.

That's probably right, though I'd swap DT and WR. We have Steve Johnson as a good prospect WR to step in. We may lose McCargo and we still need to keep in mind that without Stroud, the Dline is all the more horrible. And he is 30 yrs old and has some injury issues...

I also bet that considering the losses and typical injuries we've had, they might even swap DE/OLB as the 1st pick. Copeland Bryan has been playing pretty decently, though I understand that we don't really have a "superstar" DE and need one for our type of defense...Admittedly, I know he's a rookie, but I haven't seen anything to impress me of Chris Ellis...it might depend on how Marcus Buggs develops...

Curiously, if you bring in a DE in the 1st rd...who do you dump?

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 11:00 AM
That's probably right, though I'd swap DT and WR. We have Steve Johnson as a good prospect WR to step in. We may lose McCargo and we still need to keep in mind that without Stroud, the Dline is all the more horrible. And he is 30 yrs old and has some injury issues...

I also bet that considering the losses and typical injuries we've had, they might even swap DE/OLB as the 1st pick. Copeland Bryan has been playing pretty decently, though I understand that we don't really have a "superstar" DE and need one for our type of defense...Admittedly, I know he's a rookie, but I haven't seen anything to impress me of Chris Ellis...it might depend on how Marcus Buggs develops...

Curiously, if you bring in a DE in the 1st rd...who do you dump?

Steve Johnson doesnt impress me enough to skip on a Senior WR prospect like a potential falling guy Brandon Gibson who is polished and has a higher cieling. I agree about DT though. We definitely need at least 1 and there are som good ones late.

I we pass on a 1st Round DE like Hardy because we have Copeland Bryan and instead reach for an OLB like Freeman or Cushing, I promise you, that you will never hear the end of it from me. There is no excuse for that kind of a royal screw up.

Id dump Denney in a heart beat. He's Kelsay lite, probably work out a trade for him and get some picks for him late in the draft.

mysticsoto
10-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Steve Johnson doesnt impress me enough to skip on a Senior WR prospect like a potential falling guy Brandon Gibson who is polished and has a higher cieling. I agree about DT though. We definitely need at least 1 and there are som good ones late.

I we pass on a 1st Round DE like Hardy because we have Copeland Bryan and instead reach for an OLB like Freeman or Cushing, I promise you, that you will never hear the end of it from me. There is no excuse for that kind of a royal screw up.

Id dump Denney in a heart beat. He's Kelsay lite, probably work out a trade for him and get some picks for him late in the draft.

So you'd rather Kelsay, even though Denney contributes pretty well on STs? Are you making this decision on their DE play or based on contract extensions in place?

Anybody is free game. Would you give up Bryan who has shown promise at times? Or Ellis who is a rookie but has shown nothing up to now?

mysticsoto
10-28-2008, 12:30 PM
BTW, w/r/t WR, I wouldn't dump Steve Johnson yet. And bringing in another WR will mean he'd likely be headed to the PS with Jenkins playing decent STs and Johnson having the upper hand of having been here a year...I'd leave WR for last or even as an undrafted player. I'd definitely go OL in the later rounds as we need a better/dominating RG and replacement OC unless they feel Preston can take over. He actually seems to be doing okay...

And with Ko's constant injuries, we may need a better FS along Whitner, though Bryan Scott isn't doing too bad at SS while Whitner moves around. If only Scott were faster though...

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 12:37 PM

not gonna happen. He's not white.

tat2dmike77
10-28-2008, 12:42 PM
The Bills at 27 yeah right they will be lucky to win two more games this year. The sooner all of you realize this team will suck the better off you will be. The Bills will win one more game this and that will be against KC and they will be lucky to win that game.

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 02:30 PM
So you'd rather Kelsay, even though Denney contributes pretty well on STs? Are you making this decision on their DE play or based on contract extensions in place?

Anybody is free game. Would you give up Bryan who has shown promise at times? Or Ellis who is a rookie but has shown nothing up to now?

We owe Kelsay more money, he is the better player, and he can at least be a 3rd down energy guy for us. Denney is a good ST'er but doesnt show me anything when in there on defense really. I wouldnt be opposed to cutting Bryan because while he has shown some stuff, its not a consistent anything and I wouldn't cut Ellis because for some reason I still believe he could replace Kelsay one day as a situation pass rush guy.

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
BTW, w/r/t WR, I wouldn't dump Steve Johnson yet. And bringing in another WR will mean he'd likely be headed to the PS with Jenkins playing decent STs and Johnson having the upper hand of having been here a year...I'd leave WR for last or even as an undrafted player. I'd definitely go OL in the later rounds as we need a better/dominating RG and replacement OC unless they feel Preston can take over. He actually seems to be doing okay...

And with Ko's constant injuries, we may need a better FS along Whitner, though Bryan Scott isn't doing too bad at SS while Whitner moves around. If only Scott were faster though...

Im not calling for Steve Johnson to be cut, Im calling for healthy competition and I dont mind pushing Jenkins either. We need WR's on this team that can make plays consistently on offense, not just in practice or on ST. Its kind of a requirement of the position. This is a VERY DEEP WR class, imo and to not take advantage of that would be foolish imo.

I moved OC down from a 3rd need to 4th because of the way Preston has been playing. Not completely happy with him, but much better then Fowler.

We may need two S's not just a FS. I know Op is the resident Whitner hater, but his play has not been up to his draft status and while he has not been as bad as some make it out to be, Im not happy with his play. His leadership and character are top notch but we need guys who can do more than that. We need to create more turnovers and make players pay for running slants all day long across the middle. Right now we don't have that.

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
not gonna happen. He's not white.

Racist! :couch:

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Racist! :couch: I know , the bills are racist.

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 02:40 PM
I know , the bills are racist.

Its that bastard Ralph!!

mysticsoto
10-28-2008, 03:13 PM
We owe Kelsay more money, he is the better player, and he can at least be a 3rd down energy guy for us. Denney is a good ST'er but doesnt show me anything when in there on defense really. I wouldnt be opposed to cutting Bryan because while he has shown some stuff, its not a consistent anything and I wouldn't cut Ellis because for some reason I still believe he could replace Kelsay one day as a situation pass rush guy.

I think the Bills value STs alot more than you do. I suspect they are happy with Denny's play. Bryan may be the odd man out then, but if it were me, I don't think Ellis has shown a damn thing yet. Now, I'm not watching him in practice to see if he's developing, but so far, he's shown nothing. Yes, he's a rookie, but in my book, he's still the odd man out if I had to choose.

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 03:16 PM
ST guys are easy to find and while it is important you can't have a team full of them. Eventually you gotta find guys who can play on Offense and Defense too. I value ST very highly, I like using starters on ST because it frees up depth spots for...well actual depth not just for ST'ers.

mysticsoto
10-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Im not calling for Steve Johnson to be cut, Im calling for healthy competition and I dont mind pushing Jenkins either. We need WR's on this team that can make plays consistently on offense, not just in practice or on ST. Its kind of a requirement of the position. This is a VERY DEEP WR class, imo and to not take advantage of that would be foolish imo.

I moved OC down from a 3rd need to 4th because of the way Preston has been playing. Not completely happy with him, but much better then Fowler.

We may need two S's not just a FS. I know Op is the resident Whitner hater, but his play has not been up to his draft status and while he has not been as bad as some make it out to be, Im not happy with his play. His leadership and character are top notch but we need guys who can do more than that. We need to create more turnovers and make players pay for running slants all day long across the middle. Right now we don't have that.

I'm fine with competition also - just as long as we get one WAY down as we have much more important holes to fill. Between DE, OLB, OG, OC, FS and DT, that leaves little room to draft someone to replace Whitner unless we somehow magically have someone fall down to us on our lap. It is unlikely that a low rd 2nd day pick would oust Whitner anyway...

psubills62
10-28-2008, 03:31 PM
ST guys are easy to find and while it is important you can't have a team full of them. Eventually you gotta find guys who can play on Offense and Defense too. I value ST very highly, I like using starters on ST because it frees up depth spots for...well actual depth not just for ST'ers.

Eh, not sure I agree with this. I'd rather have my backups on ST's since I'd really rather not have my starters get injured or tired out on ST plays.

X-Era
10-28-2008, 03:36 PM
DE
OLB
TE
FS

OG
OC
WR
DT

Im assuming your list has to do more with who falls where then our needs from top to bottom.

If its need Id say:

1a) C- (pending Folwer and Preston UFA situation), if both are gone we have no starter
1b) OLB- not incumbent starter, no its not Ellison IMO

Then it based on where we should make an impact first; or what areas need help the most:

2a) TE- Royal just inst cutting it, we need a receiving threat who can block.
2b) DE- very low sack total this year, we need pass rush help like yesterday
2c) FS- Ko is so good that he's basically been benched. Scott showed against the fins that we cant trust him long term

After that its depth:

3) OG- Whittle isnt good, and isnt getting younger, Preston may be gone, that makes us razor thin.
4) DT- rotational guys are always a need. BB.com shows McCargo has a total of 0 tackles, 0 sacks, so far he has odne absolutely nothing.
5) WR- Fortunately we have depth in Parrish, and Reed. Hardy ought to be at least good enough for depth.

Bockcity
10-28-2008, 03:44 PM
No offense but that draft is a JOKE. No way Rey from USC going to fall all the way to #24. There is just NO WAY. The dude is gonna be the next Ray Lewis and NFL scouts know this.

Also Vontae Davis WILL NOT fall that far either.

X-Era
10-28-2008, 04:20 PM
No offense but that draft is a JOKE. No way Rey from USC going to fall all the way to #24. There is just NO WAY. The dude is gonna be the next Ray Lewis and NFL scouts know this.

I have no problem with critics, but I like people with there own opinions (including ones they will share), better.

Care to tell us where these folks WILL go? as well as others?

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Eh, not sure I agree with this. I'd rather have my backups on ST's since I'd really rather not have my starters get injured or tired out on ST plays.

ST play less plays than starters do, do you really think the odds are that much more greatly increased simply because the guy may play an extra 5-7 snaps?

I think the idea that you dont want starters to play on ST because they may get hurt, is a misnomer.

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 04:26 PM

Rey Mauluga has looked slow and overmatched thus far this year, watch the tape v. OSU. He is falling down draft board, will he fall to 24? Maybe not, but he's certainly no Ray Lewis either.

Vontae Davis wont fall to 14? That's not a bad drop for a guy who was considered a top 15 pick last year and thus far has generated no INT's thus far.

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Im assuming your list has to do more with who falls where then our needs from top to bottom.

If its need Id say:

1a) C- (pending Folwer and Preston UFA situation), if both are gone we have no starter
1b) OLB- not incumbent starter, no its not Ellison IMO

Then it based on where we should make an impact first; or what areas need help the most:

2a) TE- Royal just inst cutting it, we need a receiving threat who can block.
2b) DE- very low sack total this year, we need pass rush help like yesterday
2c) FS- Ko is so good that he's basically been benched. Scott showed against the fins that we cant trust him long term

After that its depth:

3) OG- Whittle isnt good, and isnt getting younger, Preston may be gone, that makes us razor thin.
4) DT- rotational guys are always a need. BB.com shows McCargo has a total of 0 tackles, 0 sacks, so far he has odne absolutely nothing.
5) WR- Fortunately we have depth in Parrish, and Reed. Hardy ought to be at least good enough for depth.

Your assumption is wrong, thats how Id pick if the draft was tomorrow. Preston has played well I can't put OC as our #1 need knowing I wouldnt take a guy before Round 3 at the absolute earliest to fill that need. OLB outside of Curry nobody is worth a 1st Round pick. Same with TE outside of Gresham, Id rather way for somebody in Round 3 or 4. DE should be our top priority given our schemes dependence on them.

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm fine with competition also - just as long as we get one WAY down as we have much more important holes to fill. Between DE, OLB, OG, OC, FS and DT, that leaves little room to draft someone to replace Whitner unless we somehow magically have someone fall down to us on our lap. It is unlikely that a low rd 2nd day pick would oust Whitner anyway...

I have no intention of taking a WR early but lets just look at the Senior WR class alone for a moment, if you will (loosely ranked).

Wide Receivers:
Seniors-
1. Mike Thomas, Arizona
2. Brian Robiskie, Ohio State
3. Aaron Kelly, Clemson
5. Demetrius Byrd, LSU
6. Brandon Gibson, Washington State
7. Kenny McKinley, South Carolina
8. Jarett Dillard, Rice
9. Jaison Williams, Oregon
10. Jamarko Simmons, Western Michigan
11. Greg Carr, Florida State
12. Brennan Marion, Tulsa
13. Tiquan Underwood, Rutgers
14. Joaquin Iglesias, Oklahoma
15. Greg Orton, Purdue
16. Marko Mitchell, Nevada
17. Deon Butler, Penn State
18. Derrick Williams, Penn State
19. Micheal Jones, Arizona State
20. Patrick Turner, USC
21. Louis Murphy, Florida
22. Ramses Barden, Cal Poly-SLO
23. Jordan Shipley, Texas
24. Mohammad Massaquoi, Georgia
25. Jordan Norwood, Penn State
26. Rendrick Taylor, Clemson
27. Derek Kinder, Pittsburgh
28. Sammie Stroughter, Oregon State
29. Jamayel Smith, Mississippi State
30. Brandon McRae, Mississippi State
31. Marshwan Gilyard, Cincinnati
32. Darius Passmore, Marshall
33. Dominick Goodman, Cincinnati
34. Manuel Johnson, Oklahoma
35. Desmond Tardy, Purdue
36. Maurice Jones, Memphis
37. Brandon Tate, North Carolina
38. Quan Crosby, Texas
39. Chris Williams, New Mexico State
40. Shane Morales, Oregon State
41. Casey Fitzgerald, North Texas
42. Eron Riley, Duke
43. George Smith, Vanderbilt
44. Isaiah Williams, Maryland

Out of those 44 guys, there are likely about 20 or so (not sure exactly how many I bolded) who I think can be good NFL WR's at this level. This class is stacked so if a guy like Carr, Williams, Dillard, Gibson, McKinley, Turner, Murphy, Barden, etc are there in Round 3, I think it could be a mistake to pass on them.

X-Era
10-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Your assumption is wrong, thats how Id pick if the draft was tomorrow. Preston has played well I can't put OC as our #1 need knowing I wouldnt take a guy before Round 3 at the absolute earliest to fill that need. OLB outside of Curry nobody is worth a 1st Round pick. Same with TE outside of Gresham, Id rather way for somebody in Round 3 or 4. DE should be our top priority given our schemes dependence on them.
You wouldnt take a C until round 3,but your not basing your list on whos going to be where in the draft?

Preston is going to be a UFA along with Fowler, they BOTH could be gone. Preston maynot even be on this team come draft day.

As far as OLB and TE only having 1 candidate in the 1st. Well, Pettigrew or Coffam could slide into the 1st.

We see it every year, Craig Davis?, Dustin Keller, Calvin Pace, yes Erik Flowers. Sometimes players creep into the 1st when many think they wont.

I think the crux of your arguement is more about who falls where and then looking at our needs for a BPA approach (of sorts). I dont disgaree.

My list was based strictly on a need based look.

X-Era
10-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Rey Mauluga has looked slow and overmatched thus far this year, watch the tape v. OSU. He is falling down draft board, will he fall to 24? Maybe not, but he's certainly no Ray Lewis either.

Vontae Davis wont fall to 14? That's not a bad drop for a guy who was considered a top 15 pick last year and thus far has generated no INT's thus far.

Were you aware that Vontae is Vernon Davis's brother? I didnt know that till yesterday.

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 04:54 PM
You wouldnt take a C until round 3,but your not basing your list on whos going to be where in the draft?

Preston is going to be a UFA along with Fowler, they BOTH could be gone. Preston maynot even be on this team come draft day.

As far as OLB and TE only having 1 candidate in the 1st. Well, Pettigrew or Coffam could slide into the 1st.

We see it every year, Craig Davis?, Dustin Keller, Calvin Pace, yes Erik Flowers. Sometimes players creep into the 1st when many think they wont.

I think the crux of your arguement is more about who falls where and then looking at our needs for a BPA approach (of sorts). I dont disgaree.

My list was based strictly on a need based look.

Not concerned with Preston or Fowler being UFA's though I think we make an effort to resign Preston because he has played well and is versatile.

I dont see Pettigrew or Coffman as 1st Round worthy TE's similar to Keller last year.

I dont see OC as big a need for us as OLB, DE, or even TE to be frank. We can get a guy later who has just as good a shot at being good as wasting a higher pick. The disparity between the top 4-5 OC's in this class is not that much. Id take any of Mack, Luigis, Caldwell, Wood, or Cooper to be perfectly honest. Whoever is there in Round 4 or so would be my pick.

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Were you aware that Vontae is Vernon Davis's brother? I didnt know that till yesterday.

I was well aware of that, similar attitude problems, though Vontae may have his slightly more in check.

X-Era
10-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Not concerned with Preston or Fowler being UFA's though I think we make an effort to resign Preston because he has played well and is versatile.

I dont see Pettigrew or Coffman as 1st Round worthy TE's similar to Keller last year.

I dont see OC as big a need for us as OLB, DE, or even TE to be frank. We can get a guy later who has just as good a shot at being good as wasting a higher pick. The disparity between the top 4-5 OC's in this class is not that much. Id take any of Mack, Luigis, Caldwell, Wood, or Cooper to be perfectly honest. Whoever is there in Round 4 or so would be my pick.
If Mack ends up grading out as the next Mangold, then I honestly wouldnt mind picking him. Can he really gain that much traction? probably not.

Id feel a ton better with him in the 2nd.

Im not saying we should go based on our needs. I wanted to simply show my feelings on the needs.

Im a fan of the BPA methodology. With the caveat that it should be a need position. And by need, I am including positions where we need an upgrade and/or starter.

Thats why a DE, DT, OLB, TE, C, or FS in the 1st wouldnt bother me. At that point its more about whos there when we pickl and most bang for the buck.

I think theres a real possibility of guys like Marks, or Hardy to be there. I also think Gresham may drop there as well. People dont usually draft TE's too high, but the mid to lkate 1st tends to be a more likely landing spot for a TE.

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 05:20 PM
I dont see Mack grading out that high to be perfectly honest, he's struggled some this year and questions are being raised. Gresham is the real deal and we'd be stupid to pass on him in the 1st. Why would we take Marks? He'd be our 4th DT, we need a DT but not on Day 1.

gr8slayer
10-28-2008, 07:20 PM
I have no intention of taking a WR early but lets just look at the Senior WR class alone for a moment, if you will (loosely ranked).

Wide Receivers:
Seniors-
1. Mike Thomas, Arizona
2. Brian Robiskie, Ohio State
3. Aaron Kelly, Clemson
5. Demetrius Byrd, LSU
6. Brandon Gibson, Washington State
7. Kenny McKinley, South Carolina
8. Jarett Dillard, Rice
9. Jaison Williams, Oregon
10. Jamarko Simmons, Western Michigan
11. Greg Carr, Florida State
12. Brennan Marion, Tulsa
13. Tiquan Underwood, Rutgers
14. Joaquin Iglesias, Oklahoma
15. Greg Orton, Purdue
16. Marko Mitchell, Nevada
17. Deon Butler, Penn State
18. Derrick Williams, Penn State
19. Micheal Jones, Arizona State
20. Patrick Turner, USC
21. Louis Murphy, Florida
22. Ramses Barden, Cal Poly-SLO
23. Jordan Shipley, Texas
24. Mohammad Massaquoi, Georgia
25. Jordan Norwood, Penn State
26. Rendrick Taylor, Clemson
27. Derek Kinder, Pittsburgh
28. Sammie Stroughter, Oregon State
29. Jamayel Smith, Mississippi State
30. Brandon McRae, Mississippi State
31. Marshwan Gilyard, Cincinnati
32. Darius Passmore, Marshall
33. Dominick Goodman, Cincinnati
34. Manuel Johnson, Oklahoma
35. Desmond Tardy, Purdue
36. Maurice Jones, Memphis
37. Brandon Tate, North Carolina
38. Quan Crosby, Texas
39. Chris Williams, New Mexico State
40. Shane Morales, Oregon State
41. Casey Fitzgerald, North Texas
42. Eron Riley, Duke
43. George Smith, Vanderbilt
44. Isaiah Williams, Maryland

Out of those 44 guys, there are likely about 20 or so (not sure exactly how many I bolded) who I think can be good NFL WR's at this level. This class is stacked so if a guy like Carr, Williams, Dillard, Gibson, McKinley, Turner, Murphy, Barden, etc are there in Round 3, I think it could be a mistake to pass on them.
I'd kill to land Fitzgerald in R5, 6, or 7.

eyedog
10-28-2008, 07:32 PM
No way Rey Mauluaga is the 3rd or 4th lber off the board.

And any team that uses a top-10 pick on a d-back is clueless. Oh yeah, thats what we do.

Lions are going qb.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2008, 08:30 PM
It's honestly a crapshoot at this point, we all know that what route we go will be largely based on who'se available. I like the idea of drafting another wideout in the round 3-4 range. I pretty much agree with the sentiment that DE should be our number 1 priority this year DB but once again it depends on who'se available. Based off of needs, priority and relevance to the system I hope our draft turns out like so:

1.) DE
2.) C
3.) LB
4.) TE

Ofcourse BPA should factor into the equation, so if a Nick Mangold prospect is available with our 1st pick and there isn't a viable option at DE then obviously we gotta go with the better prospect.

psubills62
10-29-2008, 08:42 AM
ST play less plays than starters do, do you really think the odds are that much more greatly increased simply because the guy may play an extra 5-7 snaps?

I think the idea that you dont want starters to play on ST because they may get hurt, is a misnomer.

I believe it was just a few years ago, after Kellen Winslow was drafted that he got hurt on ST's. That's when his injury problem started. It's not worth it imo.

I also think I've seen more and more guys get hurt on ST's than usual. I could be making that up, though.

psubills62
10-29-2008, 08:43 AM
As a PSU homer, what do people think of getting AQ Shipley in a later round? He's about 6'1", 295 pounds. His strength is run blocking, and it shows because PSU's RB Evan Royster is averaging around 7 yards per carry this year.

SABURZFAN
10-29-2008, 09:03 AM

where's a Center? we need a Center in the 1st round too. :couch: :snicker:

DraftBoy
10-29-2008, 11:02 AM
I believe it was just a few years ago, after Kellen Winslow was drafted that he got hurt on ST's. That's when his injury problem started. It's not worth it imo.

I also think I've seen more and more guys get hurt on ST's than usual. I could be making that up, though.

Dont recall how KWII got hurt in 04. So I honestly can't agree or disagree with you there.

DraftBoy
10-29-2008, 11:03 AM
As a PSU homer, what do people think of getting AQ Shipley in a later round? He's about 6'1", 295 pounds. His strength is run blocking, and it shows because PSU's RB Evan Royster is averaging around 7 yards per carry this year.

Needs to bulk up a little more, Id like to see around 310 or so without losing his athleticism. He's got good hands but needs some footwork help. Really sees the field well when pulling or traping. Overall I like him as an NFL Prospect especially in 2-3 years. Could be a starting NFL Center in this league.

eyedog
10-29-2008, 08:49 PM
and Maclin won't go before Harvin.

DraftBoy
10-30-2008, 07:33 AM
and Maclin won't go before Harvin.

Yea....no way in the world do I see that happening ever.

eyedog
10-30-2008, 08:57 AM
" no way in the world " ??????

Really. Thats some statement.

DraftBoy
10-30-2008, 11:58 AM
" no way in the world " ??????

Really. Thats some statement.

I stand by it too.

New Ro's Greatest
10-30-2008, 03:33 PM

2. Way to high for a CB no matter how big the need. They will either trade out or go with BPA and its not jenkins.

3 and 4. Swap the picks. O-line is a bigger need then WR in KC and Martz is in S.F nuff said.

7. I could possibly see this happening. I think Maclin is too high and they already have a speed WR so instead i think they would pick Heyward-Bey.

10. They need interior o-line help way more then WR. Remember they just brought in Porter and Williamson in the offseason. I think Preston or Mack gets the nod there.

13. I just dont see franchise QB in this guy. I think the vikes fill in that TE void with Gresham.

18 and 29. I dont see the eagles taking 1 LB in the 1st round most def not 2. I think there happy with their young LB's but i could be wrong. My brother a huge eagles fan and he says they need a TE and another WR. I would go with Pettigrew and for the surprise 1st rounder Kenny Britt.

22. Steal if he is there. I hve him going to the jags 10th but hey you never know.

23. Beast! Steal again

28. Ben is getting killed out there so i know he would agree when i say O-line is the 1st priority. I would say Black is the pick here.

31. Spikes or Weatherspoon goes to the Giants. Biggest need on D.

32. I think Harvin falls here and the titans finally gets their home-run threat at WR. I would put Maclin to Chicago and that would be a steal as well.