PDA

View Full Version : Warren Sapp says we're going to the SB

Pinkerton Security
10-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Quote of the Week II

"The Buffalo Bills are going to the Super Bowl.''
-- Warren Sapp, on the NFL Network's pregame show Sunday, five hours before Miami sent the Bills home with a 23-16 defeat.
That sound of scissoring you hear is the PR staffs of the Patriots, Steelers and Titans clipping that quote out of the paper this morning and posting it in places players will see quite often.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/10/27/week8/1.html

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 12:16 PM
No No No.

If Donte Whitner's playoff promise has ZERO effect on our opponents and isn't bulletin board material, there's no way some media talking head is going to give them motivation.

hydro
10-27-2008, 12:18 PM
And I actually heard him say that. Paraphrasing he said that IF the Bills won yesterday they would go to the Super Bowl.

Typ0
10-27-2008, 12:21 PM
And I actually heard him say that. Paraphrasing he said that IF the Bills won yesterday they would go to the Super Bowl.

you mean all we needed to do was win yesterday to get to the superbowl. crap.

Billsfan3
10-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Cant believe warren said that

Billsfan3
10-27-2008, 12:24 PM
lets get to playoffs first. Then have our eye set on the superbowl.

Buffalogic
10-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Well as far as I'm concerned the bills are going to the superbowl. I don't see why you wouldn't believe that. They can beat any other AFC team so why not?

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Well as far as I'm concerned the bills are going to the superbowl. I don't see why you wouldn't believe that. They can beat any other AFC team so why not?

They couldn't even beat the Dolphins.

Yet, you think they could beat the Patriots, Steelers, Titans, or even the Colts, Jets or Ravens?

That doesn't make any sense.

Buffalogic
10-27-2008, 12:31 PM

Yet, you think they could beat the Patriots, Steelers, Titans, or even the Colts, Jets or Ravens?

Why doesn't it? Should we be totally shattered because we lost one away game? Lol!!

The Patriots got murdered by the Dolphins and the Chargers so why do they get the free pass and not the bills? lol! Your 'realism' dude is really just salty pent up aggression.

TacklingDummy
10-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Quote of the Week II

"The Buffalo Bills are going to the Super Bowl.''
-- Warren Sapp, on the NFL Network's pregame show Sunday, five hours before Miami sent the Bills home with a 23-16 defeat.
That sound of scissoring you hear is the PR staffs of the Patriots, Steelers and Titans clipping that quote out of the paper this morning and posting it in places players will see quite often.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/10/27/week8/1.html

Better stick to dancing Warren.

Historian
10-27-2008, 12:36 PM
He's back on the weed...

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Why doesn't it? Should we be totally shattered because we lost one away game? Lol!!

The Patriots got murdered by the Dolphins and the Chargers so why do they get the free pass and not the bills? lol! Your 'realism' dude is really just salty pent up aggression.

No, we should be deeply concerned by how poor our tackling, pass rush, and run blocking has been all season long. We should be worried about how we can't defend against the quick slant, which is how teams like NE operate.

And teams like the Chargers and the Dolphins don't get a free pass. They're both all but out of the playoff race already.

Pinkerton Security
10-27-2008, 12:37 PM

ahh, f'in Peter King.

trapezeus
10-27-2008, 03:07 PM

the bills played an incredibly poor game. but they've hung in there when they've played well. it's it possible that the law of averages mean that the bill's could hang with most teams on any given sunday. Don't be overly gloomy about this loss. If they lay an egg next week, then we're in trouble.

Night Train
10-27-2008, 03:08 PM
We are.

It's only $69 on Southwest Airlines with no hidden fees.

Pinkerton Security
10-27-2008, 03:11 PM
We are.

It's only $69 on Southwest Airlines with no hidden fees.

:rofl:

OpIv37
10-27-2008, 03:46 PM
the bills played an incredibly poor game. but they've hung in there when they've played well. it's it possible that the law of averages mean that the bill's could hang with most teams on any given sunday. Don't be overly gloomy about this loss. If they lay an egg next week, then we're in trouble.

It's not just this loss. It's how we've played all season.

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-27-2008, 03:51 PM
I think this is a good young team still learning how to beat rivals on the road. If we can get home field throughout, which is very possible, then I would bet any money we go to the bowl otherwise it could be one and done in the playoffs.

NOBODY COMES TO BUFFALO AND WINS IN THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR!!!!

DynaPaul
10-27-2008, 04:51 PM
The season isn't over yet. You never know if this team will grow into something bigger than what they are now.

BillsOwnAll
10-28-2008, 08:59 AM
And teams like the Chargers and the Dolphins don't get a free pass. They're both all but out of the playoff race already.

can you list the teams IN the playoff race right now?

SABURZFAN
10-28-2008, 09:26 AM

i disagree. the Bolts and Fish could possibly put a run together and make the playoff race more interesting.

Buffalogic
10-28-2008, 01:22 PM
No, we should be deeply concerned by how poor our tackling, pass rush, and run blocking has been all season long. We should be worried about how we can't defend against the quick slant, which is how teams like NE operate.

And teams like the Chargers and the Dolphins don't get a free pass. They're both all but out of the playoff race already.I asked why you give the Patriots a free pass, not the Chargers or the Dolphins. Everyone knows San Diego is really going to have to pull their head out the last half of the season to do anything and the fins aren't going to sniff the playoffs.

New England got killed by both those teams, yet they are still better than the bills in your opinion? Newsflash dude, we have an all around better team than New England this year. You are going to have down games and bad weeks, but to jump overboard every single time a big wave comes then ask for someone to throw you a preserver when it's over is just a silly way to cheer for a team.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Seems Warren Sapp has more faith in the Bills than most fans here.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 02:23 PM
I asked why you give the Patriots a free pass, not the Chargers or the Dolphins. Everyone knows San Diego is really going to have to pull their head out the last half of the season to do anything and the fins aren't going to sniff the playoffs.

New England got killed by both those teams, yet they are still better than the bills in your opinion? Newsflash dude, we have an all around better team than New England this year. You are going to have down games and bad weeks, but to jump overboard every single time a big wave comes then ask for someone to throw you a preserver when it's over is just a silly way to cheer for a team.

They have the same record as the Bills and a better division record. They were 18-1 last year. We were7-9. They still have one of the greatest coaches in NFL history, an excellent OL and a Hall of Fame receiver. You're absolutely nuts and being a complete homer if you think we have an all-around better team. NE is a better team than the Bills until the Bills prove it by beating them.

And I have no idea what you're talking about with this wave ****. It makes no sense whatsoever.

mysticsoto
10-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Wow...Warren must have hit his head when practicing all that dancing...

Buffalogic
10-28-2008, 02:30 PM
You are just a sour, salty, hater. If you really want to concede to that New England Cassels than go ahead and be my guest, but that's really weak of you. It must suck to have the mentality that every loss is a fiasco disaster meltdown and every win is just something we are supposed to do and nothing to get excited over. Talk about a total defeatist's attitude.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 02:36 PM
You are just a sour, salty, hater. If you really want to concede to that New England Cassels than go ahead and be my guest, but that's really weak of you. It must suck to have the mentality that every loss is a fiasco disaster meltdown and every win is just something we are supposed to do and nothing to get excited over. Talk about a total defeatist's attitude.

And once again, the discussion turns from the topic at hand to my attitude. Some of you people are really bad at staying on topic. I suspect that you can't counter my points so rather than face the reality of the problems with this team, you just blame it on my attitude.

The Bills lost to Miami and Arizona. They struggled for a half against St. Louis and for most of the game against Oakland. Historically, they have struggled against the Patriots, including two blowouts last year (with two teams that are largely the same as last year). The Patriots still have the same record as us plus the division tiebreaker. Yet, you think we can just march into their house and win? Defeatist attitudes notwithstanding, that doesn't make any sense.

Pinkerton Security
10-28-2008, 02:49 PM
And once again, the discussion turns from the topic at hand to my attitude. Some of you people are really bad at staying on topic. I suspect that you can't counter my points so rather than face the reality of the problems with this team, you just blame it on my attitude.

The Bills lost to Miami and Arizona. They struggled for a half against St. Louis and for most of the game against Oakland. Historically, they have struggled against the Patriots, including two blowouts last year (with two teams that are largely the same as last year). The Patriots still have the same record as us plus the division tiebreaker. Yet, you think we can just march into their house and win? Defeatist attitudes notwithstanding, that doesn't make any sense.

The Patriots games went as follows:

-Home Vs. Chiefs - Brady goes down, they struggle to put away a terrible team.
-@ Jets - Play decent and beat the decent Jets
-Home vs. Phins - Get demolished by the Wildcat
-@ Niners - Rally back after being down 14-7 against a bad team to win.
-@SD - Get thumped badly by a mediocre team, who we happened to have beaten.
-Home vs. Broncos - Run over a mediocre team with a horrific defense. Played well.
-Home vs. Rams - Play Ok against a bad team without its best player (Jackson) and get the win.

I am not saying we're better than them, but you're all about looking at how the BILLS are playing rather than looking solely at the records. So, the Pats havent really played that great.

Buffalogic
10-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Dude what are you even talking about? You made no points lol. You said New England won 18 games last year.. Wow, who the hell cares it's a totally different team. You are going to say we struggled against so and so team blah blah blah and that's why we are a fraud..

Too bad you don't use the same logic on the team you are already kneeling to. A team that got demolished by both the dolphins team (that we are so pathetic to have lost to) and got crushed by a Chargers team (that oh by the way we beat.)

You wanna talk Rams? New England won in the last five minutes of that game by what, a touchdown? Give me a break guy and use your same wacked psyche on more teams than just the one you supposedly route for.

Mike13
10-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Cant believe warren said that

I cant believe Sapp is a "Football Analyst" on not one, but two channels