• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Peters Feels His Play Is " Up To Par "

Umm... OK.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Peters Feels His Play Is " Up To Par "

He hasnt been horrible. but he hasnt been great. He is improving as the season moves on. But he hasnt earned a big pay day yet. especially after holding out.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• DrGraves
      • Mar 2008

FU peters... you've almost killed trent at least 10 times this year... and when was the last time you opened a hole for marshawn?

its a miracle we get positive rushing yardage any given game considering the backs are hit in the backfield nearly every rushing attempt.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

well...that makes one of him.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

I disagree with the post above. He has been terrible so far.

D & S Sports

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

He is far below his level of play compared to last year. He does not deserve a contract extension at the current level of play.

I am sure he knows his play sucks but does not want to admit it.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

His play is on par, to make the same exact salary next season he's currently scheduled to get.

No way he gets his raise with his play being like this. and unlike this Summer, if this keeps up, I will not be defending him again.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Bastard. I'm pissed off even more for giving a douchebag like Joey Porter a chance to run his mouth.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Where the is that Pro Bowl LT we had last year?

So far here's your big contract extension Peters

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I think he's about 23 over after 6 holes.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• dplus47
                      • Sep 2005

i can't say anything about the rest of the year, but peters was fine in the game against miami. he mostly handled porter one-on-one all day. many teams use someone to chip a player like that, and the bills pretty much chose not to help peters. and i think it worked, for the most part.

on the first sack by porter, edwards had about 5 seconds to throw. if you go back and watch the play, you can hear the announcer start to say something about how much time edwards had to throw. eventually, porter beat his block and got the sack, but that first sack was on edwards for holding the ball forever.

on the second one, in the end zone, peters did get beaten to the inside by porter, but on the other side of him, dockery had no one to block. dockery made a half-ditched effort to hit porter, but didn't fully commit and let him through. sure, that sack is on peters, but dockery could have stopped it with a better effort. watch the play again.

porter had 8.5 sacks going into this game, so it's not like he just exploded against the bills. he's playing like the old joey porter. and peters actually kept him quiet for much of the day, all by himself. that's not something everybody can do. and if you give the guy just a little bit of help on two plays, porter is shut out.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        I think he's about 23 over after 6 holes.

and he has used his mulligan for both the front and back 9.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• HAMMER
                          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                          • Jul 2003

He has given up a few sacks that cost us but overall his play has been very solid. People are hatin because of the holdout.

Comment

• Griff
                            • Jul 2008

wtf is his handicap?

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by dplus47
                              i can't say anything about the rest of the year, but peters was fine in the game against miami. he mostly handled porter one-on-one all day. many teams use someone to chip a player like that, and the bills pretty much chose not to help peters. and i think it worked, for the most part.

on the first sack by porter, edwards had about 5 seconds to throw. if you go back and watch the play, you can hear the announcer start to say something about how much time edwards had to throw. eventually, porter beat his block and got the sack, but that first sack was on edwards for holding the ball forever.

on the second one, in the end zone, peters did get beaten to the inside by porter, but on the other side of him, dockery had no one to block. dockery made a half-ditched effort to hit porter, but didn't fully commit and let him through. sure, that sack is on peters, but dockery could have stopped it with a better effort. watch the play again.

porter had 8.5 sacks going into this game, so it's not like he just exploded against the bills. he's playing like the old joey porter. and peters actually kept him quiet for much of the day, all by himself. that's not something everybody can do. and if you give the guy just a little bit of help on two plays, porter is shut out.
                              anytime you give up 2 sacks you're not doing your job; i don't care who you're playing
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X