PDA

View Full Version : Peters Feels His Play Is " Up To Par "

Night Train
10-27-2008, 03:06 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/peters-feels-his-play-is-up-to-par/269ecb4d-3677-44b6-9e7c-7dbaba7505dd

Umm... OK.

BillsWin
10-27-2008, 03:21 PM
He hasnt been horrible. but he hasnt been great. He is improving as the season moves on. But he hasnt earned a big pay day yet. especially after holding out.

DrGraves
FU peters... you've almost killed trent at least 10 times this year... and when was the last time you opened a hole for marshawn?

its a miracle we get positive rushing yardage any given game considering the backs are hit in the backfield nearly every rushing attempt.

Ebenezer
well...that makes one of him.

RockStar36
I disagree with the post above. He has been terrible so far.

don137
10-27-2008, 03:23 PM
He is far below his level of play compared to last year. He does not deserve a contract extension at the current level of play.

I am sure he knows his play sucks but does not want to admit it.

patmoran2006
10-27-2008, 03:30 PM
His play is on par, to make the same exact salary next season he's currently scheduled to get.

No way he gets his raise with his play being like this. and unlike this Summer, if this keeps up, I will not be defending him again.

madness
10-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Bastard. I'm pissed off even more for giving a douchebag like Joey Porter a chance to run his mouth.

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Where the :curse: is that Pro Bowl LT we had last year?

So far here's your big contract extension Peters :monkeyp::$:

Jan Reimers
10-27-2008, 03:46 PM
I think he's about 23 over after 6 holes.

dplus47
10-27-2008, 03:53 PM
i can't say anything about the rest of the year, but peters was fine in the game against miami. he mostly handled porter one-on-one all day. many teams use someone to chip a player like that, and the bills pretty much chose not to help peters. and i think it worked, for the most part.

on the first sack by porter, edwards had about 5 seconds to throw. if you go back and watch the play, you can hear the announcer start to say something about how much time edwards had to throw. eventually, porter beat his block and got the sack, but that first sack was on edwards for holding the ball forever.

on the second one, in the end zone, peters did get beaten to the inside by porter, but on the other side of him, dockery had no one to block. dockery made a half-ditched effort to hit porter, but didn't fully commit and let him through. sure, that sack is on peters, but dockery could have stopped it with a better effort. watch the play again.

porter had 8.5 sacks going into this game, so it's not like he just exploded against the bills. he's playing like the old joey porter. and peters actually kept him quiet for much of the day, all by himself. that's not something everybody can do. and if you give the guy just a little bit of help on two plays, porter is shut out.

Ebenezer
10-27-2008, 04:37 PM
I think he's about 23 over after 6 holes.
:roflmao:

and he has used his mulligan for both the front and back 9.

HAMMER
10-27-2008, 04:41 PM
He has given up a few sacks that cost us but overall his play has been very solid. People are hatin because of the holdout.

Griff
10-27-2008, 05:21 PM
wtf is his handicap?

Ingtar33
10-27-2008, 05:26 PM
i can't say anything about the rest of the year, but peters was fine in the game against miami. he mostly handled porter one-on-one all day. many teams use someone to chip a player like that, and the bills pretty much chose not to help peters. and i think it worked, for the most part.

on the first sack by porter, edwards had about 5 seconds to throw. if you go back and watch the play, you can hear the announcer start to say something about how much time edwards had to throw. eventually, porter beat his block and got the sack, but that first sack was on edwards for holding the ball forever.

on the second one, in the end zone, peters did get beaten to the inside by porter, but on the other side of him, dockery had no one to block. dockery made a half-ditched effort to hit porter, but didn't fully commit and let him through. sure, that sack is on peters, but dockery could have stopped it with a better effort. watch the play again.

porter had 8.5 sacks going into this game, so it's not like he just exploded against the bills. he's playing like the old joey porter. and peters actually kept him quiet for much of the day, all by himself. that's not something everybody can do. and if you give the guy just a little bit of help on two plays, porter is shut out.

anytime you give up 2 sacks you're not doing your job; i don't care who you're playing

TacklingDummy
10-27-2008, 05:44 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/peters-feels-his-play-is-up-to-par/269ecb4d-3677-44b6-9e7c-7dbaba7505dd

Umm... OK.

Take away his bad plays and Peters is having a Pro-Bowl season.

TacklingDummy
10-27-2008, 05:47 PM
People are hatin because of the holdout.

People are hating because of the way has played.

If Peters performed, people wouldn't hate him. Examples...Moss, TO, Losman, or just about any player in the NFL.

Tatonka
10-27-2008, 08:05 PM
what is peters going to say? yeah.. i suck.

dplus47
10-27-2008, 10:05 PM
anytime you give up 2 sacks you're not doing your job; i don't care who you're playing

it's a team game. a lot of teams could use a LT like peters.

if the QB thinks he can hold the ball for 5+ seconds when you have someone blocking a top flight pass rusher one-on-one, you're not going to find any LT that can "do his job." the first one was definitely on the QB. edwards had all the time in the world on that play and he never pulled the trigger.

go ahead and pin the second sack on him. but look at the tape and see what dockery did on the play. what the hell was his job on that play? wear his uniform proudly?

Mr. Pink
10-28-2008, 02:28 AM
it's a team game. a lot of teams could use a LT like peters.

if the QB thinks he can hold the ball for 5+ seconds when you have someone blocking a top flight pass rusher one-on-one, you're not going to find any LT that can "do his job." the first one was definitely on the QB. edwards had all the time in the world on that play and he never pulled the trigger.

go ahead and pin the second sack on him. but look at the tape and see what dockery did on the play. what the hell was his job on that play? wear his uniform proudly?

Bingo.

Thanked post.

Griff
10-28-2008, 04:28 AM
Take away his bad plays and Peters is having a Pro-Bowl season.

You can say that about every player in the league, what a silly comment to make.

HAMMER
10-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Half you people were the ones saying how cheap the Bills were for not caving to Peters demands because he was elite and we should lock him up. Now he sucks? Too high, too low, week to week.

blackonyx89
10-28-2008, 09:52 AM

Umm... OK.

Umm....NO.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2008, 09:59 AM
You can say that about every player in the league, what a silly comment to make.

It was sarcasm. Some people will get the joke.

Ebenezer
10-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Half you people were the ones saying how cheap the Bills were for not caving to Peters demands because he was elite and we should lock him up. Now he sucks? Too high, too low, week to week.
Please...I never supported Peters. Based on one year he had no leg to stand on for a new contract...based on this year's play any raise I would give him next year would be minimal.