PDA

View Full Version : How about Vernon Davis in a Bills uni?

X-Era
10-27-2008, 03:38 PM
He just may be on the block.

Im sorry, I understand he ran his mouth to some degree, but I just dont think hes a cancer. Anyone who has seen his play and his heart knows he wants tobe the best and win. SF sucks, flat out.

Sure, he could go and be completely quiet, but I think he just speaks with a heart that wants to win.

Anyways, he might be headed out of 49'er ville. Id take him in a heart beat, hes no punk.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/27/singletary-wants-to-get-rid-of-cancers/

patmoran2006
10-27-2008, 03:39 PM
already beat ya to it in a thread earlier, which got trashed. But in reflecting, probably for good reason.

Bills dont need that kind of attitude on this team right now, and nobody liked Davis coming out of school more than me.

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-27-2008, 03:40 PM
I was thinking about this alst night after watching the Singletary interview. I think I would take a shot on him as long as the price wasn't too high. They haven't had a consistent offensive attack in SF for years so I think with a QB like Trent that likes to use the tight end he could do some good damage for us.

X-Era
10-27-2008, 03:42 PM
already beat ya to it in a thread earlier, which got trashed. But in reflecting, probably for good reason.

Bills dont need that kind of attitude on this team right now, and nobody liked Davis coming out of school more than me.

I see his attitude as being a fiery competitor. Terrell is a ME FIRST player, Vernon just wants to win and to have his team mates play like they want to win.

Pinkerton Security
10-27-2008, 03:47 PM
I see his attitude as being a fiery competitor. Terrell is a ME FIRST player, Vernon just wants to win and to have his team mates play like they want to win.

and you know this how?

from what I've heard on the radio and whatnot, hes had a history of irking coaches with his lax attitude.

also, the reason Singletary sent him to the locker room was because he wasnt being fired up enough. i dont know either, but we can only go on what media outlets tell us, and from what I've heard his attitude is piss-poor.

X-Era
10-27-2008, 03:54 PM
and you know this how?

from what I've heard on the radio and whatnot, hes had a history of irking coaches with his lax attitude.

also, the reason Singletary sent him to the locker room was because he wasnt being fired up enough. i dont know either, but we can only go on what media outlets tell us, and from what I've heard his attitude is piss-poor.

From what youve heard on the radio?

Did you watch him play? He showed up in every single game in college, and then went to one of the worst teams in the league.

Young? Yes. Hes young. Hes got a fiery attitude.

Guess what, so does Jay Cutler (a better arm than Elway), so did Elway who refused to go to the Colts. So did Kelly, who 2 years after he was out of the league told Paul McGuuire that hes better still than 85% of the league.

I dont mind guys who want to win and get fired up to do so. I mind guys who are all about ME. Singletary thinks hes a me guy, but maybe he just doesnt like the guy.

We dont know the real deal with him. We have ZERO proof from him that hes a punk. TO is a punk and has shown it to reporters directly.

Pinkerton Security
10-27-2008, 04:03 PM
From what youve heard on the radio?

Did you watch him play? He showed up in every single game in college, and then went to one of the worst teams in the league.

Young? Yes. Hes young. Hes got a fiery attitude.

Guess what, so does Jay Cutler (a better arm than Elway), so did Elway who refused to go to the Colts. So did Kelly, who 2 years after he was out of the league told Paul McGuuire that hes better still than 85% of the league.

I dont mind guys who want to win and get fired up to do so. I mind guys who are all about ME. Singletary thinks hes a me guy, but maybe he just doesnt like the guy.

We dont know the real deal with him. We have ZERO proof from him that hes a punk. TO is a punk and has shown it to reporters directly.

-Do YOU watch him play?!
-What evidence do you have that he has a "fiery attitude"?

One veteran defensive player praised the move to Silver: “Vernon does this crap all the time, and [former coach Mike] Nolan would always let it go. He created this monster.”

His own teammates even seem to somewhat be sick of his BS.

I'm not saying I know either way, but somehow you think hes a fiery young competitor who is misunderstood. How can you say this with any certainty?

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Attitude aside, he has had injury problems has he not?

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2008, 04:05 PM

If Pat is downplaying the idea, it is probably not a good idea. He loved Davis in that draft.

Attitude, mouth and injuries are not a good combo for an unproven player.

Ingtar33
10-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Singletary called Davis out as a me first quitter. I'm sorry, you know something is wrong with a guy when his coach calls him out publicly, and instead of standing up for him, the teammates back the coach.

I think we can avoid having that type of guy here. and what has he done since his rookie year?

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0-4-298/Singletary-takes-stand-against-49ers--Davis.html

X-Era
10-27-2008, 06:02 PM
-Do YOU watch him play?!
-What evidence do you have that he has a "fiery attitude"?

One veteran defensive player praised the move to Silver: “Vernon does this crap all the time, and [former coach Mike] Nolan would always let it go. He created this monster.”

His own teammates even seem to somewhat be sick of his BS.

I'm not saying I know either way, but somehow you think hes a fiery young competitor who is misunderstood. How can you say this with any certainty?

I said I THINK. I agree that neither of us knows.

Thats why I made the stark contrast between him and clowns like TO. TO opens his mouth to the public and removes all doubt that hes a moron.

We just dont know the details.

Heres some of his direct comments:

http://nflbiz.blogspot.com/2006/04/san-francisco-49ers-te-vernon-davis.html

Look, he could be an attitude problem. He could be.

He also could be a good player with a good heart in a bad situation, see Marcus Stroud.

more cowbell
10-27-2008, 06:03 PM
vernon davis is a bust.

the guy hasn't done ANYTHING close to what he was projected to do in the NFL. He was supossed to re-define the TE position.

Aside from always being hurt...he just isn't that good...so no thanks

Luisito23
10-27-2008, 06:07 PM
I would easily give up a 2nd. and a 5th....Sure he hasn't done nothing so far, but look at the clowns throwing him the ball....Also I'm not worried about his attitude problems at all, it most likely won't happen but I really hope we at least try to get this done in the offseason!

Night Train
10-27-2008, 06:15 PM
He had the Eric Flowers combine and was over drafted. Nice, bloated contract to boot.

Next !

X-Era
10-27-2008, 06:30 PM
He had the Eric Flowers combine and was over drafted. Nice, bloated contract to boot.

Next !

Erik Flowers didnt stand out in college, Vernon did. And then he blew it up in the combine.

I remember a Bills sportscaster, I think it was Howard Simon, saying that you wouldnt find Erik Flowers name even in the media guide, EVERYONE knew who Vernon Davis was.

Its not the same, nor even similar.

Tatonka
10-27-2008, 08:08 PM
vernon davis is a bust.

the guy hasn't done ANYTHING close to what he was projected to do in the NFL. He was supossed to re-define the TE position.

Aside from always being hurt...he just isn't that good...so no thanks

you are correct, sir.

Mr. Pink
10-28-2008, 02:33 AM
YaY let's try to pick up an underachieving gutless spineless heartless me first loser who appears that all he cares about is getting his game checks.

I mean honestly, have any of you ever seen him play?

The few 49ers games I've caught, I haven't even really noticed him. For a guy that was supposed to be the next great TE in this league and make people forget Sharpe, Newsome, Winslow Sr he sure hasn't done a damn thing.

I'd rather have Robert Royal. and I can't believe I typed that :rofl:

Ingtar33
10-28-2008, 08:02 AM
Erik Flowers didnt stand out in college, Vernon did. And then he blew it up in the combine.

Erik Flowers set the NCAA division 1 record for sacks in a year (22), of course sacks weren't an official college football stat until sometime in the late 90's so this doesn't mean much

though the current record is 24, held by Terrell Suggs (set in 2002)

patmoran2006
10-28-2008, 08:26 AM
YaY let's try to pick up an underachieving gutless spineless heartless me first loser who appears that all he cares about is getting his game checks.

I mean honestly, have any of you ever seen him play?

The few 49ers games I've caught, I haven't even really noticed him. For a guy that was supposed to be the next great TE in this league and make people forget Sharpe, Newsome, Winslow Sr he sure hasn't done a damn thing.

I'd rather have Robert Royal. and I can't believe I typed that :rofl:
Id rather have Lonnie Johnson back before Royal.

Mike13
10-28-2008, 02:53 PM
I see nothing wrong with the Bills signing a bust.

X-Era
10-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Erik Flowers set the NCAA division 1 record for sacks in a year (22), of course sacks weren't an official college football stat until sometime in the late 90's so this doesn't mean much

though the current record is 24, held by Terrell Suggs (set in 2002)

He was so good that he didnt make the media guide?

Confused
10-28-2008, 04:08 PM
I want Vernon Davis. Screw all you naysayers. Your opinions mean about as much as mine does. He's good, our TE's arent. nuff said bit-chez!!

Luisito23
10-29-2008, 12:04 AM
I want Vernon Davis. Screw all you naysayers. Your opinions mean about as much as mine does. He's good, our TE's arent. nuff said bit-chez!!

My friend, you are as lost as you are confused, but we can finally agree on something!!!....:shake:

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Why would you want to trade for him? San Fran is going to HAVE to release him, just look at the size of his contract. Who the hell would want to take on a contract like that for a player who has been very average at best?

Ingtar33
10-29-2008, 03:47 PM
He was so good that he didnt make the media guide?

because no one thought he was any good that year.

im still convinced butler threw that draft.

X-Era
10-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Why would you want to trade for him? San Fran is going to HAVE to release him, just look at the size of his contract. Who the hell would want to take on a contract like that for a player who has been very average at best?

If he hits the open market, doche bag owners will throw huge money at him. Teams like Wash, Dallas, to name a few. The Pats wouldnt suprise me at all

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2008, 06:04 PM
If he hits the open market, doche bag owners will throw huge money at him. Teams like Wash, Dallas, to name a few. The Pats wouldnt suprise me at all

No way, dude. There is not a chance in hell that he will make more than what he is making now, you're forgetting that he was the 6th-7th pick overall, Whitner has a contract worth about 36 million(he was the 8th pick overall), I'm pretty sure Davis' contract is worth around 42 million or so. Lee Evans just got a deal worth what? 44 million? Who the **** would pay Davis to a deal similar to what Lee Evans is getting? Over the course of his career he has only averaged 30 yards per game!! In 32 games he only caught 7 TD's and he has never played a full season healthy.

TigerJ
10-29-2008, 06:23 PM
I won't prejudge him. If I were the Bills' brass, I might consider sitting down with him to see for myself what kind of attitude he has. Suppose he interviews and passes (convinces Russ Brandon he can be a team player)? If Buffalo trades for him, they would have no signing bonus to worry about. They can cut his behind with no ongoing cap implications. If the 49ers cut him, I'd consideran incentive laden contract that somehow was written to encourage behavior that fit the team concept. If Davis won't sign a contract like that, or another team offers a deal that overpays him, "Sayonara!"