PDA

View Full Version : We truly need a Bruce Smith type DE in here!

blackonyx89
10-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Is there anyone out there that can come in and help? Kelsay and Schobel needs a monster DE big time!!!

HHURRICANE
10-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Is there anyone out there that can come in and help? Kelsay and Schobel needs a monster DE big time!!!

Started this thread 6 months ago and I was called nuts. You are obviously wrong because now that we have size up the middle it's taking pressure off the ends so they can get to the QB.

Don't mess with a perfect theory as it may throw the board into chaos and they may have to recognize that some of us were right.

THATHURMANATOR
10-28-2008, 08:45 AM
I think most teams are saying this exact same thing.

HH who would call you nuts for wanting a Bruce Smith Type DE? NO ONE.

HHURRICANE
10-28-2008, 08:47 AM
I think most teams are saying this exact same thing.

HH who would call you nuts for wanting a Bruce Smith Type DE? NO ONE.

We have no pass rush. Hence why we need a Bruce Smith type.

BillsOwnAll
10-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Well i think any team can use a hall of fame DE type.

THATHURMANATOR
10-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Right I know. Who is the person that was saying we Don't need a Bruce smith type player?

HHURRICANE
10-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Right I know. Who is the person that was saying we Don't need a Bruce smith type player?

Considering that Bruce Smith is the greatest DE to play the game I'm not so sure another one like him will be easy to find.

I think the thread was more about getting anyone who could actually get to the QB.

blackonyx89
10-28-2008, 09:06 AM

Someone who can play at a higher level than Schobel and Kelsay, that's all I'm saying.

billsfanone
10-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Hall of fame DE's aren't exactly a dime a dozen.

DraftBoy
10-28-2008, 09:12 AM
I've been saying we needed better DE's for about two or so years ago, as for a Bruce Smith type. That maybe a little too much wishful thinking.

Pinkerton Security
10-28-2008, 09:16 AM
I've been saying it since I was born, so i have all of you prognosticators beat!!! HA suckers. Ive been saying it longer woooooooo im special.

eddiehaskill
10-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Just remember back to 2001. We could have had Dwight Freeney instead of the Mike Williams pick. Where was Marv during those drafts?

THATHURMANATOR
10-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Considering that Bruce Smith is the greatest DE to play the game I'm not so sure another one like him will be easy to find.

I think the thread was more about getting anyone who could actually get to the QB.
Ok right I agree. Who was not agreeing with this?

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 09:40 AM
There will NEVER be another Bruce Smith. He and Reggie White were in a class of their own. The only guy who even came close was Strahan, and he's still a level behind them. So, just forget about that.

However, we do need to upgrade the DE position. In fact, think of the amount of attention that's been spent on the DL over the last 2-3 years:

1. Drafted McCargo, Kyle Williams and Chris Ellis
2. Brought in Tripplett (gone), Hargrove (suspended-likely gone), Copeland Bryan, Spencer Johnson, Marcus Stroud.
3. Resigned Denney, Kelsay and Schobel.

For a unit that's received that much money and attention, the DL has been very disappointing, particularly in the pass rush.

THATHURMANATOR
10-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Copeland Bryan is the only DE that I saw get ANY pressure sunday. That is not good.

Ingtar33
10-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Bruce was probably the greatest DE to ever play the game

we won't ever see another Bruce... but I'll take a S.Rice type, AS used to be like that, he really is a shell of himself this year. I'm wondering if he has a foot or knee injury he's been playing with, because he doesn't have close to the speed he used to.

Luisito23
10-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Stupid thread....Everyone in the NFL needs a Bruce Smith type DE, common sense...

TheBrownBear
10-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Come on, the future greatest pass rusher in NFL history has to be out there somewhere on the waiver wire or practice squad. :)

billsfanone
10-28-2008, 01:08 PM
All we need is:
A Bruce Smith DE
A Jim Kelly QB
A Thurman Thomas RB
A Andre Reed WR.
Might as well add a Jerry Rice WR too.
A Lawrence Taylor LB.

ok let me stop.

tat2dmike77
10-28-2008, 01:18 PM

What you need is this team to move to anthor country and put all of you out your misery

HHURRICANE
10-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Someone who can play at a higher level than Schobel and Kelsay, that's all I'm saying.

I understood you the first time. It was Thurm that tried to change the thread around.

blackonyx89
10-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Stupid thread....Everyone in the NFL needs a Bruce Smith type DE, common sense...

Not a stupid thread. I did say I'd like to have a Bruce Smith type of player, more specifically a player that's better than Schobel and Kelsay. I did say that in a different post. Game changer, is that specific enough for you?

DUUHHH!
:clump:

Akhippo
10-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Rationally scanning the roster I think DE in the first would be the course to take. Then LB, then Center. Again if there is a better prospect and no DE, blah blah.

But DE needs to be addressed. But will the FO even consider it given they spent a third on Ellis. Plus our front office obviously looks at our line through a different pair of glasses then the rest because they seem satisfied; more than satisfied with our group

I would rather have a 9 with a 6 backup then what the front office likes a bunch of 8's and 7's.