PDA

View Full Version : Pats 0 penalties...Rams pissed, send tape to league

Coach Sal
10-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Rams send tape to NFL over what they believe are missed calls

ESPN.com news services

The New England Patriots were assessed zero penalty yards in their win over the St. Louis Rams on Sunday -- and the Rams want to know why.

The Rams are sending a videotape to the NFL's offices, highlighting plays the team believes should have resulted in penalties against the Patriots on Sunday, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

"Never ever, ever, ever played a perfect team before," Rams guard Richie Incognito said about the disparity, according to the report. "That's all I am going to say on that one."

During the game, the Rams were flagged 12 times (with three penalties declined) for 63 yards; the Patriots were flagged once, with the Rams declining that penalty.

"It doesn't help. It just lets them know you know," Rams coach Jim Haslett said of the decision to send the tape, according to the report.

The Post-Dispatch reported that Haslett pointed out three plays he believed should have resulted in personal fouls against the Patriots: a grab of quarterback Marc Bulger's face mask; a late hit on Bulger; and an out-of-bounds hit on cornerback Fakhir Brown following an interception.

Haslett also said the Rams were hurt by a poor placement on a punt that Donnie Jones kicked out of bounds during the fourth quarter, according to the report. New England took possession at its 48-yard line and tied the score at 16 on a field goal six plays later.

"I thought we should've had at least another 10 yards," Haslett said of the placement, according to the report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3668962

billsburgh
10-28-2008, 01:48 PM
just give it to them.............

Night Train
10-28-2008, 01:52 PM
http://www.stampedeblue.com/images/admin/Patriotsnewlogo.jpg

:D:

cocamide
10-28-2008, 02:02 PM
This is one of the many reasons I have no sympathy for New England losing Brady during the first game of the year. And seeing Harrison go out brought another tear of joy to my eye. Hopefully Wilfork suffers the same fate.

PcA125
10-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Wish I could see those plays

mybills
10-28-2008, 02:47 PM
I saw that game as the bills backers share the bar with the Pats fans. It was ridiculous! I don't blame them for sending it, but he's right..it won't do anything. Friggin' zebras. :down:

Michael82
10-28-2008, 03:11 PM
:sigh:

bigbub2352
10-28-2008, 04:01 PM
NE doesnt have the same rules as the rest of the NFL that has been obvious since Belicheck took over

mchurchfie
10-28-2008, 04:24 PM
I love it. Haslett has never been afraid to buck the system.:snicker:

mybills
10-29-2008, 09:05 AM
NE doesnt have the same rules as the rest of the NFL that has been obvious since Belicheck took over
Exactly!