PDA

View Full Version : Jauron's Quote on Reed

patmoran2006
10-28-2008, 02:02 PM
“Josh Reed is a very tough and resilient player. We’ll be careful with him. We won’t take any chances.”<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Doesn’t sound to me like he’ll be in the lineup before the Jets game Sunday.<o:p></o:p>

TacklingDummy
10-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Hardy will need to step up.

patmoran2006
10-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Someone will.

Reevis will be on Evans and Im sure he'll get a lot of help.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets implement Miami's strategy; rush fewer and drop more into coverage.. Make Edwards hold on to the ball longer and frustrate him into plays.

Forward_Lateral
10-28-2008, 02:06 PM
All I have to say is, remember what happened to Takeo when he played with a strained achilles. We don't need that happening to Reed.

Oaf
10-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Someone will.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets implement Miami's strategy; rush fewer and drop more into coverage.. Make Edwards hold on to the ball longer and frustrate him into plays. That only works if they are able to get pressure with 3 or 4. Miami did and it worked, but if our line plays like they should play, I'm confident Edwards will pick that apart. If 5 lineman can't block 3 guys then yeah, of course it works.

If they rushed no guys and dropped 11, I bet Edwards could find targets.

Pinkerton Security
10-28-2008, 02:36 PM
ya, i recall last year the Jests rushed 3 or 4 all game long, and we picked them apart. Does anyone else remember this?

Ebenezer
10-28-2008, 03:55 PM
“Josh Reed is a very tough and resilient player. We’ll be careful with him. We won’t take any chances.”<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Doesn’t sound to me like he’ll be in the lineup before the Jets game Sunday.<o:p></o:p>
Let me translate that for you:

"We brought McGee back too soon and got our lunch stolen by a never was wanna be...it won't happen again".

Albany,n.y.
10-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Reed won't be back for about a month.

Mahdi
10-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Someone will.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets implement Miami's strategy; rush fewer and drop more into coverage.. Make Edwards hold on to the ball longer and frustrate him into plays.
Jets already implemented that strategy against us last year... thats where the fins got it...

ghz in pittsburgh
10-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Reed was sorely missed. On the play before Edwards first fumble, he would normaly be the there instead of Hardy. That's a play action play and Reed is known for run blocking AS WELL as finding a soft zone in coverage. Hardy just could not do that. Instead Edwards had to throw a jump ball to him.

theanswer74
10-28-2008, 08:46 PM

Dont be so sure, they taped McGee's knee together and threw him out there to be fish bait.