PDA

View Full Version : I think we are screwed without Reed.

HHURRICANE
10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Someone mentioned that Reed should be an MVP of this team this year. Others had Stroud, Edwards, etc.

I actually think if you use the last 2-3 years is has to be Reed. He makes the big, necessary catches, and fights for every first down.

He is also hands down the guy we go to when we need to get some rythm on the offense. He was important to JP and he is equally as improtant to Trent.

I actually think this is a much bigger injury than Parrish was for the offense. Actually I watched Parrish get man-handled on Sunday.

I was pretty high on a win, at home, against the Jets. I think Reed may tilt the scales the other way.

I think this is one of the losses that is going to cost us some games because Trent is still a guy that doesn't even have a full season of starts and needs the comfort of having that go to guy.

Patti120
10-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Reed is a big loss but it just means that someone has got to step it up in his place. IE Hardy. (Please note that I'm not underestimating how big a loss Reed is b/c he has been clutch for TE, especially on 3rd downs this year).

It's be nice to see McKelvin get it together and actually return a kick as well.

psubills62
10-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Reed was definitely a loss, but it was an unexpected one during the game. This week they'll be able to prepare for the Jets knowing they won't have Reed (most likely, anyway). They'll survive.

Night Train
10-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Welcome to the NFL, Steve Johnson.

Time to activate him.

HHURRICANE
10-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Hardy and McKelvin look like rookies so expecting Johnson to come out there and do any better is alot to ask.

I think they need to line Fred Jackson up as a WR and take their chances. I think he's the best shot we have.

Pinkerton Security
10-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Hardy and McKelvin look like rookies so expecting Johnson to come out there and do any better is alot to ask.

I think they need to line Fred Jackson up as a WR and take their chances. I think he's the best shot we have.

you think lining up a RB at the WR slot, someone who hasnt run the routes in practice, is going to be better than lining up Hardy or Johnson?

I agree Jackson is a playmaker we can use once in a while in the slot, I think you're a bit crazy to suggest he'd be a better WR than real WR's, if only for the lack of experience at the position in general.

Night Train
10-28-2008, 02:57 PM

:rofl:

Don't be late ! :shortbus:

patmoran2006
10-28-2008, 03:07 PM
I didnt say Reed was the team MVP.
I said Reed deserves consideration.. That is a difference.

Stroud and Edwards are my MVPs this year.

EDS
10-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Reed is a decent receiver but certaintly not irreplaceable. The Bills should be fine without him.

Albany,n.y.
10-28-2008, 04:54 PM

What do Hardy's & McKelvin's development, or lack thereof, have any correlation to the development of Steve Johnson? Johnson looked pretty good in preseason and I think he might be a lot better than Hardy at this point. If Hardy can't have a breakout game Johnson or Jenkins will. My guess it will be Johnson.
Overall I like the coaching staff & I'm fully supportive of Jauron's extention, but...The biggest problem I have with this coaching staff is they don't seem to be willing to adjust their depth chart to the talents until injuries or total ineffectiveness demand they do so. Look at Jackson behind Thomas and at the start Greer behind Webster last year. They don't seem to trust production in preseason which has later translated into in season success.
I believe that if Hardy & McKelvin can't cut it, it has no bearing on whether Johnson & Corner (who outplayed McKelvin in preseason) could do a better job if the staff wasn't so politically stubborn with their depth chart.

FlyingDutchman
10-28-2008, 06:05 PM

youre kidding right