PDA

View Full Version : Check all the panic at the door..

Buffalogic
10-28-2008, 02:44 PM
After the Miami game the boards have been overrun with panicky, knee-jerk team/player bashing threads. If it's not our secondary sucks, or our DE's lack of pass rush sucks, or our run blocking sucks, or my particular favorite Marshawn isn't that good, than it's something else to whine about...

Damn can't you people take a loss?? Our team isn't in shambles. We could have easily won that game. Despite what many want to believe, this is the sole reason we lost the game right here...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/JP722/dfdf.jpg

Trent is still a second year QB people, there are going to be bumps and bruises along the way!!

He made an inexperienced mistake reaching the ball out there in the middle of the field like he was on the goaline or something. Edwards made another error camping in the end zone waiting to get stripped for the safety.

Those are young QB errors and Trent has had virtually none of those up to this point so give him a break and back up from the ledge people!! Bills fans haven't won in so long, I get it, but the repeated defeatist attitude even when we are 5-2 is annoying!! Stop acting like whiney ass cub fans!!

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Why do you say "we could have easily won that game" but won't acknowledge that we could have easily LOST the StL, Oak or Jax games? The logic has to work both ways.

This is NOT a knee jerk reaction to one loss. Our pass rush has sucked all season (example: ZERO sacks against a Cards team that has given up sacks all season), our run blocking has sucked all season, our secondary hasn't sucked all season but is hurt by injuries and by being exposed against Arizona.

(I will admit that the Lynch thing was over the top though- that thread was just ridiculous).

And Trent is NOT a rookie so rookie mistakes are NOT acceptable.

So, you can keep your head in the sand and assume it's because Trent made some 4th quarter mistakes, but the problems on this team go a LOT deeper than that.

HHURRICANE
10-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Funny, but it's not Trent I'm worried about. He hung onto the ball too long and the first down reach was bone-headed but the team should have won the game anway.

I am more worried about our pathetic D and which o-line is going to show up.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 02:52 PM
w22 , some people here can't even take a win.

mybills
10-28-2008, 03:02 PM
haha that's true, justa!

Buffalogic
10-28-2008, 03:04 PM
No he's not a rookie, but he is still a very young quarterback. There is a learning curve and there is going to be a game where his inexperience might put us in a bad position.. like in the Miami game. It's a trade off. Nobody plays perfect. You just want him to have a lot more good games than bad.

...And he has done that so far.

Confused
10-28-2008, 03:05 PM
hey wagon, do like I do. avoid the boards for 2 days after a loss. the knee-jerk drivel tends to run its course in that time. Its all B.S. started by loser dooshbags who enjoy argueing and conjecture. I dont waste my time or braincells with such nonsense.

Confused
10-28-2008, 03:07 PM
P.S.

Op is the worst. his threads and responses after a win are bad enough. He should not be allowed to post for 3 days after a loss. Its gotten that bad.

shelby
10-28-2008, 03:17 PM
i'm going to say again that it is not productive to complain about the posting styles of individuals you don't agree with.

Those of you who complain about Op should go to your user cp and put him on your ignore list...then you don't have to read his posts ever again.

There is a lot of frustration here because the general consensus was that we should have beaten the Fins on Sunday. Instead, we had a game full of errors and lost. The media has been hyping the Bills all season, and some fans feel that the team we're watching on Sundays isn't living up to the hype.

By Friday we'll all be posting :gobills: and :jetsuck:.

Jan Reimers
10-28-2008, 03:39 PM
I am not in a panic, but I am concerned that we have shown very little progress in certain key areas, including our pass rush, our run blocking and our tackling. We need to get better in these fundamental areas, or the Arizona and Miami games could become the rule, rather than the exception.

justasportsfan
10-28-2008, 03:41 PM
not all. Some are going to be saying we suck. Tat comes to mind first.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 03:52 PM
hey wagon, do like I do. avoid the boards for 2 days after a loss. the knee-jerk drivel tends to run its course in that time. Its all B.S. started by loser dooshbags who enjoy argueing and conjecture. I dont waste my time or braincells with such nonsense.

it's not knee-jerk and it's not drivel.

All season, I've been trying to point out the problems with this team to the posters on this board to no avail. Well, the problems resulted in losses in two of the last 3 games. So just maybe there's something to that so called "drivel" and just maybe it's more than conjecture.

You can go ahead and bury your head in the sand, too. Just be prepared when reality comes and kicks you in the ass and you never see it coming.

Buffalogic
10-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Yup, our first playoff appearance in forever is going to be a harsh reality to face..I don't know how I'll even bear it...

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Yup, our first playoff appearance in forever is going to be a harsh reality to face..I don't know how I'll even bear it...

hahahahaha.

Head in the sand.....

bigbub2352
10-28-2008, 03:59 PM
i usually dont post negative threads, but the coaching is what concerns me the most, then the pass rush, then the TE position, then the oline, then our defensive scheme

But other than that i am positive as a peach

Buffalogic
10-28-2008, 04:03 PM
hahahahaha.

Head in the sand.....

The funny thing is you actually expect us to tank it so badly we are going to ruin a 4-0 start???

DEFEATIST!!! Go run to the pats..

Confused
10-28-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm from reality. we will be 8-8 maybe worse. sound real enuf?! tons of holes and needs to fill. I could go on and on. but you do it for me. so in a way I should thank you, but i wont.
We are still 5-2 and I'll be cheering at the game sunday regardless.

Thanks for the level head Shelby.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 04:14 PM
The funny thing is you actually expect us to tank it so badly we are going to ruin a 4-0 start???

DEFEATIST!!! Go run to the pats..

If I was a defeatist I wouldn't be cheering for the Bills at all.

Why is it that people on this site think someone who actually acknowledges reality but still roots for the team should jump ship? If you actually acknowledged how bad this team is, would that cause you to go run to the Pats? I seriously hope not because that would be pathetic.

Teams that have no pass rush and can't run the ball don't make the playoffs. It's that simple.

Buffalogic
10-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Lol I'm not betting on my team to tank after they have shown a lot of resilience to this point...Unlike you.

OpIv37
10-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Lol I'm not betting on my team to tank after they have shown a lot of resilience to this point...Unlike you.

betting has nothing to do with rooting for a team. if you always bet on the Bills you'll go broke in a single season.

They've shown a lot of resilience and very little skill on the OL, on the DL, in the defensive backfield, at TE, in pass coverage.....

This is real life, not a Disney hockey movie. Resilience only gets you so far.

Confused
10-28-2008, 07:15 PM
(fartnoise)

shelby
10-28-2008, 08:21 PM
i could swear i posted something meaningful and important in this thread.

Cntrygal
10-28-2008, 09:00 PM
i'm going to say again that it is not productive to complain about the posting styles of individuals you don't agree with.

Those of you who complain about Op should go to your user cp and put him on your ignore list...then you don't have to read his posts ever again.

There is a lot of frustration here because the general consensus was that we should have beaten the Fins on Sunday. Instead, we had a game full of errors and lost. The media has been hyping the Bills all season, and some fans feel that the team we're watching on Sundays isn't living up to the hype.

:10:

Cntrygal
10-28-2008, 09:03 PM
i could swear i posted something meaningful and important in this thread.

It was also BEE-U-TEE-FUL!!!! :insane::boozer:

shelby
10-29-2008, 04:33 AM
It doesn't matter....they don't get it.
:banghead:

LtFinFan66
10-29-2008, 05:21 AM
They just ignored you Shelby

Jan Reimers
10-29-2008, 07:33 AM
i usually dont post negative threads, but the coaching is what concerns me the most, then the pass rush, then the TE position, then the oline, then our defensive scheme

But other than that i am positive as a peach
Add in poor fundamental tackling and that's pretty much where I am these days.

Historian
10-29-2008, 07:51 AM
...and the fish still suck!

Patti120
10-29-2008, 08:06 AM
:movie: