• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Devin's Week 8 Rankings

This is always fun....

Week Seven is in the books, and what a week it was. If it wasn't for the Giants, I would have officially entered sports hell for this entire week, but luckily, they came through and took care of the Steelers. The Bills opened division play by going down to Miami to lay an egg and make Chad Pennington look like a Pro Bowl QB. They come home this Sunday to face another division opponent, the Jets. According to my math, the next Brett Favre interception will be his 300th career INT, so fans in Buffalo may witness quite a milestone from the gunslinger. As for the rankings, I'm going to make them short and sweet this week, so that I can focus all my time on answering my hate messages once they are published.

1. Tennessee Titans (1) – The Titans took care of business on MNF in typical Titans fashion. The combination of Chris Johnson and LenDale White is going to be a tough one for defenses to stop.

2. New York Giants (5) – The Giants got a huge road win against the Steelers. They should be able to continue their winning ways by rolling over Dallas this weekend.

3. Washington Redskins (6) – It wasn’t necessarily pretty, but Washington got the win against Detroit to keep themselves in the race for the NFC East title.

4. Pittsburgh Steelers (2) - Even though the Steelers lost, they aren’t out of it by any stretch. This weekend’s game against Washington will be another big test. If they lose that game, it will go a long way to prove how real the Steelers are. I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen a team let the franchise QB get the crap beat out of him week after week, season after season.

5. Carolina Panthers (8) – Carolina is quietly strolling along with a nice 6-2 record heading into the bye. After the bye, they should continue their winnings ways against Oakland and Detroit.

6. Buffalo Bills (3) – The Bills didn’t help themselves any by that ugly performance in Miami. These next two games are huge for Buffalo. They absolutely have to win both, or they will be in trouble.
    more....

• gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Devin's Week 8 Rankings

Comment

• Confused
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jun 2007

stupid fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• huck1974
        • Oct 2008

Those are just plain silly. The Bills should not be in the top ten.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

The Bills should be behind NE, maybe behind Dallas.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla *****
            • Jul 2002

Here's ESPN's rankings for week 9:

RK (LW) TEAM REC COMMENT
            1 (1) Titans 7-0-0 The next challenge: Preventing any sort of letdown off the Monday night high as the rested Packers come to town. (PK)
            2 (2) Giants 6-1-0 People can stop saying the Giants aren't playing anyone. Now, the G-Men can feast on Brad Johnson and the Cowboys. (MM)
            3 (7) Panthers 6-2-0 They're playing as complete a game as any team right now and threatening to run away with the NFC South. (PY)
            4 (3) Steelers 5-2-0 The NFC East gives this team fits. But the Steelers are 5-0 against everyone else. (JW)
            5 (5) Redskins 6-2-0 Struggled a bit with the Lions. Now, the Steelers will come to town for "Monday Night Football." Remember that the Skins will host all three NFC East rivals in the second half. (MM)
            6 (4) Bills 5-2-0 The Bills stumbled on the road again. They committed four turnovers in the fourth quarter, and QB Trent Edwards struggled for the first time. (TG)
            7 (9) Patriots 5-2-0 The Patriots refuse to fade despite their injuries. Matt Cassel is starting to get comfortable in the NFL (when he's not getting sacked). (TG)
            8 (15) Cowboys 5-3-0 At least for one week, the Cowboys saved their season. Now, they'll have to face the Giants with Brad Johnson at quarterback. Good luck. (MM)
            9 (6) Buccaneers 5-3-0 Loss to Dallas shows offense still doesn't have any consistency. (PY)
            10 (11) Eagles 4-3-0 Oh, what a difference the bye week made. A healthy Brian Westbrook makes this a dangerous team. (MM)
            linky

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
              My IQ Test results came back negative
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              The Bills should be behind NE, maybe behind Dallas.
              why should we be behind NE???

They ALSO lost to miami. and san diego.

We beat san deigo and lost to arizona and lost to miami.

So...you can say san diego is better then arizona..there for logic would result us being ahead of them..barely...like we are.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                • May 2005

You guys crack me up... you jump all over Devin right off the bat every week, then all the other major outlets put out their power rankings and they end up being quite similar. Then of course, nobody has much to say.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                  You guys crack me up... you jump all over Devin right off the bat every week, then all the other major outlets put out their power rankings and they end up being quite similar. Then of course, nobody has much to say.
                  It's an endless cycle, week after week.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
                    why should we be behind NE???

They ALSO lost to miami. and san diego.

We beat san deigo and lost to arizona and lost to miami.

So...you can say san diego is better then arizona..there for logic would result us being ahead of them..barely...like we are.
                    They have the same record plus a division win which puts them ahead of us in the standings.

San Diego is NOT better than Arizona.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

6 is too high for the Bills no matter who ranks them. At the very least, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Carolina, Tampa Bay, New York Giants,and New England are stronger than us. You could make very strong cases for Philly, Dallas (when healthy), Arizona, Green Bay and Washington (although I think both ESPN and Devin have the Skins ranked too high because they've been struggling with some lackluster competition).
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        6 is too high for the Bills no matter who ranks them. At the very least, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Carolina, Tampa Bay, New York Giants,and New England are stronger than us. You could make very strong cases for Philly, Dallas (when healthy), Arizona, Green Bay and Washington (although I think both ESPN and Devin have the Skins ranked too high because they've been struggling with some lackluster competition).
                        Yes, I understand, your opinion is more right than everybody else's. It only took me 3 years of you telling us all non stop, but I finally believe it now!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Yes, I understand, your opinion is more right than everybody else's. It only took me 3 years of you telling us all non stop, but I finally believe it now!
                          Find a flaw in the argument and debate it if you don't like it. You just called out people for bashing the power rankings with no merit and now you do the same thing almost but to Op? Pot and Kettle?
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• RockStar36
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Find a flaw in the argument and debate it if you don't like it. You just called out people for bashing the power rankings with no merit and now you do the same thing almost but to Op? Pot and Kettle?
                            I believe what he was pointing out is that people slam me for my rankings and then later in the afternoon once SI, ESPN, CBS, FOX, and any others release their rankings, those same people seem to dissapear because my rankings are quite similar.

D & S Sports

Comment

• RockStar36
                              • Sep 2004

I'd also like to note, just because NE has a better division record and the same record overall, that doesn't mean they should be above Buffalo in the rankings. I still think if they lined up tomorrow afternoon the Bills would beat them straight up. I guess we'll find out for sure soon enough....

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X