X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Trent Edwards Lost Miami Game

Just watched the tape. I really felt that the tide turned on his reaching out fumble.

They were on about Miami 30 yard line, already in field goal range, trailing by 4. They were marching. There were a lot of time left. They can run and they can pass (unlike the later stage of passing only).

The really bad thing is, he had it, as Jauron alluded to in his presser.

To the least, they would get 3 points trailing by 1. And it's everyone's game. The Bills defense was stopping them to a certain degree, at least not giving up 6s at that time.

To me, Edwards inexperience cost us the game, not the safety.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Trent Edwards Lost Miami Game

i think we could all see that turnovers were the major difference.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

it was stupid of Trent to hang the ball out to try like that.

At the same time, maybe he wouldn't feel the need to do it if our OL could get more push. I think both are at fault.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

He needs to adopt the "**** or get off the pot" method more often. If the play isn't there after 4.5 seconds it's time to take off or get rid of the ball.

Comment

• Buffatexas
          • Aug 2002

was his forward progress not stopped prior to the strip?...I didnt tivo the game to go back and look

Comment

• buffalony85
            • Nov 2007

He's the reason we were as close as we were, he was constantly pressured, and stood in the pocket to make plays.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

yeah.. i hate to **** on edwards after i just proclaimed my man crush for him after last weeks stellar performance, but he cost us huge.. i was so sure going into the 4th that we were going to win this game.. for the first time in so long, i was sure we were going to win.. but that turnover was awful.. and i was in espn sportzone in orlando (disneyworld) and it was so painful being surrounded by annoying ass cubans screaming... oh god.. im going to have a nightmare now.

edwards ****ed us and peters ****ed us.. those two really screwed the pooch in this game. we never should have lost it.. and mcgee should have never been on the field.. he let ginn double his season yardage.. seriously.. what the ****.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

He blew it, no arguing that

Considering it was his first bad game in seven, in his second year, the future is still bright
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

it solely falls on TE. That play was utter stupidity. It was third down for christ sakes. This is what I expect to see when you talk about growing pains with a young QB though. Hope he doesn't do this one again and I agree, without this fumble the outcome is likely different.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

total team loss. Edwards had a bad game but the d was also just as bad. Both units are supposed to bail each other out. Neither unit helped out the other. Sad to say, our ST isn't special this year either.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Edwards admitted his mistakes, said he he learned from them and vowed not to repeat them.

We don't have a vet at QB, he's going to make more mistakes as time goes on. It's how he responds to those mistakes that is going to make or break him.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        total team loss. Edwards had a bad game but the d was also just as bad. Both units are supposed to bail each other out. Neither unit helped out the other. Sad to say, our ST isn't special this year either.
                        everything is team oriented. That doesn't change the fact that TE alone could have/did change the outcome.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                          To me, Edwards inexperience cost us the game, not the safety.
                          I agrre that the reach out was boneheaded and Trent you can only do that at the goal line.

However, if the Bills are so bad that they can only win with Edwards playing well than we really don't belong in the playoff mix.

If everyone feels like using Edwards as the scapegoat so be it. The game was winnable even with Edwards making mistakes.

Even after that turnover I still felt like we could win but our D was god awful and when we needed to sustain a drive our OL couldn't block.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Edwards made his share of mistakes.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                              Edwards made his share of mistakes.
                              I've seen QBs lose games. The team is playing well and the QB throws 3 picks for scores the other way.

This didn't happen on Sunday.

The reach was stupid and all on him. He did hang onto the ball too long and I don't know if that was with Reed being out, etc. The pick was when he got hit and the safety was on Dockery completely.

The team around him played like crap as well. McGee sucked. Dockery had his worst game as a Bill. Royal should have been cut. Mitchell looked worse than Ellison.

When you have players like McGee, Dockery, Royal, and Mitchell play worse it's hard to just blame it all on Edwards.

Comment

Working...
                              X