PDA

View Full Version : This is probably a dumb question...

ELAYAS
10-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Why can't Roscoe return kicks too? (at least while McGee wasn't 100%)

KR and PR are that different?

Honestly, I don't know the concepts of each... (actually, I admit I know very little about the basics of the sport, but that's what happen when you grow up in a "monosportive"country... at least I know some stuff about "soccer")

sqad5
10-28-2008, 07:56 PM
actually i was wondering that myself

billsfanone
10-28-2008, 07:56 PM
I don't see why not. I really don't think Leodis has it. You can tell right away the guys who do (mcgee, roscoe, hester, etc) and those who don't.

Pinkerton Security
10-28-2008, 08:06 PM
its a decent question - ive thought about it myself before.

my original idea was that kick returners are more of the straight-ahead guys, while punt returners are more of the shifty guys.

I cant imagine Roscoe would be bad, but i also feel that hes kinda small and kick returners might take more abuse?? idk this is my gut feelings about it but i really probably have no idea what im talking about.

THATHURMANATOR
10-28-2008, 09:52 PM
He is too small he would get KILLED

THATHURMANATOR
10-28-2008, 09:53 PM
I think we are jumping the gun on Mckelvin. He had some nice returns in the preseason.

buffalony85
10-28-2008, 10:29 PM
His only kickoff return was a 50 yarder so i guess he can do it.

Ingtar33
10-29-2008, 03:44 AM

Honestly, I don't know the concepts of each... (actually, I admit I know very little about the basics of the sport, but that's what happen when you grow up in a "monosportive"country... at least I know some stuff about "soccer")

Rosco doesn't follow blockers well,

on kickoffs, you really are limited to 1 move and GO! dancing around gets you killed.

that doesn't mean he wouldn't have a few good returns... it just means he'd have a lot more 15 yard returns

mybills
10-29-2008, 07:12 AM
I don't know Ing..he'd be flying by the time he reached that 15 yard mark. The kid is fast! :D

SABURZFAN
10-29-2008, 08:57 AM

those were good questions. i'm guessing that you are not exposed to NFL football like a lot of us. i can tell that you're smarter than some people in here who are.

ParanoidAndroid
10-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Kickoffs are more wide open and opponents are coming in at higher speeds. Parrish is a small guy who might not be able to take too many of those kinds of hits. McKelvin has looked a little apprehensive at times when he tries to run through an opening. It almost looks half-hearted as if he is afraid to get hit. He seriously needs to get smacked once, get right up and gain confidence.

Mitchell55
10-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Kickoffs are more wide open and opponents are coming in at higher speeds. Parrish is a small guy who might not be able to take too many of those kinds of hits. McKelvin has looked a little apprehensive at times when he tries to run through an opening. It almost looks half-hearted as if he is afraid to get hit. He seriously needs to get smacked once, get right up and gain confidence.

Hes defintley not afraid to get hit and thats his problem. He seems to like it, how many times has he ran into a player instead of going around them.

ParanoidAndroid
10-29-2008, 01:32 PM
hmmm...yes he runs into traffic sometimes, but it seems to be behind his blockers. When there's a hole, he doesn't seem to be full speed.
I guess I'm seeing it differently.

bigbub2352
10-29-2008, 01:50 PM
i have been saying this since we drafted him, Roscoe can return kicks and knows how to follow his blocks he has to do it on PR,

I have no idea it is not his size or speed and if he is tuff enough to play WR he can defintly return kicks
probably forcing Bust McKelvin cause of how much he is making

hydro
10-29-2008, 01:53 PM
i have been saying this since we drafted him, Roscoe can return kicks and knows how to follow his blocks he has to do it on PR,

I have no idea it is not his size or speed and if he is tuff enough to play WR he can defintly return kicks
probably forcing Bust McKelvin cause of how much he is making

:rofl: He is already a bust. Calm it down a little their bigbub...

THATHURMANATOR
10-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Didn't Mckelvin return a kickoff for a TD in Preaseason?

billsfanone
10-29-2008, 02:41 PM
He is too small he would get KILLED

He's not that much smaller than Donte Hall.

bigbub2352
10-29-2008, 02:51 PM
:rofl: He is already a bust. Calm it down a little their bigbub...

Just my prediction, been sayin it since the day we drafted him

again i hope i am wrong but he keeps looking so good out there

bigbub2352
10-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Didn't Mckelvin return a kickoff for a TD in Preaseason?

Yep he had 1 nice return for like half the feild and 1 returned for a touchdown
the bad thing is those were against the players being cut by other teams

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2008, 01:28 PM
McKelvin is #9 in the league for kickoff return average for players with 10 or more returns.