X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELAYAS
    • Sep 2008

This is probably a dumb question...

Why can't Roscoe return kicks too? (at least while McGee wasn't 100%)

KR and PR are that different?

Honestly, I don't know the concepts of each... (actually, I admit I know very little about the basics of the sport, but that's what happen when you grow up in a "monosportive"country... at least I know some stuff about "soccer")

• sqad5
    • Dec 2004

Re: This is probably a dumb question...

actually i was wondering that myself
    >

Comment

• billsfanone
      Majored in Home Economics
      • Sep 2008

I don't see why not. I really don't think Leodis has it. You can tell right away the guys who do (mcgee, roscoe, hester, etc) and those who don't.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

its a decent question - ive thought about it myself before.

my original idea was that kick returners are more of the straight-ahead guys, while punt returners are more of the shifty guys.

I cant imagine Roscoe would be bad, but i also feel that hes kinda small and kick returners might take more abuse?? idk this is my gut feelings about it but i really probably have no idea what im talking about.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

He is too small he would get KILLED

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

I think we are jumping the gun on Mckelvin. He had some nice returns in the preseason.

Comment

• buffalony85
              • Nov 2007

His only kickoff return was a 50 yarder so i guess he can do it.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ELAYAS

Honestly, I don't know the concepts of each... (actually, I admit I know very little about the basics of the sport, but that's what happen when you grow up in a "monosportive"country... at least I know some stuff about "soccer")

Rosco doesn't follow blockers well,

on kickoffs, you really are limited to 1 move and GO! dancing around gets you killed.

that doesn't mean he wouldn't have a few good returns... it just means he'd have a lot more 15 yard returns
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

I don't know Ing..he'd be flying by the time he reached that 15 yard mark. The kid is fast!
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ELAYAS

those were good questions. i'm guessing that you are not exposed to NFL football like a lot of us. i can tell that you're smarter than some people in here who are.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

Kickoffs are more wide open and opponents are coming in at higher speeds. Parrish is a small guy who might not be able to take too many of those kinds of hits. McKelvin has looked a little apprehensive at times when he tries to run through an opening. It almost looks half-hearted as if he is afraid to get hit. He seriously needs to get smacked once, get right up and gain confidence.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                        only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by andyxc71
                        Kickoffs are more wide open and opponents are coming in at higher speeds. Parrish is a small guy who might not be able to take too many of those kinds of hits. McKelvin has looked a little apprehensive at times when he tries to run through an opening. It almost looks half-hearted as if he is afraid to get hit. He seriously needs to get smacked once, get right up and gain confidence.

Hes defintley not afraid to get hit and thats his problem. He seems to like it, how many times has he ran into a player instead of going around them.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

hmmm...yes he runs into traffic sometimes, but it seems to be behind his blockers. When there's a hole, he doesn't seem to be full speed.
                          I guess I'm seeing it differently.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

i have been saying this since we drafted him, Roscoe can return kicks and knows how to follow his blocks he has to do it on PR,

I have no idea it is not his size or speed and if he is tuff enough to play WR he can defintly return kicks
                            probably forcing Bust McKelvin cause of how much he is making
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• hydro
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                              i have been saying this since we drafted him, Roscoe can return kicks and knows how to follow his blocks he has to do it on PR,

I have no idea it is not his size or speed and if he is tuff enough to play WR he can defintly return kicks
                              probably forcing Bust McKelvin cause of how much he is making
                              He is already a bust. Calm it down a little their bigbub...
                              BERNIAC!

Comment

Working...
                              X