Of course a Bills item is in there:

http://www.salsports.com/week8WhatWeLearned.htm

Oaf
10-29-2008, 12:35 AM
You said With-With on the Winslow statement. :up:

shelby
10-29-2008, 04:27 AM
Re: Trent...

Was simply off-target on several passes he usually puts in the perfect spot, allowing Miami defensive backs to make plays on the ball.
Edwards wasn't always helped by his receivers as they dropped a few passes, but his 60% completion-percentage (tied for his worst of 2008) and his two turnovers (1 fumble; 1 INT) were mostly due to his own decision-making and play.

This is true, but i appreciate the fact that you point out this is his second year. i think some of us are expecting Edwards to play like a 5 year vet week in and week out.

Coach Sal
10-29-2008, 06:46 AM
You said With-With on the Winslow statement. :up:

Thanks. I type too fast sometimes.

I'll edit.

DraftBoy
10-29-2008, 06:59 AM
Good Article Sal. Something else I think many of us saw (again) was just how important Brian Westbrook is to the Eagles offense. There is no question in my mind that without McNabb, the Eagles could be successful but without Westbrook they struggle mightily.

Pinkerton Security
10-29-2008, 08:20 AM
I bet your "Dont Be Surprised If..." is "dont be surprised if Edwards is pissed from having a bad week and he works so hard this week that against the Jets he comes out and completes every single pass he makes and throws for 400 yards and the Bills win 42-7."

madness
10-29-2008, 08:27 AM
Re: Trent...

Was simply off-target on several passes he usually puts in the perfect spot, allowing Miami defensive backs to make plays on the ball.
Edwards wasn't always helped by his receivers as they dropped a few passes, but his 60% completion-percentage (tied for his worst of 2008) and his two turnovers (1 fumble; 1 INT) were mostly due to his own decision-making and play. [quote]

This is true, but i appreciate the fact that you point out this is his second year. i think some of us are expecting Edwards to play like a 5 year vet week in and week out.

That seems to be the par around here. :up:

I'll even go as far as saying that Trent and this team needs losses like this to bounce back from in the grand scheme of things. This is a very young team and losses like this build character when a team responds correctly.

Coach Sal
10-29-2008, 09:45 AM
I bet your "Dont Be Surprised If..." is "dont be surprised if Edwards is pissed from having a bad week and he works so hard this week that against the Jets he comes out and completes every single pass he makes and throws for 400 yards and the Bills win 42-7."

Kind of.

Here's a hint: Look at his completion % in home games, and look at where the Jets rank on pass defense.

:D

bigbub2352
10-29-2008, 10:11 AM
I dont think Trent held the ball to long on the safty Jason Peters got beat plain and simple

Forward_Lateral
10-29-2008, 01:01 PM
I dont think Trent held the ball to long on the safty Jason Peters got beat plain and simple

I disagree. Peters did get beat, but Trent needs to know that in the enndzone, he has to get that ball out quicker than normal. I'm one of the biggest Trent supporters there is, but that was his fault, as was the stupidity of holding the ball out on a sneak.

Billzz
10-29-2008, 09:24 PM
I disagree. Peters did get beat, but Trent needs to know that in the enndzone, he has to get that ball out quicker than normal. I'm one of the biggest Trent supporters there is, but that was his fault, as was the stupidity of holding the ball out on a sneak.

A mistake he has never made before this and one I doubt he ever will again. That apply's to sticking the ball out on a QB sneak with guys that bench 500lbs waiting to snatch it.

Growing pains come with the territory and quite honestly he makes very few. There has been some great QB's in the past that struggled, but then it appeared to "click" year 3 or 4. Some great QB's peak fast then never achieve hall of fame status because of erratic play or just crappy situations. We'll never know what exactly we have but one thing is for sure with me, glad he is on our team.