62. Miami-LB Anthony Heygood-Purdue
63. New York Giants-FS Derek Pegeus-Mississippi State
64. Tenneseee-WR Demtrius Byrd-LSU

clumping platelets
10-29-2008, 07:55 AM
I could live with that

DraftBoy
10-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Only issue I have is that Chung needs some work in coverage but he has tons of skill and speed.

SABURZFAN
10-29-2008, 08:46 AM
i don't know about Jenkins being #2 overall. then again, i'd be trying to trade down if i were Detroit. the next guy running that club needs to gather a few draft picks.

bigbub2352
10-29-2008, 08:58 AM
I dont think we take a SS that early with our glaring need for a TE

DraftBoy
10-29-2008, 09:01 AM
No TE is worth that spot and going SS makes Whitner's move to FS permanent.

mysticsoto
10-29-2008, 09:05 AM
We need a LB much more than a SS. Scott has been adequate there and when Ko is healthy, Whitner switches back.

Ellison has only been average and we could use another playmaker, not to mention insurance since seemingly, every year, we get into LB depth trouble.

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2008, 09:08 AM
No TE is worth that spot and going SS makes Whitner's move to FS permanent.

I would rather have Whitner stay at SS and draft a natural FS with good ball skills. Chung still isn't a bad pick though.

DraftBoy
10-29-2008, 09:21 AM
I know we need an OLB but unless you guys got some names you can see the problem we face at this pick.

DraftBoy
10-29-2008, 09:21 AM
I thought about taking Pegues over Chung but I like Chung more overall.

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2008, 09:27 AM
I thought about taking Pegues over Chung but I like Chung more overall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAgUERW4VEg

LOL, holy crap! The dude layed out two Michigan OL in this video, lots of power for a little man.

psubills62
10-29-2008, 09:33 AM
I know we need an OLB but unless you guys got some names you can see the problem we face at this pick.

How about Heygood?

DraftBoy
10-29-2008, 09:50 AM
He was my #3 choice, I just like the skill level we get better out of Pegeus or Chung.

I'm hoping we could get a guy like McKenzie in Rd 3 who is a perfect C2 LB.

mysticsoto
10-29-2008, 10:34 AM

Don't worry. We won't remain that low on the draft picking order...

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing the draft play out something like this:

Rd1.) Alex Mack, C, Cal
Rd2.) Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri
Rd3.) Louis Murphy, WR, Florida

Maybe we could add a solid LB and DE through FA.

hydro
10-29-2008, 10:41 AM
How many more times does DB have to state that Alex Mack isn't first round material!!!!!!!!!!!

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2008, 10:46 AM
How many more times does DB have to state that Alex Mack isn't first round material!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I would have to say that I disagree with that sentiment, sir. :up:

hydro
10-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Well, I would have to say that I disagree with that sentiment, sir. :up:

:idunno: I guess he has the rest of the season and the combine to jump up boards. Anything can happen.

DraftBoy
10-29-2008, 10:54 AM

I could make my user name "Alex Mack is not a 1st Round Caliber OC" and it wouldnt matter any. Its a phenomenom people have with OC's recently. Horribly overrating the guys. Last year is a great example;

People wanted guys like Steve Justice in Round 2 or 3, where did he go? Round 6. Who did I say we should take? OC Fernando Velasco (UGA) and OC Jamey Richard (UB). Velasco is on the Titans PS, and Richard is the #3 OG on the team!

OC's are WAAAAAAY overhyped!!

DraftBoy
10-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing the draft play out something like this:

Rd1.) Alex Mack, C, Cal
Rd2.) Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri
Rd3.) Louis Murphy, WR, Florida

Maybe we could add a solid LB and DE through FA.

Murphy was given a Round 12 grade by National and BLESTO last year, I cant see him lasting till Round 3. Coffman may be at our 2nd pick but not in my mock, and I wouldn touch Mack before Round 1, and your draft still leaves gaping holes on D.

DraftBoy
10-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Don't worry. We won't remain that low on the draft picking order...

I agree but I dont perdict finishes, I think we'll be low teens to high 20's.

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2008, 10:59 AM
I could make my user name "Alex Mack is not a 1st Round Caliber OC" and it wouldnt matter any. Its a phenomenom people have with OC's recently. Horribly overrating the guys. Last year is a great example;

People wanted guys like Steve Justice in Round 2 or 3, where did he go? Round 6. Who did I say we should take? OC Fernando Velasco (UGA) and OC Jamey Richard (UB). Velasco is on the Titans PS, and Richard is the #3 OG on the team!

OC's are WAAAAAAY overhyped!!

Just like Nick Mangold and Ryan Kalil were overhyped, right?

DraftBoy
10-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Just like Nick Mangold and Ryan Kalil were overhyped, right?

You got two names and I can give you 50 others, do you really want to play the game of chance with this team?

Also Mangold was never overhyped nobody once doubted that he was a top OC and better than anyone else coming out in a long time. But you must recall Jeff Faine right? Or Jake Grove?

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2008, 11:08 AM
You got two names and I can give you 50 others, do you really want to play the game of chance with this team?

Also Mangold was never overhyped nobody once doubted that he was a top OC and better than anyone else coming out in a long time. But you must recall Jeff Faine right? Or Jake Grove?

Well ofcourse you can name more players that didn't pan out than actually panned out, I could do the same thing for the players you like, it just depends on how you want to spin things. Kalil was an early 2nd round pick, I think Mack is a better prospect than Kalil was coming out so I don't think that taking him in the late 1st is that farfetched at all, especially when I could make a very powerful argument that our biggest need is at center and Mack could very well be one of the BPA's at a position of need. Now don't get me wrong, I loved your selection of Hardy but let's be real here, Hardy isn't going to be around when we pick.

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 11:09 AM
first we draft a black DE in the 1st and then a half asian in the 2nd. WTH DB?

DraftBoy
10-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Well ofcourse you can name more players that didn't pan out than actually panned out, I could the same thing for the players you like, it just depends on how you want to spin things. Kalil was an early 2nd round pick, I think Mack is a better prospect than Kalil was coming out so I don't think that taking him in the late 1st is that farfetched at all, especially when I could make a very powerful argument that our biggest need is at center. Don't get me wrong, I loved your selection of Hardy but let's be real here, Hardy isn't going to be around when we pick.

Lets be further real, why would you take a prospect who has looked overmatched at times this year? Mack has looked like a shell of his former self with Cal this season and some places are already moving Luigis ahead of Mack in their rankings. What difference do you see between the top 5 or 6 OC's this year skill wise? What makes you think Mack is such an elite prospect over guys like Luigis, Caldwell, Shipley, and Wood?

DraftBoy
10-29-2008, 11:12 AM
first we draft a black DE in the 1st and then a half asian in the 2nd. WTH DB?

Ralph is mysteriously absent (locked out of the room) this year on Draft Day, so we have to go with Affirmative Action picks to make up for it.

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Lets be further real, why would you take a prospect who has looked overmatched at times this year? Mack has looked like a shell of his former self with Cal this season and some places are already moving Luigis ahead of Mack in their rankings. What difference do you see between the top 5 or 6 OC's this year skill wise? What makes you think Mack is such an elite prospect over guys like Luigis, Caldwell, Shipley, and Wood?

Mack has hardly been overpowered, just look at some of the holes Best and Vareen have had to run through. Mack has been a key player in one of the best offenses in the country for the last couple years. While it's true that Luigs is likely a 2nd round prospect himself, I still like Mack's quickness and power at the point of attack better. Luigs benefited greatly from having McFadden and Jones lineup behind him the year he won the Rimington trophy in '07, that's not to say that Luigs is a fraud but he has definitely had better RB's playing with him over Mack. Plus, I like his history with beastmode.

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Oh another thing about Mack, he is much smarter than the average center. Anybody who watches Cal knows how much they call audibles on the line. He calls all the pass protection and run blocking schemes for their OL, very smart player. It's actually remarkable that Mack has done as well as he has this year, can you even tell me who will be lining up at QB for the Golden Bears this week?

DraftBoy
10-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Longshore will be, he was renamed the starter. EDIT: Looks like they are playing the QB Carousel again instead.

You made no comparison between Mack and of the other centers skill wise. You simply say that the only reason Luigis won the Rimington in 07 was because of Jones and McFadden which is a complete joke. Oh and most of Best's top runs have been to the outside not through the middle.

Also most OC's call the blocking schemes at the line, along with the QB so that does not make Mack extraordinary though he is an extremely intelligent OC.

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Longshore will be, he was renamed the starter.

You made no comparison between Mack and of the other centers skill wise. You simply say that the only reason Luigis won the Rimington in 07 was because of Jones and McFadden which is a complete joke. Oh and most of Best's top runs have been to the outside not through the middle.

Also most OC's call the blocking schemes at the line, along with the QB so that does not make Mack extraordinary though he is an extremely intelligent OC.

You simply say that the only reason Luigis won the Rimington in 07 was because of Jones and McFadden which is a complete joke.

Where did I say that was the only reason? How are you going to lie like that? I said having McFadden and Jones in the backfield was definitely beneficial to him. Why would I say that Luigs is a 2nd round talent if he was only the product of McFadden and Jones? If you want to compare skill sets, Mack is the best center when it comes to calling protection audibles and blocking schemes at the line of scrimmage, that's the biggest reason why I like Mack over Luigs. Mack should have zero problem when it comes to learning even the most sophisticated playbook in the NFL, he is more NFL ready of the 2 and could come in and help instantly.

Oh and most of Best's top runs have been to the outside not through the middle.

Like McFaddens/Jones best runs came from running up the gut last year when Luigs won the Rimington? Puleeeeez, most RB's best runs come from bouncing it to the outside.

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 12:16 PM
I dont think we take a SS that early with our glaring need for a TE

and C and G and WLB/LB depth and the other DE slot and.....