PDA

View Full Version : Bills drop to 6 in ESPN power rankings

Bruce is Loose
10-29-2008, 08:41 AM
The Bills stumbled on the road again. They committed four turnovers in the fourth quarter, and QB Trent Edwards struggled for the first time. (TG)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

SABURZFAN
10-29-2008, 08:49 AM
i think 6 is too high.

Saratoga Slim
10-29-2008, 09:44 AM
I think 6 is more appropriate than 4 at this point. It's not necesarily too high--the teams behind us also have their issues. I think somewhere in the 6-10 range is about right.

Not that these rankings mean anything, but if you told me going into the season that we'd be ranked #6 as of Week 8, I'd have been ecstatic.

don137
10-29-2008, 10:12 AM
That's probably about right. Other than Tennessee every team has had at least one bad loss. Panthers are #3 and they are 1-2 on the road with two very bad road losses...Its called parity.

FinFaninBuffalo
10-29-2008, 12:26 PM
I would rank Dallas, Philly, Ariz, and NE ahead of the Bills. BTW, that still puts them in the playoffs. Probably as the #1 wildcard team.

TB, GB, and Chicago are very close to the Bills. (all NFC teams).

NO, SD, Cleveland, Indy are plenty capable of turning things around.

IMO, the Bills are one of the most balanced teams. The problem that I see is that they are not dominant on offense or defense. If either has a bad game (against a good team), the other unit cannot make up for it. If they play their best, they can beat most any team.

At this point, for the Bills to miss the playoffs (barring a collapse by the Bills), several teams would all have to improve immediately.

AFC East - NE or Buffalo
AFC North - Pitt
AFC South - Tenn
AFC West - Den or SD

The loser of the West is not likely to make the playoffs. That means two of these teams would have to pass the Bills - SD, Bal, Cle, Indy, Jac, Hou, NYJ, Mia. Only the Jets and Bal are within one game. Jac and SD have lost to the Bills.

ParanoidAndroid
10-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Stop the run and don't commit turnovers = more wins against weak teams

What happened to this O-line? All of a sudden, Butler looks like an important piece to the puzzle. Peters is not doing his job to keep Edwards comfortable in the pocket.

A week after a virtually mistake-free game against a better team, the Bills dropped a turd in Miami.
People said our win over SD made our ranking legit. One of the other reasons for our high ranking was that we beat teams we are supposed to beat. So, does this loss bring us down equally?

The floor under our #6 ranking is pretty creaky.

shelby
10-29-2008, 01:00 PM
i've seen other rankings that have them 8th.

Mitchell55
10-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Great ranking.

billogic99
10-29-2008, 08:02 PM
The Bills stumbled on the road again. They committed four turnovers in the fourth quarter, and QB Trent Edwards struggled for the first time. (TG)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

I think that's an incorrect statement, Trent has quite a few games this year where he's struggled. He may have pulled it together in the 4th, but there have been plenty of times this season Trent Has struggled. However in Trents defense, this is very early into a very young career.

Mad Bomber
10-29-2008, 09:02 PM
6 is generous for this team. Top 10 maybe....

I have thought this even when we were undefeated.

Typ0
10-29-2008, 09:25 PM
I think we're tied for second with the Giants. We need to grow up a bit to stay there.

DrGraves
10-29-2008, 09:43 PM
we are playing like a bottom 15 team.