PDA

View Full Version : Zone Exclusive: Kevin Shenoy

northernbillfan
10-29-2008, 08:51 AM
This week's installment of One Fan's View is ready for your perusal. Enjoy.

First things first, I sat at the bar with my cousin Neil and two new Bills fans that I met that day, both named Andrew. We were chit-chatting before kickoff, and I had my back to the TV. The National Anthem from the San Diego/New Orleans game was playing. I thought, “that sounds like a nice version of the anthem. She sounds lovely.” I often use lovely if I am talking to someone British or watching something British. In all other cases I default to “awesome”. Anyways, I turned around and was shocked to see it was a guy singing. Ne-Yo. Then out comes Joss Stone for “God Save the Queen” and sure enough she sounds like a man. That alone clued me into the fact that this Sunday was going to be a wacky day.

I am still trying to figure out what annoyed me more. Was it that Rich Gannon was campaigning as Chad Pennington’s running mate or that the Bills had a complete position by position breakdown in every aspect of the game?

I think it’s the Gannon situation to be honest. We had to have known that at some point the Bills 4th quarter heroics would run out. We had to know that Trent was going to have a bad game. We knew that Dick Jauron’s tendency to over challenge miniscule data and go ultra conservative would hurt us. We knew that the special teams wouldn’t rock it forever.

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2008/10/29/one_fans_view_if_edwards_pennington_than_foxworthy_einstein.php)

shelby
10-29-2008, 01:16 PM
* Congrats to Me Again Shelly’s brother, Ben, recently had his son, Patrick. Ben asked us to be God Parents. This is something that has never happened to me, so I am greatly honored. I’m pretty sure Ben is ok with my pro-Bills, pro-Sabres agenda that I will be running for Patrick. But this raised the discussion about having kids ourselves. Shell and I are not really big on crying, pooping, or crying because of pooping, yet there is some sort of biological thing going on that is playing with the rational side of our brains. That being said, one thing that makes me want to have a kid is that it would be awesome to have a child when the teams were good. “you’re basing you’re desire on having a child on the Bills/Sabres success? Are you crazy?” If you aren’t suppose to plan a child based on your financial status, then what’s the harm in planning based on the sports world? My point being that for a while now, I wanted to be able to dress my infant/toddler up as the Vince Lombardi trophy/Stanely cup so if the team won, I could hoist him/her up over my head in the joy of victory and the joy of being a dad. It’s a two birds/one stone kinda thing. If my kid asked me later in life, “Dad, why did you want to have me when you did?” I’d say, “Look Trent. You best ask your sister Kelly on this.”

:rofl: Classic!

And congratulations on your trip, and being a godparent!

Well written article, as always.