PDA

View Full Version : McGee vs. Ginn

ParanoidAndroid
10-29-2008, 01:29 PM
If McGee was ready, why was he playing 10 yards off this guy when speed is his only real asset? Why wasn't Ginn getting jammed at the line? That is one on-field adjustment that should have been made.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I haven't seen it and this really bugs the crap out of me.

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 01:34 PM
it looked like McGee was scared of contact because ofhis injury.

Tatonka
10-29-2008, 01:35 PM
i agree.. mcgee didnt want to bump him.. which let ginn use really his only asset. pure speed.

Mudflap1
10-29-2008, 01:35 PM
The same thing happened with the Arizona game.

Jon

RockStar36
10-29-2008, 01:39 PM
McGee was completely embarrassed on Sunday.

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 01:40 PM
If McGee was ready, why was he playing 10 yards off this guy when speed is his only real asset? Why wasn't Ginn getting jammed at the line? That is one on-field adjustment that should have been made.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I haven't seen it and this really bugs the crap out of me.

Well, you just hit the tip of the iceberg.

First, Fewell has a tendency to the scheme no matter what. And the scheme is a zone coverage with the DB's giving the WR space. So that's a contributing factor to why the adjustment wasn't made.

Second, McGee's not the best one-on-one cover guy to begin with, and the injury just made it worse. When you play bump and run, it means you're matched up in man coverage more.

Third, we had no pass rush. When a DB plays bump and run, it takes away the short routes, but even an NFL-caliber DB can only cover an NFL quality receiver for so long. If the pass rush is working, taking away the short stuff is great. But it's easier for the WR's to get open deep in bump and run. When the pass rush isn't working, that can be dangerous. So, in typical conservative Jauron fashion, the CB's were playing off to take away the deep routes at the expense of giving up the underneath stuff.

Fourth, the coaching staff clearly feels McKelvin wasn't ready, because in nickel situations and when McGee took a rest, they used an extra safety instead of an extra DB (usually Simpson).

Oaf
10-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Why didn't Greer just play him?

OpIv37
10-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Why didn't Greer just play him?

He was too busy covering Miami's other deep threats- you know, somebody Camarillo and that other what's his name guy....

NJFINSFAN1
10-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Ginn has had problems getting off the line and into routes all year. The soft coverage was great for him.

Don't know why they did it, Pennington is a timing guy, and when Ginn is bumped, Pennington does not even look his way because he know's he won't get into his route.

zone
10-29-2008, 02:21 PM
McGee said in an interview that he felt like he was a step behind. He said if he was covering his mother he would have felt like he was a step behind. So he said; he played that far off so that he kept everything in front of him, so he would have a chance to make a play.

mchurchfie
10-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Why is this coaching staff so slow to make adjustments. It seems that when an offense has caught on to something with our defense Fewell just keep running the same plays and sits there and gets his ass handed to him. That is very discouraging. I know you have to be patient with certain things but Jauron and his staff take it to a whole new hurtful level. It bothers me that Jauron doesn't change things either. He was supposed to be a defensive guru at one time.

yordad
10-29-2008, 02:34 PM
The same thing happened with the Arizona game.

JonHe played way off. All the way to Buffalo considering he didn't make the trip.

justasportsfan
10-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Dick is the guru of conservatism

EDS
10-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Dick is the guru of conservatism

Classic neo-conservatism or McCain/Palin conservatism?