PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV folks can watch the game tonight

BlackMetalNinja
10-30-2008, 06:32 AM
Bonus free night of NHL Center Ice, tonight only! I just got an email from DirecTV including this in it this morning.

OpIv37
10-30-2008, 09:24 AM
woo-hoo! Thanks for the update

BlackMetalNinja
10-30-2008, 09:25 AM
woo-hoo! Thanks for the updateNo problem, also, I know you listen to the games online usually, but I don't know how you go about that. I checked out NHL.com's GameCenter last weekend and it's pretty nice. Radio feeds for both teams, live stat tracking, etc. Might be better than whatever you've got going on now.

OpIv37
10-30-2008, 09:51 AM
No problem, also, I know you listen to the games online usually, but I don't know how you go about that. I checked out NHL.com's GameCenter last weekend and it's pretty nice. Radio feeds for both teams, live stat tracking, etc. Might be better than whatever you've got going on now.

If I'm in my car, I listen on XM. The only drawback is that they only have the home team broadcast, so if it's an away game I can't hear RJ. It's better than nothing though and the display shows the score in real time.

If I'm at home, you can go to the NHL.com Gamecenter and choose the home or away broadcast. But there's actually an easier way to get to the same place. If you just go to sabres.com, there's a Listen Live link on the home page that goes directly to the Sabres game broadcast. So that's the fastest way to get there if you ever need to use it.

BlackMetalNinja
10-30-2008, 09:53 AM
If I'm in my car, I listen on XM. The only drawback is that they only have the home team broadcast, so if it's an away game I can't hear RJ. It's better than nothing though and the display shows the score in real time.

If I'm at home, you can go to the NHL.com Gamecenter and choose the home or away broadcast. But there's actually an easier way to get to the same place. If you just go to sabres.com, there's a Listen Live link on the home page that goes directly to the Sabres game broadcast. So that's the fastest way to get there if you ever need to use it.Excellent, I'm sure I'll be using it throughout the season as I'm virtually never in my car during games.

Myers57
10-30-2008, 11:47 AM
I signed up for DirecTV and am having it installed November 16. Are local Directv customers able to get every Sabres game on MSG? Also do the home games come in HD like Time Warner?

OpIv37
10-30-2008, 11:49 AM
I signed up for DirecTV and am having it installed November 16. Are local Directv customers able to get every Sabres game on MSG? Also do the home games come in HD like Time Warner?

I don't live in the local market so I can't say 100%, but if you pay for local channels you should get MSG and MSG-HD as part of the local package.

I get the DC Comcast SportsNet and CSN-HD as part of my locals.

RockStar36
10-30-2008, 11:55 AM

I don't know about HD but you should get MSG. I know when I was looking into the dish companies when I moved this summer I researched DirecTV and I was in the Sabres local market so I can only assume you would be as well.

BlackMetalNinja
10-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Yes, you'll get MSG and in HD if you're in the Sabres market.

Myers57
10-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Great thanks!

Dr. Lecter
10-30-2008, 02:48 PM
But they do not broadcast all road games in HD unless I am mistaken.

I have to upgrade this weekend unless I forget again.

SkateZilla
10-30-2008, 02:56 PM
AFAIK, the Center Ice Being unlocked is controlled by sports in demand and not DirecTV, so all coable companies and Dish should have it open tonite.

may also be linked to the NBA League Pass free Preview...

Myers57
10-30-2008, 03:13 PM
where the fudge have you been zilla?

MSG does not yet broadcast Sabres away games in HD in general. Tonight I can't work at the Lightning game because I have class from 6-715, so after class will be my first chance to see a Sabres home game in HD!

BlackMetalNinja
10-30-2008, 05:27 PM
The Buffalo feed is supposed to be on 721-1, though the Center Ice channels aren't showing up in my guide for some reason.

OpIv37
10-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Bonus free night of NHL Center Ice, tonight only! I just got an email from DirecTV including this in it this morning.

why must you turn this forum into a HOUSE OF LIES?!?!

My center ice channels aren't coming in either (btw 721 isn't a Center Ice channel for DTV- they start in the 770s or so) .

OpIv37
10-30-2008, 06:05 PM
my bad BMN- the channels kicked in right at 7. GO SABRES!!!

BlackMetalNinja
10-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I meant 771-1, must have mistyped on my phone...