• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Patrick Kaleta Buffalo's waterboy

Buffalo's Patrick Kaleta is quickly making a name for himself as one of the league's top agitators.

I found this stat to be interesting...

"In his career going back to junior, in 1/3 of his fights the opponent got an extra penalty for instigating. 11% of the time Kaleta didnt even get a fighting major"
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: Patrick Kaleta Buffalo's waterboy

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Based on BMN's response I've chosen not to view this.

D & S Sports

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
        • May 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
        Based on BMN's response I've chosen not to view this.
        My response was to the thread itself, I didn't bother with the link.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

Well either way, I'm taking your advice.

D & S Sports

Comment

• SabreEleven
            • Aug 2002

LW has a boy-crush on Kaleta.

Comment

• SkateZilla
              • Dec 2002

3-5 Min PP > Potential Lost Fight............................ in most cases
              Skate Zilla
              -----------------------
              Skate Zilla HD Studios:
              SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                Closet Bills Fan
                • Nov 2004

he's turtling..... its smart for purposes of getting a PP, but it makes him look like a coward when he ducks and runs

j-e-t-s
                jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  Buffalo's Patrick Kaleta is quickly making a name for himself as one of the league's top agitators.

I found this stat to be interesting...

"In his career going back to junior, in 1/3 of his fights the opponent got an extra penalty for instigating. 11% of the time Kaleta didnt even get a fighting major"
                  You can't be that stupid to not realize it's because he rolls up in a ball and doesn't fight...you do understand that...right? I'm glad a Buffalo boy made it, but he's a mediocre hockey player...at best. He's not long for this league...IMO.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                    Closet Bills Fan
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    You can't be that stupid to not realize it's because he rolls up in a ball and doesn't fight...you do understand that...right? I'm glad a Buffalo boy made it, but he's a mediocre hockey player...at best. He's not long for this league...IMO.
                    back when he was in rochester when they were the ahl affiliate he could barely even deal wtih the skaters and shooting there...... it amazes me how all of the sudden he's in the big show......

he still needs time

j-e-t-s
                    jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• BSU Drew
                      • Feb 2007

How can you guys possibly not like this guy... He is what Buffalo has needed for a long time. Somebody who isnt scared to throw his weight around and draw penalties.. So what if he turtles? It gives us a powerplay every single time he does it. Hockey is also a head game guys.. If you can get under your opponents skin it usually is a good thing.. Im willing to bet not one of you would take the punishment he does just to get a powerplay for the team..

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BSU Drew
                        How can you guys possibly not like this guy... He is what Buffalo has needed for a long time. Somebody who isnt scared to throw his weight around and draw penalties.. So what if he turtles? It gives us a powerplay every single time he does it. Hockey is also a head game guys.. If you can get under your opponents skin it usually is a good thing.. Im willing to bet not one of you would take the punishment he does just to get a powerplay for the team..
                        what beating? He dishes out a hit, then when the other guy tries to fight, he covers his head and gets punched by a guy on skates while he's wearing a helmet and pads. That's not much of a beating.

Yeah, it's great that he instigates and draws penalties. It would be nice if he'd play hockey too. How many times this season has he let a loose puck go to hit a guy, only to miss and hit glass?
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BSU Drew
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          what beating? He dishes out a hit, then when the other guy tries to fight, he covers his head and gets punched by a guy on skates while he's wearing a helmet and pads. That's not much of a beating.

Yeah, it's great that he instigates and draws penalties. It would be nice if he'd play hockey too. How many times this season has he let a loose puck go to hit a guy, only to miss and hit glass?
                          You have to be kidding me right! HONESTLY have you ever played hockey!? You can seriously tell me that he hasnt taken some punches in the face while he's drawing penalties? Its not much of a beating because he wears pads?? I would bet everything i have that you havent played competitive hockey because anyone that has knows he takes a lot of punishment for this team. And just an FYI when he jacks people up he takes some bruises home too. Darcy Tucker did the same ***** to us for years and people in Toronto loved him.. Please dont tell me that Toronto fans know hockey better than Buffalo fans.. You guys need to research the game a little bit.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

I agree with you on the beating part - being popped in the face still has to hurt.

But his ability to skate past a loose puck in the offensive zone to deliver a hit or missed hit is maddening and he does it way too often.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BSU Drew
                              You have to be kidding me right! HONESTLY have you ever played hockey!? You can seriously tell me that he hasnt taken some punches in the face while he's drawing penalties? Its not much of a beating because he wears pads?? I would bet everything i have that you havent played competitive hockey because anyone that has knows he takes a lot of punishment for this team. And just an FYI when he jacks people up he takes some bruises home too. Darcy Tucker did the same ***** to us for years and people in Toronto loved him.. Please dont tell me that Toronto fans know hockey better than Buffalo fans.. You guys need to research the game a little bit.
                              I actually played roller hockey, and we wore LESS pads than ice hockey players. When you punch, most of the power comes from the hips and body and you have to set your feet right to be able to do that. An arm punch from someone on skates with gloves on really doesn't hurt too bad, and Kaleta's a professional tough guy. If he does get hit in the face, it's his own fault for not getting his arms up fast enough. There's no penalty for protecting your face.

I know, you're going to say that the other guy sometimes drops his gloves, but a) he's still punching on skates and it's impossible to set your feet to punch properly on skates and b) if he drops his gloves, that gives Kaleta more than enough time to get his hands up to protect himself.

You're excusing Kaleta for ignoring the puck in order to attempt to instigate a penalty, then you're telling OTHER people to research hockey? Give me a ****ing break.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X