PDA

View Full Version : Ummmm..... WTF?

hydro
10-30-2008, 07:25 PM
This team is slumping... HOLY ****!

Nighthawk
10-30-2008, 07:28 PM
This team is slumping... HOLY ****!

Are they slumping or is this really who they are? They look an awful lot like last year's team. Besides Rivet, this team is the exact same guys as the team who sucked balls last year. Also, Miller looks terrible tonight...not good.

pjw
10-30-2008, 07:31 PM
they play well enough for me to spend the money on the CI package then, they fall to ****.

Nighthawk
10-30-2008, 07:33 PM
I love how they let one of the lowest scoring teams in the league score at will. Ahh, the joys of being a Buffalo sports fan.

hydro
10-30-2008, 07:35 PM
I love how they let one of the lowest scoring teams in the league score at will. Ahh, the joys of being a Buffalo sports fan.
They were going to break out of it at some point. A team with the talent they have should be able to score.

I don't think the first 6 games were a fluke and/or lucky breaks. I doubt this is the real team we are seeing here.

OpIv37
10-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Are they slumping or is this really who they are? They look an awful lot like last year's team. Besides Rivet, this team is the exact same guys as the team who sucked balls last year. Also, Miller looks terrible tonight...not good.

I was just thinking the same thing. Not all those goals were Miller's fault but he should have stopped at least 2, maybe 3 of them. This looks a LOT like last year's team. No checking, stupid turnovers, Vanek fanning on the open net, creating very few offensive opportunities and scoring on even fewer.

It's a long season and we got way too excited way too early.

We better hope O*****kin's out on Saturday or else it's gonna be another ugly one.

SabreEleven
10-30-2008, 07:40 PM
They must be tired :rolleyes:

CuseJetsFan83
10-30-2008, 07:43 PM
kaleta needs to stop hitting glass and keep his head in the game

OpIv37
10-30-2008, 07:46 PM

Don't forget they were one of the worst teams on the PP and we were one of the best on the PK but we still gave up a goal (granted, Roy lost his stick, but still).

OpIv37
10-30-2008, 07:47 PM
They must be tired :rolleyes:

Yeah not playing for 3 days between 2 home games will really wear you out... :sadwalk:

Nighthawk
10-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Don't forget they were one of the worst teams on the PP and we were one of the best on the PK but we still gave up a goal (granted, Roy lost his stick, but still).

Like you've said, it's a long season and I hope I'm wrong about this being the same team as last year. However, I do believe this is the perfect time for the FO to move Max and get something in return. Eventhough I believe the guy has been garbage all year, some people believe he is playing well, so now is the time to move him...don't wait until he has no value again!

Nighthawk
10-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah not playing for 3 days between 2 home games will really wear you out... :sadwalk:

Come on, they just don't have their legs...don't you know? I can't wait to hear all of the excuses. If I hear excuses after this game, then I will be certain that it is the same team as last year because that's all they did last year was make excuses...Lindy included.

SabreEleven
10-30-2008, 08:08 PM

Actually it was 2 days between.

mchurchfie
10-31-2008, 02:16 AM
Two games lost doesn't constitute a slump by any means. Tampa was playing hard and looked better than I have seen them in awhile. No excuses for Buffalo, they need o get their asses in gear but it is waaay too early to panick. That being said, there is nothing special about this team. Other than Vanick nobody stands out in this team. We will probably make the POs but I doubt we have the talent or will to go all the way. Miller is waaay overrated. He lets too many soft ones in. This team seems too comfortable with its moderate success and maybe at some point we need to look at Lindy for allowing that to happen

BlackMetalNinja
10-31-2008, 06:39 AM
So wait... We play well in the first 8, but poorly in 2 and somehow those 2 outweigh the 8 and this is the "true" team? And you guys wonder why you get called negative to no end???

SabreEleven
10-31-2008, 06:42 AM
I'm worried that losing and playing lazy will become a habit like it did last...They are too young to snap themselves out of it.

hydro
10-31-2008, 07:07 AM
So wait... We play well in the first 8, but poorly in 2 and somehow those 2 outweigh the 8 and this is the "true" team? And you guys wonder why you get called negative to no end???

That's the Buffalo way. Turn at the first glance of times getting bad. Now everyone will take on the "I know this team isn't very good, but if they happen to do very well I will be happy to be wrong". Talk about a cop out.

BlackMetalNinja
10-31-2008, 07:17 AM
I'll stick with my 5-7 seed in the East prediction personally...

hydro
10-31-2008, 07:18 AM
I'll stick with my 5-7 seed in the East prediction personally...

But what if you are wrong? Won't that be the end of the world. You are pretty daring to go out on a limb like that!

RockStar36
10-31-2008, 07:36 AM
-Miller should've stopped a few of those but he was being hung out to dry with so many odd man rushes, breakaways, and poor play overall in their zone.

- Roy seems to be pressing and just needs to play hockey.

- Short of a cup winning goal, nothing Max will do will ever make me like that guy.

rbochan
10-31-2008, 07:43 AM

Two in a row.
With zero effort shown.
To two arguably worse teams.
On home ice.

:poop:

:oldskool:

RockStar36
10-31-2008, 07:46 AM
Two in a row.
With zero effort shown.
On home ice.

:oldskool:

I hate to put it like this because these two losses were really ugly, BUT in an 82 game season all teams will go through a slump or two.

BlackMetalNinja
10-31-2008, 08:14 AM
Two in a row.
With zero effort shown.
On home ice.

:oldskool:and I fully realize that. I still don't see how those 2 games outweigh the previous 8 already though... unless of course you're just looking for a reason to be negative :up:

OpIv37
10-31-2008, 08:20 AM
and I fully realize that. I still don't see how those 2 games outweigh the previous 8 already though... unless of course you're just looking for a reason to be negative :up:

Some of us didn't think the team was all that great coming in. The team over the first 8 didn't look like what we expected, which was good- the team over the last two looked exactly like what we expected. And it's disturbing.

The Sabres let in more goals over the last 2 games than they did in the first 8 COMBINED. And both were HOME games- one against a division rival and one against a clearly inferior team.

And let's not forget that those first 8 games weren't exactly hockey perfection. The team only scored 1 regulation goal against Montreal in the opener. Several times in those first few games, they got down by two goals.

So, there is plenty of reason to be concerned.

RockStar36
10-31-2008, 08:38 AM
Some of us didn't think the team was all that great coming in. The team over the first 8 didn't look like what we expected, which was good- the team over the last two looked exactly like what we expected. And it's disturbing.

The Sabres let in more goals over the last 2 games than they did in the first 8 COMBINED. And both were HOME games- one against a division rival and one against a clearly inferior team.

And let's not forget that those first 8 games weren't exactly hockey perfection. The team only scored 1 regulation goal against Montreal in the opener. Several times in those first few games, they got down by two goals.

So, there is plenty of reason to be concerned.

I guess it's a good thing you won't get to see many games then. I would hate to see you waste your money on such a loser team.

OpIv37
10-31-2008, 08:46 AM
I guess it's a good thing you won't get to see many games then. I would hate to see you waste your money on such a loser team.

I have no problem wasting my money on loser teams. If I did, I would have given up on the Bills when I moved here because it costs me a fortune just to watch them on TV.

RockStar36
10-31-2008, 08:50 AM
True that

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-31-2008, 09:07 AM
The Tampa Bay Lightning were desperate they only had won 2 wins before last night, besides it's only our 2nd loss. (6-2-2) it's not time to start panicking. Plus the Sabres don't play the mediocre teams the Tampa Bay's, Atlanta's, Columbus's, Minnesota seriously like they think they'll just roll over and die. They always play better against the big named teams like Montreal, NYR, Phily and Toronto.

OpIv37
10-31-2008, 09:30 AM
They always play better against the big named teams like Montreal, NYR, Phily and Toronto.

and Ottawa?

And since when is Philly a big name? They were the last team in the NHL to get a win.

RockStar36
10-31-2008, 09:40 AM
The Tampa Bay Lightning were desperate they only had won 2 wins before last night, besides it's only our 2nd loss. (6-2-2) it's not time to start panicking. Plus the Sabres don't play the mediocre teams the Tampa Bay's, Atlanta's, Columbus's, Minnesota seriously like they think they'll just roll over and die. They always play better against the big named teams like Montreal, NYR, Phily and Toronto.

What? You classify Philly and Toronto as "big names" and brush off Minnesota? Minnesota is one of the better teams this year. Of course, unless it's posted on the front page of Sabres.com I don't expect you to know that.

rbochan
10-31-2008, 10:33 AM
and I fully realize that. I still don't see how those 2 games outweigh the previous 8 already though... unless of course you're just looking for a reason to be negative :up:

Only half joking, but still severely disappointed that without Rivet and Jochen, they've turned back into last year's team - absolutely no discipline on the ice whatsoever.

RockStar36
10-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Only half joking, but still severely disappointed that without Rivet and Jochen, they've turned back into last year's team - absolutely no discipline on the ice whatsoever.

Without Jochen? Hasn't he missed the bulk of the season so far? I'd say before those last two games they were doing just fine without Jochen.

Nighthawk
10-31-2008, 12:34 PM

I agree that they have looked horrible without Rivet, which seems to be a very telling tale about this team. He is definitely a leader that was needed, but how soft is this team? They have been a shadow of themselves the last few games without Rivet in the lineup. Rivet needs to get healthy...and quick!

SABURZFAN
11-01-2008, 02:24 PM
the Sabres are going to have their moments when they look like s**t. let's hope they're done now. :beers: