PDA

View Full Version : WGR55 is now cutting off callers who disagree with anything the host says.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Tonight on the post-game show, Brian Kozial the host, cut off a caller who called in and called Miller "Mr Softee" after the caller said that "Click" WGR cut him off. Same old WGR55 if you don't agree with the host and what he says your gone.

I thought Mike Schoop was the only one that did this but I guess all of them do it.

This is why WNSA 107.7 should still be on the air and WGR should be the one off the air. WNSA would have never cut anyone off

OpIv37
10-30-2008, 09:39 PM
What do you expect? The Sabres give WGR a lot of access to their coaches and players and a lot of inside information. You think there isn't a quid pro quo occurring there? If WGR just bashes the team non-stop, I'm sure some other radio station would gladly censor it's callers for exclusive access to the Sabres.

Nighthawk
10-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Tonight on the post-game show, Brian Kozial the host, cut off a caller who called in and called Miller "Mr Softee" after the caller said that "Click" WGR cut him off. Same old WGR55 if you don't agree with the host and what he says your gone.

I thought Mike Schoop was the only one that did this but I guess all of them do it.

This is why WNSA 107.7 should still be on the air and WGR should be the one off the air. WNSA would have never cut anyone off

Umm, Schopp was a host on WNSA...just letting you know.

Typ0
10-31-2008, 12:42 PM
I think the guys on the radio properly get fed up with dorks.

hydro
10-31-2008, 01:10 PM

I agree. They need to be hung up on or made to be an idiot. Some of the callers on WGR give me douche chills. Half the people don't even know what they are talking about and they are terrible at supporting their points.

THATHURMANATOR
10-31-2008, 01:32 PM
Yep

RockStar36
10-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Lucky for them they can hang up on those dorks and not cater to their every need like some places.

Typ0
10-31-2008, 01:59 PM
thanks guys. Usually, they are more than reasonable and will outright say don't call up with this specific conversation...and then they will hang up on those people. It is their show and they take public callers. Even though they are screened I am sure a lot of them come up with a story that changes when they get on the air.

Billscusey
11-02-2008, 03:19 PM
I understand what everyone here is saying about stupid callers, but come on, Mike Schopp is a real ***** sometimes! I wonder if he's having family problems or something, because sometimes he is just downright pissy. When he is having a bad day, it is certainly noticeable, and makes the show very difficult to listen to sometimes. True, sometimes his callers are less than knowledgeable on certain topics, but HE DOES THIS FOR A LIVING!!! He BETTER know more than just about anyone else out there on Buffalo sports topics!

Come on Shopp, stop being the real douche here.

Typ0
11-02-2008, 09:26 PM
I understand what everyone here is saying about stupid callers, but come on, Mike Schopp is a real ***** sometimes! I wonder if he's having family problems or something, because sometimes he is just downright pissy. When he is having a bad day, it is certainly noticeable, and makes the show very difficult to listen to sometimes. True, sometimes his callers are less than knowledgeable on certain topics, but HE DOES THIS FOR A LIVING!!! He BETTER know more than just about anyone else out there on Buffalo sports topics!

Come on Shopp, stop being the real douche here.

I think the times that you are calling him a ***** you are responding to something built into the show.