PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical situation. Would you want Mike Singletary here as a head coach?

blackonyx89
10-31-2008, 11:40 AM
I'll just sit back and see what you think. We need a hard nose guy who wants the best out of his team.

Pinkerton Security
10-31-2008, 11:54 AM
we dont need anything right now, whether we like it or not Jauron's gonna be here for a couple more years regardless.

DraftBoy
10-31-2008, 11:58 AM
Yes but I dont mind Jauron either, I just like Singletary's attitude.

DBrown77
10-31-2008, 11:58 AM
I dont think so. hard nosed or not we dont need public displays like what happened between him and Davis on the sidelines

blackonyx89
10-31-2008, 12:01 PM
Yes but I dont mind Jauron either, I just like Singletary's attitude.

That's why I like about Singletary, he takes no crap and wants the best out the team. He's the polar opposite of Jauron's personality. I know DJ's going to be here for a while, but I think in the long run this team won't move to the next level with him at the helm.

billsfanone
10-31-2008, 12:14 PM
No. I think he violated a cardinal rule last week.

Pinkerton Security
10-31-2008, 12:17 PM
No. I think he violated a cardinal rule last week.

like what? yelling at his players? they were playing like hell, and have been for most of the season. did you want him to "pish-posh, we're playing ok fellas, just need to try harder! we can do it!"

singling out individuals does have its consequences, but from the perspective of even his own teammates, Davis deserved it.

Night Train
10-31-2008, 12:21 PM
He could be anything at this point. His initial style could lose that team quickly, if they fail to win.

Mr. Pink
10-31-2008, 12:22 PM
I don't care if he's hardnosed whatever...

Fact.

49ers didn't quit when Nolan was there. They sure as hell laid down Sunday with Singletary as the coach.

billsfanone
10-31-2008, 12:23 PM
like what? yelling at his players? they were playing like hell, and have been for most of the season. did you want him to "pish-posh, we're playing ok fellas, just need to try harder! we can do it!"

singling out individuals does have its consequences, but from the perspective of even his own teammates, Davis deserved it.

"At his players."

No blabbing on and on about at a press conference.

Pinkerton Security
10-31-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't care if he's hardnosed whatever...

Fact.

49ers didn't quit when Nolan was there. They sure as hell laid down Sunday with Singletary as the coach.

Maybe its because he was promoted 6 days before the game, and had things other than gameplanning to do for a decent amount of those 6 days.