PDA

View Full Version : McCargo is still very much a part of this team

Mitchell55
10-31-2008, 12:25 PM
He is one of the players signing autographs on the 3rd.

OpIv37
10-31-2008, 12:27 PM
That's a nice gesture but it doesn't mean he's still "very much a part of the team."

Getting on the field and contributing while he's out there makes him part of the team.

Pinkerton Security
10-31-2008, 12:31 PM
if by "very much a part of the team" you mean he is still employed by the Bills, then yes, this is very true.

Mitchell55
10-31-2008, 12:35 PM
What I mean is if he was about to be released he wouldnt do stuff like this.

Pinkerton Security
10-31-2008, 12:38 PM
we had a 4th-rounder for him. anyone who says we should just cut him is an idiot.

OpIv37
10-31-2008, 12:42 PM
What I mean is if he was about to be released he wouldnt do stuff like this.

we're not going to release him this year. We have no depth at DT. Maybe in the off-season if we find someone better, but not now.

As far as him signing autographs, I've had chats with someone on this message board who knows McCargo personally. He claims McCargo is a real nice guy, and I believe it.

So, my guess is that McCargo isn't going to let his frustrations with the FO keep him from doing things like signing autographs or doing charity work. It's not the fans' fault or the community's fault that the FO tried to trade him.

Thurmal
10-31-2008, 12:50 PM
He's probably contractually obligated to appear at a certain number of events.

Stewie
10-31-2008, 12:51 PM
That's a nice gesture but it doesn't mean he's still "very much a part of the team."

Getting on the field and contributing while he's out there makes him part of the team.

Your definition means the entire coaching staff is not part of the team.

OpIv37
10-31-2008, 12:54 PM

Stop taking things way too literally. McCargo's job with the team involves getting on the field and making plays. The coaches have different responsibilities that do not require actually being on the field, therefore that particular criteria for contributing to the team will not be applied to them, just like McCargo is not expected to draw up plays.

I really didn't think I'd have to spell that out...

EDS
10-31-2008, 02:16 PM

Coaches coach. Players play. If a player isn't playing . . . lets hope he is contributing in practice.

Stewie
10-31-2008, 03:43 PM
Coaches coach. Players play. If a player isn't playing . . . lets hope he is contributing in practice.

THat's great and all, but they're all on the team. Op didn't say anything about "players"

Plus, does that mean benchwarmers and other scrubs aren't part of the team unless they get to play?

Stewie
10-31-2008, 04:12 PM
he gets on the field. therefore, he is important to the team. why do I have to spell that out for you

EDS
10-31-2008, 04:41 PM
THat's great and all, but they're all on the team. Op didn't say anything about "players"

Plus, does that mean benchwarmers and other scrubs aren't part of the team unless they get to play?

You are splitting hairs. Yes he is still on the team. No he is not contributing like many expected. He is a disappointment.

raphael120
10-31-2008, 05:12 PM
dont let mccargo sign anything of yours, it might go DOWN in value.