PDA

View Full Version : Coach Sal's Week 9 Picks

Coach Sal
10-31-2008, 01:03 PM
Some very tough games this week.

I took a beating against the spread last week, but still hitting at 63% straight-up, which is pretty good.

I picked some upsets this week.

http://www.salsports.com/week_9_picks.htm

What'ya think?

Dr. Lecter
10-31-2008, 01:08 PM
I agree 100% on Green Bay beating the Titans.

shelby
10-31-2008, 01:11 PM
i agree on Tampa, Arizona, and {hopefully} the Colts.

Thanks Coach.

psubills62
10-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Some very tough games this week.

I took a beating against the spread last week, but still hitting at 63% straight-up, which is pretty good.

I picked some upsets this week.

http://www.salsports.com/week_9_picks.htm

What'ya think?

Well I've got some disagreements, but I haven't done very well against the spread when I've tried, either, so these are just my opinions.

Chicago vs. Detroit
-Gotta say, picking a team to beat another by nearly two TD's is dangerous. I know the Lions suck, but you have to realize that winless teams become more and more dangerous every week. They haven't lost by that much the last couple of weeks, if I remember correctly. I'd have to go with Detroit in the spread, though Chicago is playing well.

Cincinnati vs. Jax
-Don't agree that Cincinnati will beat Jax, but you never know. I do think they have a good chance at beating the spread.

Baltimore vs. Cleveland
-Agree

KC vs. TB
-Agree

Buffalo vs. NYJ
-Agree

Minnesota vs. Houston
-Tough call. Could go either way.

St. Louis vs. Arizona
-Another tough call. St. Louis is playing well, but I think Arizona pulls out the win by more than 3 points.

GB vs. Tennessee
-Agree with this, but very hesitantly. I also have a tough time betting against unbeaten teams that find ways to win.

Denver vs. Miami
-Disagree. Denver puts up a lot of points when their offense is healthy, but even when they did put up a lot of points, they were only winning games by a couple because their defense is HORRIBLE. They have an absolutely dreadful defense that can't stop anyone. I think Miami actually has a decent chance to straight-up win this game.

Something to note: the ONLY win that Denver has that was by more than 3 points was the very first game of the season against Oakland. Their other three wins have come on a combined 6 points. That's an average winning margin of 2 points per game.

NYG vs. Dallas
-Agree, though that large of a spread is hard to bet with.

Oakland vs. Atlanta
-Could go either way. Atlanta is a better team than people think, imo. I think I'd go with Atlanta, but it's a tough call.

Seattle vs. Philly
-Another tough call. Either way.

Indy vs. NE
-Agree. NE is not that good. They barely beat St. Louis at home, when the Rams did not have Steven Jackson (I think that's more important than people think - he's the main reason the Rams blew out Dallas).

DraftBoy
10-31-2008, 08:28 PM
Oakland over Atlanta? Even with the three points Atlanta is going to target all talk no play DeAngelo Hall.

gr8slayer
10-31-2008, 10:03 PM
I agree 100% on Green Bay beating the Titans.
I'll be at that game.