PDA

View Full Version : Clayton on Bills vs Jets game

patmoran2006
10-31-2008, 01:18 PM
From ESPN.com

2. N.Y. Jets (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyj) at Buffalo Bills: (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf) The Bills have to show whether they are contenders or pretenders this week and next. They lost a hard-fought AFC East game in Miami in Week 8, but it's no sin to lose a divisional road game. A home loss to the Jets could make even the Bills wonder if they are for real. Next week, the Bills travel to Foxborough, and a three-game losing streak within the division would be tough to overcome. Injuries are starting to creep into a lineup that has been relatively healthy all year. Defensive end Aaron Schobel (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2594) is banged up. There are injury issues in the secondary. No. 3 receiver Josh Reed (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=3564) is out with injuries to his ankle and Achilles tendon.
On the other side, the Jets are almost in a must-win situation. Brett Favre (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=112) is playing with a sore shoulder that has affected a lot of his throws of late. He's also taking a few more hits than he encountered when he was a Packer. This is a true test to see which team is ready to battle the Patriots for the AFC East title.

Sounds right to me..

yordad
10-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Reed was a #2.

hydro
10-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Spot on for sure. This is a big game.

patmoran2006
10-31-2008, 01:28 PM
Reed was a #2.
Yeah, but overall, the big picture is accurate.. HUGE game.

M
10-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Is that part true about Favre's shoulder or are they just making excuses for his INTs? Either way, I hope he throws a couple of picks on Sunday.

shelby
10-31-2008, 01:32 PM
i'm very concerned about our secondary.

Night Train
10-31-2008, 01:36 PM

Then rush the passer and quit hanging them out to dry.

Oaf
10-31-2008, 01:39 PM
And I'm going. XP

Luisito23
10-31-2008, 02:30 PM
Biggest game of the season, and I get to watch to it in HD!!!....I'm confident that they won't let us down, and I expect the Ralph to be a madhouse!....:jetsuck:

shelby
10-31-2008, 02:33 PM
Then rush the passer and quit hanging them out to dry.

Ok, sorry Coach, i'll work on that.

;)

psubills62
10-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Is that part true about Favre's shoulder or are they just making excuses for his INTs? Either way, I hope he throws a couple of picks on Sunday.

I think Favre has mentioned during press conferences that his shoulders are sore. So it could be him making excuses. But sore shoulders or not, he's always thrown a bunch of interceptions. Let's just hope he doesn't have a big game against us.

OpIv37
10-31-2008, 02:38 PM
This game is huge for both the Bills and the Jets.

If the Jets lose, they fall to two games and a tiebreaker behind the Bills, and at least one game and a tiebreaker behind NE (two games and a tiebreaker if NE wins as well).

If the Bills lose, they'll be tied for second in the division with the Jets but they'll be 0-2 in the division and both the Jets and Pats will have tiebreakers on them.

Night Train
10-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Ok, sorry Coach, i'll work on that.

;)

Come here, baby. Let me show you the proper formation. :naughty: :hump:

Oh wait,this is the football forum. :D :shout:

RockStar36
10-31-2008, 02:50 PM
I think the shoulder is a big phony excuse to be honest.

TheBrownBear
10-31-2008, 03:31 PM
Yep...this is truly the first "biggest game of the year" this season. We have to defend our home turf this weekend.

Owen DeBoard
10-31-2008, 03:35 PM
Come here, baby. Let me show you the proper formation. :naughty: :hump:

Oh wait,this is the football forum. :D :shout::lmao:

psubills62
10-31-2008, 03:41 PM

If the Jets lose, they fall to two games and a tiebreaker behind the Bills, and at least one game and a tiebreaker behind NE (two games and a tiebreaker if NE wins as well).

If the Bills lose, they'll be tied for second in the division with the Jets but they'll be 0-2 in the division and both the Jets and Pats will have tiebreakers on them.

Agree completely - this is a huge game for both teams. I'm glad it's at home for Buffalo.

And did you mean the Dolphins have the tiebreaker over the Bills, not the Pats?

Lexwhat
11-01-2008, 01:48 AM
I actually thought that the Bills could easily lose last week, and they did.

I don't feel this is a game we should lose under any circumstances. IMO, the Jets are overrated, and the Dolphins are underrated.

If we lose this Sunday, I will have very serious doubts about this team to even make the playoffs.

billogic99
11-01-2008, 06:47 AM
I don't see any way the Bills lose this game. Trent rebounds nicely and the D pounds Favre into the turf. My prediction 23-13.

feldspar
11-01-2008, 06:56 AM

If we lose this game and New England and Miami win, we will be in third place in our division...one-half of a game behind the Jets and only one game ahead of the Dolphins. If we lose this game, we will currently be losing a tie-breaker with any other team in the division.

Here is the worst thing that could happen:
New England 6-2
NY Jets 5-3
Buffalo 5-3
Miami 4-4

Here is the best thing that could happen...it's actually what is favored to happen:
Buffalo 6-2
New England 5-3
NY Jets 4-4
Miami 3-5

That's quite a difference. If we beat the Jets, we will actually be a couple games ahead of them instead of having the same record and losing the tie-breaker...for one thing. What happens this week will be big...not season ending by any means, but big.

Pretty exciting.

mybills
11-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Wow feld, those are nothing like the #'s I predicted.

TigerJ
11-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Yup, huge bame. I think the secondary will be a bit better off than for the Dolphins. McGee has another week to get healthier, and will be more accustomed to playing with a brace. Youboty will be available, and while Cotchery and Coles are good, crafty receivers, neither has the speed Ginn of Miami has to burn the Bills deep.

On the other side of the LOS, the Bills will miss Reed, who has beccome a really solid possession receiver. I hope Johnson and Jenkins can fill that role, but relative to Reed, they are both unknowns.

njsue
11-02-2008, 02:04 AM
:gobills:

:jetsuck:

thenry20
11-02-2008, 03:19 AM

I'm not. Just McGee. I was very surprised Fewell decided to take a chance and totally ruin his knee last week. Ok we lose with the rookie; better than losing with a very injured veteran who could use more time to heal.

baalworship
11-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Does anyone know what Terrance McGee will do? His play and Youboty are wild cards and if they don't step up we are toast.