PDA

View Full Version : Bills’ new center Duke Preston welcomes another stern challenge

shelby
11-01-2008, 07:03 AM
In two games as the Buffalo Bills’ starting center, Duke Preston has faced two of the NFL’s best nose tackles in Jamal Williams of San Diego and Jason Ferguson of Miami.
It won’t get any easier this week.
Up next for Preston is New York Jets stud Kris Jenkins, followed by New England’s Vince Wilfork next week.
“I’ve been waiting for an opportunity and I get to run the gauntlet with Jamal and Ferguson last week and Jenkins this week and Wilfork in two weeks,” Preston said. “It’s definitely a good opportunity for me, just to go out and prove my worth. Jenkins is playing great football right now, so I’m going to have my hands full and I’m looking forward to the opportunity to just go out and battle.”
Perhaps no nose tackle is playing better than Jenkins, who was acquired in a trade with Carolina for third-and fifth-round draft picks.

more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/480654.html)

Luisito23
11-01-2008, 08:10 AM
Is it just me or is Duke getting more attention in his last couple of games than Fowler got in his entire career here in Buffalo?

shelby
11-01-2008, 08:16 AM
He's better than Fowler....

yordad
11-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Why has every Bills fan in the world been asking for this, and why did he seems so much better (granted, not a probowler), but the coaches never thought of this earlier?

madness
11-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Why has every Bills fan in the world been asking for this, and why did he seems so much better (granted, not a probowler), but the coaches never thought of this earlier?

Preston almost got cut in favor of Gaddis but the coaches liked his potential keeping him instead. A player isn't automatically better then a current starter, he has to show the coaches he can consistantly do his job first. Preston progressed enough that the coaches started giving him some 1st team reps even before Fowler's injury.

There's players buried on the depth chart on every team that could turn into capable starters. Coaches are aware most of thesep players show flashes of talent but in this league consistancy is the key.

Mitchell55
11-01-2008, 01:12 PM
8 weeks ago people wanted Preston gone, now hes the most popular player on the board.

yordad
11-01-2008, 02:23 PM
consistancy is the key.Yeah, I agree. The key to my question was Fowler consistantly sucked.