PDA

View Full Version : ROFL! "Prisco the idiot"

TypicalBill
05-02-2003, 09:06 AM
Pete Prisco again show what a complete idiot he is with regards to NFL Football by the statement below in quotations from the above article. Prisco actually wants readers to believe the NFL elite has taken a sports agents words and made McGahee a first round pick based on the what agent Drew Rosenhaus said about him. Wake up idiot, there isn't one NFL GM who would make a player a first round pick based on an agent's phony hype. Every NFL GM knows McGahee has no chance of being the the Pro Bowl this year and likely won't play for at least the first half of the season.

"This will be a testy situation for Sapp's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, who is flying high after he helped Willis McGahee go in the first round last week. Rosenhaus played the roll of PR man for McGahee and clearly played a role in his going in the first round."

Link (http://cbs.sportsline.com/messages/message/6345845/1051872905-imfletcher1?1051872905-imfletcher1)

Turf
05-02-2003, 10:00 AM
Everyone but Prisco realizes that TD wanted him before the fake phone call incident, and had his eye on him. I guess Rosenhaus and TD have dealt before and are not that uncomfortable with each other.

lordofgun
05-02-2003, 10:03 AM
Welcome Travis! You're a great running back.

Turf
05-02-2003, 10:09 AM
Thanks. My coach Kevin Gibralter thinks so too!!

TypicalBill
05-02-2003, 10:13 AM
:chuckle:

Lone Stranger
05-02-2003, 11:08 AM
Nice retort, Travis.

Pride
05-02-2003, 11:09 AM
:lol:

WCoastFin
05-02-2003, 12:39 PM
Regardless of what happened....it was clearly a dumb move ....TD going after Mcgahee in the first round....you dont go after someone in the first round who is gonna have to sit out at least half the season.....regardless wether TD was suckered or not, bad move.

Tatonka
05-02-2003, 12:46 PM
miami using all their picks on UFA scrubs was kind of a bad move too.. but this is the wrong forum to discuss that..

moore.. :rofl:

:scratch:

Stewie
05-02-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
....you dont go after someone in the first round who is gonna have to sit out at least half the season.....regardless wether TD was suckered or not, bad move.

At *least* 50% of the first rounders this year are going to sit at half the season, regardless of injury. It happens every year. Whats the difference between taking an injured RB with star potential over some dude who wont be able to crack the playing rotation??

MissBuffalo
05-02-2003, 03:35 PM
I agree paulB!! We also have the luxury of letting him sit for the season because of TH and Gary. It's the perfect situation.

mikemac2001
05-02-2003, 03:38 PM
he gets to learn the scheme, watch how it is in NFL, get his knee stronger and get some repor with the team. it might actually be good that he is sitting a year. we wont know if this is a good move until next year so idk why we all keep discussing it. is it our need to agrue or the need to tell people there wrong and stupid. WCoastFin Dolphins Suck

HenryRules
05-02-2003, 04:42 PM
These comments about drafting McGahee and him sitting out the year proving that TD made a stupid move are ridiculous.

Were the Jets foolish to draft Pennington in the first round? Come on, get real.

When you have cap room in the free agency era, you fill immediate needs with free agents and think long-term with your draft picks. Anything else is foolishness if you ask me.

Kevikid
05-02-2003, 04:53 PM
I can't believe I'm doing this, but I have to defend the finfan. I like the pick...I love how the ultraconservative TD goes for a huge risk. But drafting a running back to sit is different from a QB. QB's should sit because they have to learn and master the offense. RB's don't have so much responsibility. We drafted a guy that may never play, not just one that is sitting out for a year. I believe he'll be great in the future, but everyone that says we got screwed has got more proof/stats/whatever than fans like me that like the pick.

HenryRules
05-02-2003, 06:34 PM
Priest Holmes didn't get any carries his first year and was a 1000-yard back his second.
Deuce McCallister got hardly any carries his first year and had a pretty good year last year.

That's 2 of the better RB's in the league who didn't play much in their first year.

Doesn't indicate to me that there is much of a problem in drafting an RB to not play much in their first year. Developing a Priest Holmes or Deuce McCallister wouldn't be too bad.

Kevikid
05-02-2003, 08:37 PM
There's no evidence that they were actually developing though. Ask a QB who's sitting if he's learning. He'll almost certainly say yes. Ask a RB who's sitting, and he'll most likely say that the team is wasting his time. I'm just speculating, but it seems reasonable.

TigerJ
05-02-2003, 11:23 PM
TD played the first round of the draft about as well as he could. He could have moved up, I suppose, though he tends to like a full complement of draft choices. However, barring that the truth is that with a relatively thin draft, the guys available at the Bills' spot were second round caliber players in a normal year. The other player the Bills were considering at #23 was Chris Kelsay. McGahee, appart from the injury is a top five player. There was not a player left in the draft at that point who would have been any more likely to start for the Bills at the start of the 2003 season than McGahee, due in part to the Bills' offseason moves before the draft, and beyond that the talent level in this draft.

DATGUY52
05-02-2003, 11:37 PM
Sitting and learning is one thing. Unsure if he will EVER play falls into a different category altogether.

Dozerdog
05-02-2003, 11:42 PM
Welcome aboard, DatGuy!

DATGUY52
05-03-2003, 05:00 AM
Thanks. I would rather TD grabbed defensive help before WM, but...

BillsFanInMass
05-03-2003, 06:46 AM
Hey Wcoastfin i like your moms tattoo lol.

HenryRules
05-03-2003, 11:24 AM
KeviKid, an RB who doesn't play is not wasting his time. Otherwise, I see no reason to employ RB coaches. While an RB relies a lot on instinct, he also has a lot to learn about route-running, blitz-pickups, holding the ball, reading his blocks, and many others. Actually, I think its more important for a QB to be on the field (in Europe or Canada) to learn his trade than it is for an RB. RB's skills are largely technique-based (reading blocks, running routes, etc.), which can be developed in practice time (and many of them do not require contact, nor 100% health). QB's skills largely require game experience (reading defenses, finding the open receiver, pocket awareness). This is why you see guys like Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner, and others who were dismissed by the NFL but benefitted from the playing time received elsewhere.

Secondly, your statement that people that have a problem with the WM pick having more stats, proof, etc. that the pick was a bad pick is incorrect. People that disagree with the pick can find many faults. However, McGahee does not have to be the perfect pick at #23 to be deserving of being our first-rounder. He merely has to be the best alternative and there weren't any alternatives better.
QB - nope, after Leftwich, Palmer, and Boller were taking, no good ones were available IMO.
WR - Kelley Washington slipped to the 3rd, so he would have been a reach here. Everyone else would not add anything to the team this year and not have the long-term upside of WM.
TE - Dallas Clark would be the 3rd TE on our team IMO. Therefore similar first-year impact of McGahee without the long-term upside.
OL - no one that could have earned a starting position was available.
DE - We grabbed Kelsay in the 2nd and he would have been our choice in the 1st. Therefore, we would have wasted our pick by grabbing him in the first (and the extra cap money we would have spent on him as well).
DT - Joseph doesn't fit in with our defence and Anthony Adams was the next DT chosen who was available to us in the 2nd so it would have been a huge reach as well.
LB - We'd be having similar discussions about the LB we chose because whoever the LB beat out for the starting spot would be earning starter's money to sit on the bench after performing well enough to earn a starting job ... alternative is that the LB sits for a year and we have the same discussion.
CB - same thing as drafting WM as we would be saying goodbye to Winfield for a rookie CB.
S - good luck ever getting another mid-level defensive player to sign with us as a free agent after we've Jenkins and now Reese would have signed with us only to sit on the bench. If Reese starts, then this pick is the same as a McGahee pick.
K/P - the earliest a K/P was drafted was the 5th round, so this would have been a huge reach.

None of the choices that would have led to a similar situation as the McGahee pick would have the upside of McGahee.

Those previous 8 points or so are the only stats/proof/analysis needed to back up the McGahee pick. Any other stats/proof/analysis is irrelevant as to whether or not McGahee was a good choice at 23.

superbills
05-03-2003, 11:29 AM
It's funny how WCF never seems to stick around to respond when we criticize his asanine statements. I assume that means he gets the message...he's wrong as ususal.

Anyone who questions this pick tell me one thing. Who would you rather have had us pick? Was there anyone left who was unquestionably worthy of a first round pick? Regardless of who we picked at 23 it was going to be a crap shoot. I'm glad TD has the stones to take a chance like this. Guys who take chances have a tendancy to win championships. Let the other 31 teams who won't take a chance watch YOU hoist the Lombardi trophy. That's the kind of attitude I WANT my GM to have. You see an opportunity to do something that could make your team great and you go after it. Screw everyone else who wants the status quo.

Oh, and BTW, :squish:

ublinkwescore
05-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by superbills
It's funny how WCF never seems to stick around to respond when we criticize his asanine statements. I assume that means he gets the message...he's wrong as ususal.

Oh, and BTW, :squish:

Hey, lay off WCF - he's just doing his job - notice the title?

By the way - I couldn't leave the squish animation out or your quote - that would be like treason or something.