PDA

View Full Version : Gbaja any one?

Mitchell55
11-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Hes been around for 9 years and he had 9.5 sacks last year. Then they got rid of there best DT and he has decreased. With Williams and Stroud here I wonder if his production could go up. Hes alot better then Ellis, Kelsay, and is about equal to schobel.

hydro
11-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Is he a Free Agent at the end of the year? If not then why would they even consider it? Is he on the trading block?

Mitchell55
11-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Is he a Free Agent at the end of the year? If not then why would they even consider it? Is he on the trading block?

He was just released.

hydro
11-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Might be helpful to devulge that information from the start ;)

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Mr. Pink
11-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Another Madden move!

So we can bring in another end exactly like Schoebel?

Great idea.

NO!

Mitchell55
11-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Another Madden move!

Great idea.

NO!

Lets put it this way, Schobel (no e) is alot better than what we have now. Our LB has the most sacks for us so far. Not only that but Kelsay, Ellis, and Denney would all be 3rd stringers on another team and Gbaja is at least a 2nd stringer.

Sportsuser101
11-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Lets put it this way, Schobel (no e) is alot better than what we have now. Our LB has the most sacks for us so far. Not only that but Kelsay, Ellis, and Denney would all be 3rd stringers on another team and Gbaja is at least a 2nd stringer.

Kelsay a 3rd stringer? Where would you get that he would be a 3rd stringer? I thought he's had a good year. Not so much stat wise but he does a great job in the run game and has quite a few hurries. I'd say at least half the teams in the league he would be a starter. KGB if he were to sign with Buffalo would be the 4th defense end with Kelsay and Schobel starting and Denney getting most of the sub ins. He is so 1 dementional. He is all about the pass rush and now hes slowed down so he isn't as quick so he's basically useless as a starter. He would be nice for 3rd down situations.

Mitchell55
11-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Kelsay a 3rd stringer? Where would you get that he would be a 3rd stringer? I thought he's had a good year. Not so much stat wise but he does a great job in the run game and has quite a few hurries. I'd say at least half the teams in the league he would be a starter. KGB if he were to sign with Buffalo would be the 4th defense end with Kelsay and Schobel starting and Denney getting most of the sub ins. He is so 1 dementional. He is all about the pass rush and now hes slowed down so he isn't as quick so he's basically useless as a starter. He would be nice for 3rd down situations.

Right now all we need is a pass rusher. We all know that schobel and Kelsay can defend the run, but Baja will give us a pass rush.

streetkings01
11-01-2008, 12:36 PM
He is a situational pass rusher and that is exactly what we need right now......bring him in!

Sportsuser101
11-01-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm not saying I wouldn't mind bringing him in but to say he's going to start I can't see that happening at all. I don't think he's going to be that big of an impact as some may think. I might even go as far to say he would be a waste of a roster spot because of how slow he's become and that was the only thing he was good at.

T-Long
11-01-2008, 01:33 PM
he is a situation pass rusher at this point in his career. Obviously he wouldn't take the place of Schobel and Kelsay, but coming in on 3rd down passing downs. That is what he did in Green Bay...without much success this year, but definitely a veteran I would welcome

streetkings01
11-01-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm not saying I wouldn't mind bringing him in but to say he's going to start I can't see that happening at all. I don't think he's going to be that big of an impact as some may think. I might even go as far to say he would be a waste of a roster spot because of how slow he's become and that was the only thing he was good at.Who said he was coming in to start? Dont put words in peoples mouths just because you dont want him!

SABURZFAN
11-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Who said he was coming in to start? Dont put words in peoples mouths just because you dont want him!

anybody who's "about equal to schobel" should be starting, don't you think? or do you think that schobel's a bum? :idunno:

Mahdi
11-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Hes been around for 9 years and he had 9.5 sacks last year. Then they got rid of there best DT and he has decreased. With Williams and Stroud here I wonder if his production could go up. Hes alot better then Ellis, Kelsay, and is about equal to schobel.
Kelsay is nowhere near Schobel. Teams actually game plan for Schobel. Kelsay gets 1v1 every snap and never takes advantage.

The Jokeman
11-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Biamala's stats this year are horrid but it couldn't hurt to bring him in yet the question is who do you cut to make room for him? As there aren't any DEs that would cut to acquire him which means would have to make another position thinner.

Philagape
11-01-2008, 06:29 PM
THEY

CUT

HIM

WHY

DID

THEY

CUT

HIM

?

Whatever he is compared to Kelsay, Ellis and Denny, the Packers felt they would rather keep Michael Montgomery, Jeremy Thompson, Kenny Pettway and Jason Hunter.
And for some reason they felt the need to part with KGB not the end of the season, but right in the middle of it.
He wasn't giving them a pass rush, so why us?
Do these facts ever cross the minds of people, or do their brains shut off after only reading the name?

Night Train
11-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Cut ? Something must be amiss in a major way.

Mitchell55
11-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Kelsay is nowhere near Schobel. Teams actually game plan for Schobel. Kelsay gets 1v1 every snap and never takes advantage.

I NEVER SAID KELSAY IS EQUAL TO SCHOBEL.

bigbub2352
11-01-2008, 07:59 PM
pass rush sign him up

Mr. Miyagi
11-01-2008, 09:07 PM
THEY

CUT

HIM

WHY

DID

THEY

CUT

HIM

?

Whatever he is compared to Kelsay, Ellis and Denny, the Packers felt they would rather keep Michael Montgomery, Jeremy Thompson, Kenny Pettway and Jason Hunter.
And for some reason they felt the need to part with KGB not the end of the season, but right in the middle of it.
He wasn't giving them a pass rush, so why us?
Do these facts ever cross the minds of people, or do their brains shut off after only reading the name?
Took the words right out of my fingers.

Doesn't hurt to bring him in for a lookie, but I wouldn't hold my breath. KGB is past his prime.

hydro
11-01-2008, 09:19 PM
One mans Gbaja is another mans treasure...

yordad
11-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Due diligence please.

Sportsuser101
11-02-2008, 06:49 AM
Who said he was coming in to start? Dont put words in peoples mouths just because you dont want him!

Ask and you shall recieve. And maybe you should read what I said. I said I wanted him he should just not be starting.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2718811" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Mitchell59</TD><TD class=alt2>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY!
Another Madden move!

Great idea.

NO!
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Lets put it this way, Schobel (no e) is alot better than what we have now. Our LB has the most sacks for us so far. Not only that but Kelsay, Ellis, and Denney would all be 3rd stringers on another team and Gbaja is at least a 2nd stringer.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / message -->

X-Era
11-02-2008, 08:11 AM
So, on the surface, Gbaja would be a nice rotational pass rusher.

And for a team that has such a low sack total maybe we should focus just on the surface and not dig deeper.

But several questions come up here.

Why did the pack let go of a quality pass rusher if he still can get to the QB?

Would this move hurt the development of Chris Ellis?

MarshawnLynch23
11-02-2008, 11:59 AM
YES ! In a heartbreak the guy can still produce when put in the right situation !

MarshawnLynch23
11-02-2008, 11:59 AM
i mean heartbeat***