PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre Looking for Another Milestone :)

ServoBillieves
11-01-2008, 07:00 PM
While doing my weekly write up for the front page (that never got finished, had too much going on with school work :{) I stumbled across an interesting statistic.

Brett Favre has 299 interceptions.

Here's the excerpt from that which never was...

New York Jets (4-3) @ Buffalo Bills (5-2)
What Bills fan hasn't been waiting for this matchup? Brett Favre, the heralded legend of yore comes to wreak havoc upon the AFC with his cannon arm, miraculous plays on the run and intimidating poise and accuracy. ... Accuracy. The Bills defense hopes to help Brett Favre set another NFL milestone of his career, as Terrence, Jabari and the gang hope to be #300 on his interception list. Only once has Brett Favre thrown fewer than 11 INT's in one season, and that was his rookie year, when on 4 pass attempts he threw 2 interceptions and was sacked. He's thrown at least two picks to such strong defenses as the Bengals, Raiders, and Chiefs the past three weeks. The Jets don't necessarily need Brett to have a monster game, as Thomas Jones and Leon Washington have more than proved they can carry this team on their shoulders. After an "impressive" home win against the Chiefs, expect a fired up Jets team to try and put the Bills deeper in the division doghouse. The Bills made the Dolphins look good this past weekend. With little pressure on Chad Pennington and four very costly turnovers in the fourth quarter, the Battlin' Bills couldn't pull their 4th quarter comeback-magic against the Dolphins. In order for the Bills to win, they need Trent to have a big day. Missing go-to guy Josh Reed will make this a pressing task, but facing the 23rd ranked Jets Pass D shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Expect James Hardy to have an extended role, and we may see the premier of rookie Steve Johnson. The run game faces a tough task with the 4th ranked Jets rush D, especially with Brad Butler out again. It may just be me, but it seems that this year, whenever the Bills have been at home, the 12th Man, Tim Russert, and my grampa have had something to do with the games. There's something special happening this season.

Nobody Circles the Wagons,

Buffalo Bills 31, New York Jets 14

Pretty mad I didn't get to finish my article, but let's hope that Jabari, Terrence, Ko, Ashton, and Donte are ready to make some history!

Historian
11-01-2008, 07:17 PM
He's looking for another milestone:

A win at RWS, lol.

TigerJ
11-01-2008, 07:25 PM
The writer overestimates the importance to Bills fans of Favre coming to Ralph Wilson stadium. From my perspective, it's not a big deal. It's more important to me that the Bills get a win Sunday than have an epic game with a future hall of famer.

HendersonD06
11-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Favre is a gun slinger...Int's are bound to happen but you know what? This man has proven he can win tough games against top D's...Favre is a warrior on the football field and he always shows up...Win or Lose, the man plays.

Nothing against Trent Edwards...But I would take a future HOF QB in Favre leading my team who still has magic left in the tank - over a younger QB who has yet to win anything in the NFL which stands for..."Not For Long"

Say what you want about Favre and the Jets, but the fact of the matter is this... The Jets Offense can put some points on the board and strike @ any time...Something that I couldn't say in years past with Pennington and Kellen Clemens.

HendersonD06
11-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Good thread by the way...It was a good read, and I mean that.

But you know what? If Favre throws 3+ INT's and the Jets still manage to win the game, I wont be complaining because chances are...Favre and the Jets will make something happen before it's all said and done.

Give me a 6-3 Victory all day...A Win is a Win and as a Jets fan, I cant ask for anything special or perfect...Jets win the game, lol, thats all I wish for while watching the games!

ServoBillieves
11-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Thank you Henderson, it's always good to get a view from a non-Bills fan on my writings.

In my other site write ups I can't show my Bills bias but here I can let it all out :)

HendersonD06
11-01-2008, 07:47 PM
All I know is this...The Bills have a solid young team here in 2008... I even said last year on this site, that the Bills would be 4-Real here in 2008...As a football fan, you could just tell that the Bills were building a solid team and last year, when you all were missing half your starting D....You all STILL played tough. When you all drafted M.Lynch I was jealous because I wanted that dude because he's an animal of a running back...

But you know what? As a Jets fan...We may only be 4-3 but this is one of the most talented Jet teams that I've seen since 1998 when Vinny took us one game away from the SB until we blew a 10-0 lead against Elway and the Broncos...I just really love this Jets squad for some reason.

This should be a tough game, I just cant see Favre throwing 3+ INT's (After Mangini got on his case about throwing INT's)

But you know what? After watching Favre for years...Anything can happen, lol