X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HendersonD06
    • Oct 2005

From a Jets Fan: (I'm just pumped up!)

I've actually been on this Bills site for a while now...Never been one to start any trouble and you know what? This is actually the only other site that I post on (Other than TheGangGreen,com-My user name is TampaBayJetsFan85) For some reason, I just enjoy reading threads about the Bills on this site.

Look: The Jets are a 4-3 team while the Bills are 5-2, anything can happen during this AFC East rival game and you know what? It doesn't get much better than this! Last year...As a Jets fan...Winning only 4 games was tough because we were a playoff team the year before and this year...What can I say? It's been exciting and this Jets team is a MUCH better team than what our record shows.

Our front 7 is TOUGH against the run with our 3-4 Defense with players such as Jenkins and Ellis on the D-Line, David Harris (An animal), Calvin Pace (Wow, what a pickup) we also have players like Barton and Bryan Thomas who continue to make plays, I just wish Vernon Gholston would get some more playing time because he's a player. Our secondary is young but you know what? We have the talent with Kerry Rhodes, Revis and now Dwight Lowery...Buffalo fans, last year I was pumped up about David Harris and Revis as our two stand out rookies, this year... I'm pumped up about Stuckey (Slot WR) But man oh man can this Lowery kid play...He has been a player for this Jets Defense here in 08, thats for sure.

Shaun Ellis, Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace, David Harris, Vernon Gholston, Kerry Rhodes, Revis, Dwight Lowery...I mean, the talent is there: This is one of the best overall Jet Defenses that I've seen since about 98...It's just a matter of time before we put it all together but so far in 2008...They have been amazing against the run. Against the Bills and M.Lynch...Thats going to be the key of the game.

Favre may throw some INT's but WOW...This dude can stretch the field and he's a quarterback who knows how to win games...I love that. We also have some play-makers with Thomas Jones and Leon Washington as the 1-2 punch. Coles and Cotchery make an elite 1-2 connection for Favre and the Jets and we also have two explosive rookies in Dustin Keller (TE) and Stucky (Slot WR) Who can make things happen but you know what I enjoy about this Jets team of 2008? Our O-Line. Ferguson is turning into a franchise LT here in his 3rd year, Alan Faneca has changed the culture of this O-Line and Mangold is already one of the best young centers in the leauge... Woody has also been an important pickup.

Overall...I actually love the makeup of this Jets team...IF and I repeat IF we can make the playoffs, I can already see a Jets team that can make some noise for the simple fact it all starts up front in the trenches and the Jets are strong on both sides of the ball in that aspect. We also have a defense full of talent and in my eyes...Defense Wins Championships thats why I miss Donnie Henderson because that man can coach one hell of a D...

Favre has had his up's and downs as a Jet during his first 7 games but you know what? He has already helped the Jets to 4 wins in 7 games...I cant complain. We should have beat the Raiders in O.T in Oakland but you know what? In the NFL...Anything can happen on Sundays. Last week was a good win for this Jets team against the Chiefs...A game we needed.

This week is HUGE for the Jets and maybe just as important for the Bills... This should be a dog fight, an AFC East battle: As Football fans...This is what we live for.

Can the Jets stop the rushing attack of the Bills? I hope so.

Can Favre lead the Jets down the field without throwing horrid INTS? He better.

This game feels like a playoff game for most Jet fans... 5-3 is SOOOO much better than 4-4...We all know this Jets team NEEDS this game, a loss here against your Bills and you know what? Things will be pretty ugly over @ theganggreen!

Who else is pumped up for this game?!?!?!?

I would like to here from some Bills fans...What are some keys to the game? Mine are...

#1- M.Lynch against this Jets 3-4 Defense...If the Jets can keep this beast in Lynch under 80 yards...I like our chances.

#2- Can the Bills front 7 pressure Favre into making costly INT's? If Favre throws two + INT's, things will be ugly for my Jets.

#3- Revis up against Evans...Thats going to be an AMAZING matchup to watch...

#4- Who punches who in the mouth first...This game should be a game of momentum and you know what? Who ever puts the heat on first should win this game.

From a Jets fan: Good Luck Buffalo (We both have exciting teams to be proud of)

I bet we both can agree on one thing... It's about time for the Pats to lose their 3rd game of the season without Brady.
  • Celtkin
    • Feb 2006

Re: From a Jets Fan: (I'm just pumped up!)

Thanks for the intro and analysis. I am a Dolphins fan that also enjoys BillsZone.com.

This is a tough-as-nails Bills team and we were lucky to beat them last week. They are going to be looking for revenge and have the weapons to do it.

I am hoping that both teams play well and that there are no major injuries.

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

Thanks Henderson. This should be a great game. i'm anticipating a nail biter.
      You have a lot of talent....and i never, ever underestimate Brett Farve.

Our pass rush is suspect. We looked like crap last week against the Fins. Injuries to our D are starting to show. And Trent had his first really, really bad game last weekend.

i'm hoping we're prepared, with a decent offensive game plan, and that our D can step up and put pressure on Farve.

Unfortunately, i won't be able to watch the game. i normally catch a live feed when it isn't televised, but tomorrow my husband and i are going to our friends' to drink beer and be fed. So here's to a good, tight, decent, injury free game. i think this is a must win for the Bills.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
        Closet Bills Fan
        • Nov 2004

its a divisional game.... it should be a nail biter...

if i were buffalo i'd try and exploit the paper thin jets defensive secondary.... our pass d ranks in the lowest 3rd of the league, allowing almost 250 yds a game passing...

if buffalo tries to play smashmouth run football, that may bite them in the ass, as the jets rank 4th in the league in yds/game allowed.

if the weather stays the way it has been the past few days, with light winds.

and all games are a must win...... make no mistake..... this is the time to jockey for position so to speak....

j-e-t-s
        jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• im4bflo
          the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
          • Sep 2003

Hey, your a cool dude, but bad luck tomorrow, and good luck until Dec 14th,
          and then bad luck again that day, and then good luck unless we meet you
          in the playoffs somehow :snicker2:
          GO BILLS!

Comment

• Patti120
            • Aug 2004

Great post. The bills have a HUGE Oline that has no attitude unfortunately and has not produced a 100 yard rushing game yet. Sad but true. This has left a sour taste in my mouth all year, as M. Lynch and F. Jackson are solid backs and should be combining for over 100 yards (at least, should be closer to 150 yds) each game. The D line for the bills fails on a consistent basis to get pressure on the QB. The way to beat the bills thus far has been to throw the quick slant which seems impossible for us to defend. Three step drop and hit the receiver seems to be the way to go. We are pretty good against the run though but our secondary is banged up and Tedd Ginn looked like an all pro last week b/c McGee was recovering from a knee injury and was giving a 10 yd. cushion. I'd expect the Jets to try to use the matchup against McGee to their advantage.

Should be a really good game. I can see it going either way. I am hoping that Favre tries to make too much happen and throws multiple INTS but I have a feeling that he's going to clean up his act after the last few games and not make as many mistakes.

Good luck! Here's to no injuries for either team!

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Special teams. If one team can play special teams special, it could be the difference.

Preston on Jenkins. Nuff said.

The health of McGee. Are the Bills CBs going to jam?

The production of Denny. Can he force Favre to force things?

Whether or not the Bills can get adequate production out of a #2 WR. Hardy, Parrish, Johnson, whoever. Someone has to step up because I gave up on two semi-"skill" positions. The Bills cannot get production out of the FB or TE.

Scheme. Do we use Lynch and Jackson at the same time? Do we blitz when our front four ain't getting it done?

Play calling. Do the Bills run a reverse w Parrish early? Do they play-action bomb early? Do they throw some screens? Can they get the Jets to back off Lynch/Jackson a little?
              Last edited by yordad; 11-01-2008, 10:26 PM.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                Closet Bills Fan
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by yordad
                Special teams. If one team can play special teams special, it could be the difference.

Preston on Jenkins. Nuff said.

The health of McGee. Are the Bills CBs going to jam?

The production of Denny. Can he force Favre to force things?

Whether or not the Bills can get adequate production out of a #2 WR. Hardy, Parrish, Johnson, whoever. Someone has to step up because I gave up on two semi-"skill" positions. The Bills cannot get production out of the FB or TE.

Scheme. Do we use Lynch and Jackson at the same time? Do we blitz when our front four ain't getting it done?

Play calling. Do the Bills run a reverse w Parrish early? Do they play-action bomb early? Do they throw some screens? Can they get the Jets to back off Lynch/Jackson a little?
                if denney is playing against d'brickashaw ferguson, i could see ryan having 1-2 sacks....

thats the keymatchup, unless they plan on keeping a TE there as a crutchblocker

j-e-t-s

Comment

• HendersonD06
                  • Oct 2005

I guess this is the reason why I love BillsZone.Com... As a Jets fan, it's exciting to know that I can actually talk football with opposing fans without getting bashed into the next centruy, I thank you all for that for the simple fact that I'm a Jets fan who actually loves the game of football...Win or lose, this has already been an exciting season for me... The Jets actually have a game this week that means SOMETHING... Who knows what it means? but you know what? Im Excited, and you know what? Thats all I can ask for!

I'm 23 years of age and I have watched film of the 69 Jets for YEARS now... All I know is this...I'm glad the Bills will NEVER leave Buffalo anytime soon because the AFC East with the Jets, Pats, Bills & Phins has to be the best divison in all of sports... I have been on this site since like 05 or 2006, I never like to bash you fans of the Bills because I understand how tough it is to root for teams that you love (Even when they lose) I just post before the season starts and when the Jets play the Bills... Win or Lose, as fans...We both have teams 2 be proud of...Im drunk right now, but...GL.

Comment

• Coach Sal
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by HendersonD06
                    What are some keys to the game? Mine are...
                    #1- M.Lynch against this Jets 3-4 Defense...If the Jets can keep this beast in Lynch under 80 yards...I like our chances.
                    Lynch rarely gets 80 yards a game this season (has done it one time, and that was only 83). You'll need to try and hold the Bills TEAM to less than 100. As bad as it seems the Bills have run this year, they've hit 100+ in 5 of their 7 games.

#2- Can the Bills front 7 pressure Favre into making costly INT's? If Favre throws two + INT's, things will be ugly for my Jets.
                    Favre may throw INTs, but it may not even be due to pressure from the front-4. His arm is hurting, and it shows. The Bills have had only 8 sacks the last 6 games.

#3- Revis up against Evans...Thats going to be an AMAZING matchup to watch...
                    I agree. This game could hinge on which one makes the Big Play!

#4- Who punches who in the mouth first...This game should be a game of momentum and you know what? Who ever puts the heat on first should win this game.
                    I think it will be decided by which which secondary holds it together longer and not as much by who runs the ball better. I expect the Jets to get their share on the ground.

From a Jets fan: Good Luck Buffalo (We both have exciting teams to be proud of)

I bet we both can agree on one thing... It's about time for the Pats to lose their 3rd game of the season without Brady.
                    Good Luck. Screw the Pats.

And screw your Jets Sunday, too.
                    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by CuseJetsFan83
                      if denney is playing against d'brickashaw ferguson, i could see ryan having 1-2 sacks....

thats the keymatchup, unless they plan on keeping a TE there as a crutchblocker

I think you're confused. You might be thinking about Aaron Schobel, not Ryan Denney.

Denney is a backup DE who is starting against the Jets because Schobel is injured and out. I doubt Denney will get 2 sacks against Ferguson. Even some QB pressure is a lot to ask for.

Denney only has 2 sacks in his last 14 games.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                        Closet Bills Fan
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                        I think you're confused. You might be thinking about Aaron Schobel, not Ryan Denney.

Denney is a backup DE who is starting against the Jets because Schobel is injured and out. I doubt Denney will get 2 sacks against Ferguson. Even some QB pressure is a lot to ask for.

Denney only has 2 sacks in his last 14 games.
                        nope, not confused, and i know he's been in a funk, but d'brickashaw has been our glaring problem on the o-line all year... i wouldn't be surprised to see the bills use denney as a pawn and blitz from that side either....

j-e-t-s

Comment

• HAMMER
                          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                          • Jul 2003

It will be fun, w/o Harris and Smith the Jets chances are not good. Bills win this one.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                            Closet Bills Fan
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by HAMMER
                            It will be fun, w/o Harris and Smith the Jets chances are not good. Bills win this one.
                            smith isn't that huge of a loss compared to harris..... BUT..... if the bills continue to be pass heavy.... it might not matter

j-e-t-s

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

Awesome posting. And heres to no injuries.

p.s. Man you LOVE to say the phrase YOU KNOW WHAT??? Dont know if you ever noticed that.

Comment

Working...
                              X