PDA

View Full Version : From a Jets Fan: (I'm just pumped up!)

HendersonD06
11-01-2008, 07:16 PM
I've actually been on this Bills site for a while now...Never been one to start any trouble and you know what? This is actually the only other site that I post on (Other than TheGangGreen,com-My user name is TampaBayJetsFan85) For some reason, I just enjoy reading threads about the Bills on this site.

Look: The Jets are a 4-3 team while the Bills are 5-2, anything can happen during this AFC East rival game and you know what? It doesn't get much better than this! Last year...As a Jets fan...Winning only 4 games was tough because we were a playoff team the year before and this year...What can I say? It's been exciting and this Jets team is a MUCH better team than what our record shows.

Our front 7 is TOUGH against the run with our 3-4 Defense with players such as Jenkins and Ellis on the D-Line, David Harris (An animal), Calvin Pace (Wow, what a pickup) we also have players like Barton and Bryan Thomas who continue to make plays, I just wish Vernon Gholston would get some more playing time because he's a player. Our secondary is young but you know what? We have the talent with Kerry Rhodes, Revis and now Dwight Lowery...Buffalo fans, last year I was pumped up about David Harris and Revis as our two stand out rookies, this year... I'm pumped up about Stuckey (Slot WR) But man oh man can this Lowery kid play...He has been a player for this Jets Defense here in 08, thats for sure.

Shaun Ellis, Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace, David Harris, Vernon Gholston, Kerry Rhodes, Revis, Dwight Lowery...I mean, the talent is there: This is one of the best overall Jet Defenses that I've seen since about 98...It's just a matter of time before we put it all together but so far in 2008...They have been amazing against the run. Against the Bills and M.Lynch...Thats going to be the key of the game.

Favre may throw some INT's but WOW...This dude can stretch the field and he's a quarterback who knows how to win games...I love that. We also have some play-makers with Thomas Jones and Leon Washington as the 1-2 punch. Coles and Cotchery make an elite 1-2 connection for Favre and the Jets and we also have two explosive rookies in Dustin Keller (TE) and Stucky (Slot WR) Who can make things happen but you know what I enjoy about this Jets team of 2008? Our O-Line. Ferguson is turning into a franchise LT here in his 3rd year, Alan Faneca has changed the culture of this O-Line and Mangold is already one of the best young centers in the leauge... Woody has also been an important pickup.

Overall...I actually love the makeup of this Jets team...IF and I repeat IF we can make the playoffs, I can already see a Jets team that can make some noise for the simple fact it all starts up front in the trenches and the Jets are strong on both sides of the ball in that aspect. We also have a defense full of talent and in my eyes...Defense Wins Championships thats why I miss Donnie Henderson because that man can coach one hell of a D...

Favre has had his up's and downs as a Jet during his first 7 games but you know what? He has already helped the Jets to 4 wins in 7 games...I cant complain. We should have beat the Raiders in O.T in Oakland but you know what? In the NFL...Anything can happen on Sundays. Last week was a good win for this Jets team against the Chiefs...A game we needed.

This week is HUGE for the Jets and maybe just as important for the Bills... This should be a dog fight, an AFC East battle: As Football fans...This is what we live for.

Can the Jets stop the rushing attack of the Bills? I hope so.

Can Favre lead the Jets down the field without throwing horrid INTS? He better.

This game feels like a playoff game for most Jet fans... 5-3 is SOOOO much better than 4-4...We all know this Jets team NEEDS this game, a loss here against your Bills and you know what? Things will be pretty ugly over @ theganggreen!

Who else is pumped up for this game?!?!?!?

I would like to here from some Bills fans...What are some keys to the game? Mine are...

#1- M.Lynch against this Jets 3-4 Defense...If the Jets can keep this beast in Lynch under 80 yards...I like our chances.

#2- Can the Bills front 7 pressure Favre into making costly INT's? If Favre throws two + INT's, things will be ugly for my Jets.

#3- Revis up against Evans...Thats going to be an AMAZING matchup to watch...

#4- Who punches who in the mouth first...This game should be a game of momentum and you know what? Who ever puts the heat on first should win this game.

From a Jets fan: Good Luck Buffalo (We both have exciting teams to be proud of)

I bet we both can agree on one thing... It's about time for the Pats to lose their 3rd game of the season without Brady.

Celtkin
11-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the intro and analysis. I am a Dolphins fan that also enjoys BillsZone.com.

This is a tough-as-nails Bills team and we were lucky to beat them last week. They are going to be looking for revenge and have the weapons to do it.

I am hoping that both teams play well and that there are no major injuries.

shelby
11-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks Henderson. This should be a great game. i'm anticipating a nail biter.
You have a lot of talent....and i never, ever underestimate Brett Farve.

Our pass rush is suspect. We looked like crap last week against the Fins. Injuries to our D are starting to show. And Trent had his first really, really bad game last weekend.

i'm hoping we're prepared, with a decent offensive game plan, and that our D can step up and put pressure on Farve.

Unfortunately, i won't be able to watch the game. i normally catch a live feed when it isn't televised, but tomorrow my husband and i are going to our friends' to drink beer and be fed. So here's to a good, tight, decent, injury free game. i think this is a must win for the Bills.

:beers:

CuseJetsFan83
11-01-2008, 09:41 PM
its a divisional game.... it should be a nail biter...

if i were buffalo i'd try and exploit the paper thin jets defensive secondary.... our pass d ranks in the lowest 3rd of the league, allowing almost 250 yds a game passing...

if buffalo tries to play smashmouth run football, that may bite them in the ass, as the jets rank 4th in the league in yds/game allowed.

if the weather stays the way it has been the past few days, with light winds.

and all games are a must win...... make no mistake..... this is the time to jockey for position so to speak....

im4bflo
11-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Hey, your a cool dude, but bad luck tomorrow, and good luck until Dec 14th,
and then bad luck again that day, and then good luck unless we meet you
in the playoffs somehow :snicker2:
GO BILLS!

Patti120
11-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Great post. The bills have a HUGE Oline that has no attitude unfortunately and has not produced a 100 yard rushing game yet. Sad but true. This has left a sour taste in my mouth all year, as M. Lynch and F. Jackson are solid backs and should be combining for over 100 yards (at least, should be closer to 150 yds) each game. The D line for the bills fails on a consistent basis to get pressure on the QB. The way to beat the bills thus far has been to throw the quick slant which seems impossible for us to defend. Three step drop and hit the receiver seems to be the way to go. We are pretty good against the run though but our secondary is banged up and Tedd Ginn looked like an all pro last week b/c McGee was recovering from a knee injury and was giving a 10 yd. cushion. I'd expect the Jets to try to use the matchup against McGee to their advantage.

Should be a really good game. I can see it going either way. I am hoping that Favre tries to make too much happen and throws multiple INTS but I have a feeling that he's going to clean up his act after the last few games and not make as many mistakes.

Good luck! Here's to no injuries for either team!

yordad
11-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Special teams. If one team can play special teams special, it could be the difference.

Preston on Jenkins. Nuff said.

The health of McGee. Are the Bills CBs going to jam?

The production of Denny. Can he force Favre to force things?

Whether or not the Bills can get adequate production out of a #2 WR. Hardy, Parrish, Johnson, whoever. Someone has to step up because I gave up on two semi-"skill" positions. The Bills cannot get production out of the FB or TE.

Scheme. Do we use Lynch and Jackson at the same time? Do we blitz when our front four ain't getting it done?

Play calling. Do the Bills run a reverse w Parrish early? Do they play-action bomb early? Do they throw some screens? Can they get the Jets to back off Lynch/Jackson a little?

CuseJetsFan83
11-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Special teams. If one team can play special teams special, it could be the difference.

Preston on Jenkins. Nuff said.

The health of McGee. Are the Bills CBs going to jam?

The production of Denny. Can he force Favre to force things?

Whether or not the Bills can get adequate production out of a #2 WR. Hardy, Parrish, Johnson, whoever. Someone has to step up because I gave up on two semi-"skill" positions. The Bills cannot get production out of the FB or TE.

Scheme. Do we use Lynch and Jackson at the same time? Do we blitz when our front four ain't getting it done?

Play calling. Do the Bills run a reverse w Parrish early? Do they play-action bomb early? Do they throw some screens? Can they get the Jets to back off Lynch/Jackson a little?

if denney is playing against d'brickashaw ferguson, i could see ryan having 1-2 sacks....

thats the keymatchup, unless they plan on keeping a TE there as a crutchblocker

HendersonD06
11-01-2008, 10:58 PM
I guess this is the reason why I love BillsZone.Com... As a Jets fan, it's exciting to know that I can actually talk football with opposing fans without getting bashed into the next centruy, I thank you all for that for the simple fact that I'm a Jets fan who actually loves the game of football...Win or lose, this has already been an exciting season for me... The Jets actually have a game this week that means SOMETHING... Who knows what it means? but you know what? Im Excited, and you know what? Thats all I can ask for!

I'm 23 years of age and I have watched film of the 69 Jets for YEARS now... All I know is this...I'm glad the Bills will NEVER leave Buffalo anytime soon because the AFC East with the Jets, Pats, Bills & Phins has to be the best divison in all of sports... I have been on this site since like 05 or 2006, I never like to bash you fans of the Bills because I understand how tough it is to root for teams that you love (Even when they lose) I just post before the season starts and when the Jets play the Bills... Win or Lose, as fans...We both have teams 2 be proud of...Im drunk right now, but...GL.

Coach Sal
11-01-2008, 11:43 PM
What are some keys to the game? Mine are...

#1- M.Lynch against this Jets 3-4 Defense...If the Jets can keep this beast in Lynch under 80 yards...I like our chances.
Lynch rarely gets 80 yards a game this season (has done it one time, and that was only 83). You'll need to try and hold the Bills TEAM to less than 100. As bad as it seems the Bills have run this year, they've hit 100+ in 5 of their 7 games.

#2- Can the Bills front 7 pressure Favre into making costly INT's? If Favre throws two + INT's, things will be ugly for my Jets.
Favre may throw INTs, but it may not even be due to pressure from the front-4. His arm is hurting, and it shows. The Bills have had only 8 sacks the last 6 games.

#3- Revis up against Evans...Thats going to be an AMAZING matchup to watch...
I agree. This game could hinge on which one makes the Big Play!

#4- Who punches who in the mouth first...This game should be a game of momentum and you know what? Who ever puts the heat on first should win this game.
I think it will be decided by which which secondary holds it together longer and not as much by who runs the ball better. I expect the Jets to get their share on the ground.

From a Jets fan: Good Luck Buffalo (We both have exciting teams to be proud of)

I bet we both can agree on one thing... It's about time for the Pats to lose their 3rd game of the season without Brady.

Good Luck. Screw the Pats.

And screw your Jets Sunday, too. ;)

Lexwhat
11-02-2008, 01:44 AM
if denney is playing against d'brickashaw ferguson, i could see ryan having 1-2 sacks....

thats the keymatchup, unless they plan on keeping a TE there as a crutchblocker

I think you're confused. You might be thinking about Aaron Schobel, not Ryan Denney.

Denney is a backup DE who is starting against the Jets because Schobel is injured and out. I doubt Denney will get 2 sacks against Ferguson. Even some QB pressure is a lot to ask for.

Denney only has 2 sacks in his last 14 games.

CuseJetsFan83
11-02-2008, 02:17 AM
I think you're confused. You might be thinking about Aaron Schobel, not Ryan Denney.

Denney is a backup DE who is starting against the Jets because Schobel is injured and out. I doubt Denney will get 2 sacks against Ferguson. Even some QB pressure is a lot to ask for.

Denney only has 2 sacks in his last 14 games.

nope, not confused, and i know he's been in a funk, but d'brickashaw has been our glaring problem on the o-line all year... i wouldn't be surprised to see the bills use denney as a pawn and blitz from that side either....

HAMMER
11-02-2008, 02:19 AM
It will be fun, w/o Harris and Smith the Jets chances are not good. Bills win this one.

CuseJetsFan83
11-02-2008, 02:33 AM
It will be fun, w/o Harris and Smith the Jets chances are not good. Bills win this one.

smith isn't that huge of a loss compared to harris..... BUT..... if the bills continue to be pass heavy.... it might not matter

SquishDaFish
11-02-2008, 03:49 AM
Awesome posting. And heres to no injuries.

p.s. Man you LOVE to say the phrase YOU KNOW WHAT??? :roflmao: Dont know if you ever noticed that.

HendersonD06
11-02-2008, 05:04 PM

Nope...This Jets team just showed a lot of heart on the road, in Buffalo, against a playoff type of team and we walked away with a win when every "Expert" around the NFL really gave the Jets no chance. The Jets are now 4-1 after starting the season off 1-2.

I've been talking about the Jets front 7 all week long, this 3-4 Defense is serious this year... Before this Bills game, we were ranked #4 against the run/only allowing 3.2 yards per carry.

We also had 24 sacks in 7 games here in 2008, #3 in the league I believe. We had 27 sacks all of last year... Calvin Pace and Kris Jenkins has really turned this 3-4 Defense around. How many sacks did we have on Trent Edwards today? 4 or 5?

I knew that Revis up against Lee Evans would be a key matchup and I wont lie...Revis was a game changed today, the kid was everywhere and made an impact INT to finish off the game.

They key to the game was the Jets rush defense... Lynch was sick but still, he couldn't get anything going and Kris Jenkins was simply an animal...He's been playing like this all season long so far.

And how about Brett Favre? The man gets rid of the football without getting sacked with the best of em, yeah...He threw an INT today but he had a solid overall game and our O-Line just started to dominate there in the 4th quarter.

Nothing against Trent Edwards...But Buffalo fans on this site has been knocking Favre all week because he throws INT's but you know what? I would take Favre to lead my team on the road over any other QB in the league... Say what you want, the man is a gun slinger but the fact of the matter is this...He's ONLY had one losing season as a starting QB...Only one losing season? Are you kidding me? The man is a winner...And he shows up for each and every game.

Keys to the game today

Favre vs Trent Edwards= Favre

The Bills rushing attack against the Jets front 7= Jets front 7.

The Jets O-Line against the Bills front 7= Jets O-Line.

Revis up against Lee Evans= Revis.

GG Buffalo fans, but the Jets really dominated this game on the road, the score was closer than what it should have been.

Play of the game: Elam's INT for the TD to end the 1st quarter.

Player of the game: Either Jenkins or Revis...I'm going with Jenkins.

Nighthawk
11-02-2008, 05:10 PM
I've got news for you, your team is not that good. Sorry to bring you down to reality, but it's the truth.

SquishDaFish
11-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Your team really isnt that great. And that score was pretty much how the game was. The Jets didnt dominate but the Bills did help by beating themselves also.

Novacane
11-02-2008, 05:22 PM
I agree with NH. The Jets are not that good a team. Be happy with your win but don't get to high. You just played another team thats not that good.It was a win on the road though so I give credit. Thats not easy to do on the road.

A couple things I don't like about the Jets:

Your coach made an absolutely stupid call taking that penalty and giving the Bills another 3rd down. One of the dumbest coaching decisions I've seen all year. He got lucky thanks to a dropped TD by Jackson and then Trents bone headed INT but Mangini showed he's a moron with that decision IMO. He would have been crucified in the NY press had we scored a TD there like we should have.

Farve......what an idiotic rookie play letting the Bills back in the game there. I would not be excited about him as my QB.

Your D did look impossible to run against but we can't run against anyone. Since this is the first time I've seen the Jets I'm not sure if that was us sucking or you being really good. Prolly a little of both.

HendersonD06
11-02-2008, 05:33 PM
I've got news for you, your team is not that good. Sorry to bring you down to reality, but it's the truth.

Defense Wins Championships and the Jets have one hell of a defense here in 2008!

Kris Jenkins is one of the best NT's in the game today. He's a beast.

Kerry Rhodes is a top 5 safety

Dwight Lowery has the talent and potential to be one of the best #2 CB's for years to come... I knew Revis was a speical rookie last year and I've been saying the same types of things about this rookie this year in Lowery.

Revis is becoming one of the best overall corners in the game today.

Shaun Ellis is the perfect type of fit for this Jets 3-4, he's a bull rusher who is great against the run.

David Harris The leader of this Jets defense...Wish he would have played today because this man can record 20+ tackles in any given game. Vilma who? David Harris IS the Real deal

Calvin Pace The ideal 3-4 OLB, the man can rush from the outside, get after the QB, play on the D-Line... There was a reason why Parcells and the Dolphins were going after this guy during the offseason with guns blazing, they understood that this guy is a game changer for any 3-4 Defense.

Thats actually 7 defensive players who can all make impact plays... Yeah we have players like Bryan Thomas, Vernon Gholston and Eric Barton who all have talent but you know what? Anytime a defense has 7 game changing types of players...You know that you have a solid unit.

Then we have an offense lead by a HOF QB in Brett Favre...A QB who has only had one losing season as a starting QB. We have Coles and Cotchery who make an elite 1-2 connection for just about any QB and Thomas Jones and Leon Washington is the perfect 1-2 Punch. You know whats the best about our offense? Our O-Line with D'Brickishaw Ferguson (Franchise LT), Alan Faneca (One of the best LG's in the game), Nick Mangold (Future All Pro for years to come) Moore and Woody also do a really solid job in holding down the right side of the O-Line.

The Jets will now be ranked top 3 against the run this year...Allowing less than 3.2 yards per carry here in 2008.

We were already ranked #3 in defensive sacks with like 24 in 7 games...How many did we have today? 4 or 5? We should still be top 3 if not better.

And our secondary is full of talent with players such as Rhodes, Revis and now Lowery.

Thats the truth.

All I know is this, I've been a die hard Jets fan since 1995 (10 years old) and you know what? This Jets team of 2008 has more talent than the Jets team of 1998... Unless you have watched the Jets over the years, you would have NO IDEA how much better this team is when thinking about previous years.

We made the playoffs two years ago and guess what? This Jets team would blow that 2006 Jets team out the water

Nighthawk
11-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Defense Wins Championships and the Jets have one hell of a defense here in 2008!

Dwight Lowery has the talent and potential to be one of the best #2 CB's for years to come... I knew Revis was a speical rookie last year and I've been saying the same types of things about this rookie this year in Lowery.

Shaun Ellis is the perfect type of fit for this Jets 3-4, he's a bull rusher who is great against the run.

David Harris The leader of this Jets defense...Wish he would have played today because this man can record 20+ tackles in any given game. Vilma who? David Harris IS the Real deal

Calvin Pace The ideal 3-4 OLB, the man can rush from the outside, get after the QB, play on the D-Line... There was a reason why Parcells and the Dolphins were going after this guy during the offseason with guns blazing, they understood that this guy is a game changer for any 3-4 Defense.

Thats actually 7 defensive players who can all make impact plays... Yeah we have players like Bryan Thomas, Vernon Gholston and Eric Barton who all have talent but you know what? Anytime a defense has 7 game changing types of players...You know that you have a solid unit.

Then we have an offense lead by a HOF QB in Brett Favre...A QB who has only had one losing season as a starting QB. We have Coles and Cotchery who make an elite 1-2 connection for just about any QB and Thomas Jones and Leon Washington is the perfect 1-2 Punch. You know whats the best about our offense? Our O-Line with D'Brickishaw Ferguson (Franchise LT), Alan Faneca (One of the best LG's in the game), Nick Mangold (Future All Pro for years to come) Moore and Woody also do a really solid job in holding down the right side of the O-Line.

The Jets will now be ranked top 3 against the run this year...Allowing less than 3.2 yards per carry here in 2008.

We were already ranked #3 in defensive sacks with like 24 in 7 games...How many did we have today? 4 or 5? We should still be top 3 if not better.

And our secondary is full of talent with players such as Rhodes, Revis and now Lowery.

Thats the truth.

All I know is this, I've been a die hard Jets fan since 1995 (10 years old) and you know what? This Jets team of 2008 has more talent than the Jets team of 1998... Unless you have watched the Jets over the years, you would have NO IDEA how much better this team is when thinking about previous years.

We made the playoffs two years ago and guess what? This Jets team would blow that 2006 Jets team out the water

Keep dreaming my friend. I know that we won't win anything in Buffalo with a sh**ty HC, but it seems that you're in denial about how average your team is. Hey, to each his own.

TacklingDummy
11-02-2008, 05:40 PM

They are better than the Bills though.

TacklingDummy
11-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Your team really isnt that great. And that score was pretty much how the game was. The Jets didnt dominate but the Bills did help by beating themselves also.

See above.

Novacane
11-02-2008, 05:41 PM
We moved the ball at will against that supposed vaunted defense in the first half and that was with ZERO running game. Come back at the end of the season and tell us how great the Jets are. I bet you won't

Novacane
11-02-2008, 05:42 PM

Neither teams fans has anything to be getting all excited about IMO.

Nighthawk
11-02-2008, 05:42 PM

You know that I don't overrate the Bills.

TacklingDummy
11-02-2008, 05:54 PM

Except Jets fans can be excited about the Jets winning and Bills fans can't be excited about today.
And they play St. Louis next week so they should be 6-3, where as the Bills play New England and most likely will be 5-4.

Novacane
11-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Except Jets fans can be excited about the Jets winning and Bills fans can't be excited about today.
And they play St. Louis next week so they should be 6-3, where as the Bills play New England and most likely will be 5-4.

Agree. My arguement with Henderson is where he seems to think this Jets team is going. .He used the word championship in one of his posts. A lot of over enthusiastic Bills fans were doing that a couple weeks ago. In a month he'll feel like we do today if the Jets don't play a hell of a lot better than they did today. That was not a championship team

SeatownBillsFan21
11-02-2008, 06:07 PM
WE gave tis game to you guys today nuff said boom outta here

TacklingDummy
11-02-2008, 06:12 PM
That was not a championship team

Agreed

Only 6 teams in the AFC are above .500.
3 of those teams are 5-3 (Bills, Jets, Ravens)
2 of those teams are 5-2 (Yet to play today, NE/Pitt)

The AFC is in bad shape this year.
8 of 12 teams .500 or better

The NFC has 9 teams over .500.
12 of 16 teams .500 or better.

yordad
11-02-2008, 06:44 PM
The Bills got dominated? I'm thinking this game ends very different if we could have 2 plays over.

Cntrygal
11-02-2008, 06:45 PM
:(

Congratulations Jets fans.........

:cheers:

shelby
11-02-2008, 07:32 PM
You know what? Congrats on the win, well done.
It just may be too soon to expect us to celebrate with you.

HendersonD06
11-02-2008, 08:03 PM

Are you kidding me? The Jets made the playoffs in 2006, last year was a season where we were forced to play a QB in Kellen, who, well, wasn't really any good. The Jets are a solid team here in 2008 with Favre running the show, we are a playoff type of team.

We have one of the best front 7's in all of football with Jenkins leading the way. Our secondary is full of young talent with Kerry Rhodes, Revis and now our rookie Dwight Lowery.

We are top 3 in the league in sacks after 8 games with like 28 sacks and we are ranked within the top 3 against the run only allowing around 3 yards per carry... We have a Defense and thats something no fan of opposing teams can take away from this Jets team.

We also have a QB in Favre who has only had 1 losing season as an NFL QB...One losing season? Are you kidding me? Thats amazing and the fact of the matter is this...#4 is a winner and a QB who plays the game with a will to win.

"Neither teams fans have anything to be getting all excited about"

Wow...Are you kidding me man? Maybe Buffalo fans are getting worried because the team started what? 4-0 or something like that? You all now have 3 L's so yeah...Maybe Buffalo fans cant be excited but let me tell you something...Jet fans are loving the **** outta this Jets team here in 2008! We started off slow with a 1-2 record but guess what? We have went 4-1 since then and our Defense continues to get better with each and every game (The Oakland game was just a bad game)

Nothing to be excited about? We are about to play the Rams with a chance to improve to 6-3 on the year and then we play the Patriots right after the Rams for 1st place in the AFC East! The Patriots will be without Brady and Maroney and I could see the Jets in 1st place in two weeks.

Nothing to be excited about? The Bills have not been a playoff team for some time now, but the Jets...As fans, we have had some playoff teams in the past and this is by far, the best Jets team since 1998.

Nighthawk
11-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Are you kidding me? The Jets made the playoffs in 2006, last year was a season where we were forced to play a QB in Kellen, who, well, wasn't really any good. The Jets are a solid team here in 2008 with Favre running the show, we are a playoff type of team.

We have one of the best front 7's in all of football with Jenkins leading the way. Our secondary is full of young talent with Kerry Rhodes, Revis and now our rookie Dwight Lowery.

We are top 3 in the league in sacks after 8 games with like 28 sacks and we are ranked within the top 3 against the run only allowing around 3 yards per carry... We have a Defense and thats something no fan of opposing teams can take away from this Jets team.

We also have a QB in Favre who has only had 1 losing season as an NFL QB...One losing season? Are you kidding me? Thats amazing and the fact of the matter is this...#4 is a winner and a QB who plays the game with a will to win.

"Neither teams fans have anything to be getting all excited about"

Wow...Are you kidding me man? Maybe Buffalo fans are getting worried because the team started what? 4-0 or something like that? You all now have 3 L's so yeah...Maybe Buffalo fans cant be excited but let me tell you something...Jet fans are loving the **** outta this Jets team here in 2008! We started off slow with a 1-2 record but guess what? We have went 4-1 since then and our Defense continues to get better with each and every game (The Oakland game was just a bad game)

Nothing to be excited about? We are about to play the Rams with a chance to improve to 6-3 on the year and then we play the Patriots right after the Rams for 1st place in the AFC East! The Patriots will be without Brady and Maroney and I could see the Jets in 1st place in two weeks.

Nothing to be excited about? The Bills have not been a playoff team for some time now, but the Jets...As fans, we have had some playoff teams in the past and this is by far, the best Jets team since 1998.

Seriously, are you on drugs? Your team is nowhere near a contender for anything! Wow, stop sipping the kool-aid.

billogic99
11-02-2008, 08:31 PM

Thats the truth.

The Jets should be with the amount of money they spent this off season, good win for your team congrats.

HendersonD06
11-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Seriously, are you on drugs? Your team is nowhere near a contender for anything! Wow, stop sipping the kool-aid.

Defense Wins Championships and this Jets Defense is one of the best in the league.

And guess what? The Jets made the playoffs in 2006 (That was Mangini's 1st year as head coach) We have since gotten better, much better. In 2006, our rush defense was ranked 24th (130 yards per game) Not the case anymore!

Since then...We have drafted and signed players such as... Just check out who the Jets starters are here in 2008, check out the Starters on the 2006 playoff team.

Brett Favre (HOF QB) Chad Pennington who?

Kris Jenkins (Top 5 NT) Dewayne Robertson who?

Calvin Pace (Best OLB the Jets have had in years) Victor Hobson who?

Thomas Jones (Led the Bears offense to the SB) Kevin Barlow and Cedric
Houston as our 1-2 punch? lol, are you kidding me? Thomas Jones and Leon Washington BLOW them away.

Alan Faneca (Top 5 LG in the game today) Pete Kendall who?

Damien Woody- Woody was a starter for the Patriots when they won their 1st SB with Brady. Adrian Jones who?

Tony Richardson (One of the best blocking FB's to ever play the game) B.J Askew who?

Oh yeah... When we made the playoffs in 2006 D'Brickishaw Ferguson was our starting LT and Nick Mangold was our Starting Center...They were BOTH rookies and guess what? Those rookie mistakes are now behind them and you know why? Because they are both 3rd year starters as we speak.

We have also drafted...

Darrell Revis (The best corner in the AFC East right now, hands down...One of the best overall corners in the game today)

Dwight Lowery (He's one exciting rookie Cornerback!)

David Harris (Wanna talk about a machine? This MLB took the league by storm last year as a rookie LB... Vilma who? Vilma is a great 4-3 MLB but the fact of the matter is this... David Harris is a beast interms of a 3-4 IMLB, something that Vilma wasn't.

Vernon Gholston (He has the potential and talent to be a great LB for years to come, it's just a matter of time before he puts it all onto the field)

Leon Washington (He was actually a member of the 2006 Jets team as a rookie but you know what? He started the season as the Jets #4 overall back, he's now our #2.

I wouldn't expect you to know anything about the Jets because it's clear that you know nothing when you say BS like "The Jets are nowhere near contenders" It's clear to see that you know nothing about the 2006 Jets team that made the playoffs because if you did...You would FEAR this 2008 Jets team. It's not even close, this Jets team of 2008 has talent @ every position and would beat the Jets of 2006 by ATLEAST 17 points.

Say what you want...The fact of the matter is this...The Jets ARE contenders.

CuseJetsFan83
11-03-2008, 02:55 AM
god this kid is a troll... does this every year

anywho, it WAS a close game til the jets finally got their head out of the rear and started to keep control of the ball...

we are an average team in terms of, we aren't flashy, but are rush D has been great all year..... our achillies on both sides is passing... i will not say anything regarding the C word, but i wouldn't be surprised considering how weak the AFC is recordwise (all teams beating everyone else....) 9-7 or 10-6 might be good enough this year...... especially if tennesee continues to win....

the year ain't over...... and i'd expect next weeks game against st louis to be a rough one, as well as your game against new england......

november 13 will be the tough game..... if the jets can beat the patriots, maybe i'll change my mind on the chances of being a contender..... but as of now, i still see us as middle of the road

billogic99
11-03-2008, 07:20 AM
WE gave tis game to you guys today nuff said boom outta here

Wasn't that the same argument last week against Miami? If the Bills lose, it's only because the game is given away??

Novacane
11-03-2008, 08:02 AM

They beat the BIlls. They're freakin awesome man