PDA

View Full Version : 5 Star Scouting Report

shelby
11-02-2008, 06:29 AM
1. Faith in Favre. Brett Favre has given the Jets something they’ve lacked: a strong-armed passer who can make plays from anywhere on the field. Favre is the ultimate risk-taker, which often gets him and his team in trouble. But the Jets believe they always have a chance with him under center. Although Favre’s chemistry with WRs Laveranues Coles, Jerricho Cotchery and Chansi Stuckey is a work in progress, the passing game has produced big plays. TEs Chris Baker and Dustin Keller, a rookie, are threats over the middle and in the red zone.
2. The new Sack Exchange. The Jets registered only 29 sacks last season but already have 24 in 2008 (third) and are on pace for 54. DE Shaun Ellis (six sacks) and OLBs Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas have been the primary playmakers, while NT Kris Jenkins collapses the pocket. The Bills, who have allowed 18 sacks, must protect QB Trent Edwards, who if given time might find openings in a Jets defense that’s ranked 23rd in pass yards allowed. A big matchup will be Bills WR Lee Evans, right, against Jets CB Darrelle Revis. Look for Buffalo to pick on rookie CB Dwight Lowery, who is more susceptible to big plays.
3. Nowhere to run. The Bills and Jets may have to rely on the pass a lot because both defenses are very stingy against the run. The Bills allow only 99.3 yards
per game, 13th-best in the NFL. The Jets have been more stifling, ranking fourth in yards allowed (82.6) and yards per carry (3.2). The Bills (Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson) and the Jets (Thomas Jones and Leon Washington) have talented backs with diverse styles. The team that sticks with the run could ultimately control the tempo of the game.

more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/481684.html)

HendersonD06
11-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Wow Shelby...This was an awsome read...This is starting to feel like a playoff game!

This game is huge (For both teams)

HendersonD06
11-02-2008, 08:39 AM
A big matchup will be Bills WR Lee Evans, right, against Jets CB Darrelle Revis. Look for Buffalo to pick on rookie CB Dwight Lowery, who is more susceptible to big plays.

I agree with the first part... Lee Evans against Darrelle Revis will be a huge matchup and honestly...It can go either way.

But you know what? Dwight Lowery has been amazing this year for the Jets as a rookie Corner! I remember last year, watching Revis...I was like "Wow, this dude can play" And this year...Me and my older bro have been saying the same things about Lowery just about every week...This dude can play with the best of em.

Yeah, he may give up a big play here and there but the fact of the matter is this...I cant see teams actually "picking on Lowery" like he's a scrub because this kid can cover, wrap up and break on the ball...I love him already.

As a Jets fan, I was pumped up about drafting Vernon Gholston, I guess it's just a matter of time before Gholston gets the playing time but as of right now... Dwight Lowery has been exciting to watch