PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards:

kgun12
11-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Wakes up!

Defenses have figured him out just like they did when Alex Van Pelt was our QB! Prevent the short pass, cause he can't beat you long!!!

Novacane
11-02-2008, 02:36 PM
That is a myth. Edwards has proven he can make the long throw.we are not even running any deep routes today. Thats the gameplan for some stupid reason

LtFinFan66
11-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Wakes up!

Defenses have figured him out just like they did when Alex Van Pelt was our QB! Prevent the short pass, cause he can't beat you long!!!Nice to see you sir

kgun12
11-02-2008, 02:45 PM
BTW...we don't make the playoffs.

kgun12
11-02-2008, 02:59 PM
That is a myth. Edwards has proven he can make the long throw.we are not even running any deep routes today. Thats the gameplan for some stupid reason

Cover the short routes, get pressure. He is holkding the baal too long. He looks like JP!

Nighthawk
11-02-2008, 03:05 PM

You might be right, but it's not because of Trent...it's because the coaching on this team is horrible. What a mistake it was to extend loser Jauron for 3 more years. This organization will feel the results of that decision for years to come...NOT GOOD!

CLo_in_Roch
11-02-2008, 03:09 PM
And he throws short because that group of lard a**es in front of him can't seem to move people around enough to have Lynch and Jackson run to the second level.

Philagape
11-02-2008, 03:19 PM
What I bet is happening is with more experience and confidence, he wants to go downfield more. He's taking too much time looking for that. Problem is, this team just doesn't have the horses for a downfield game. Where teams have adjusted to him is taking away the intermediate routes that he's so good at.
He needs to get back to quick, short throws ... slants, curls, quick ins and outs. And hope to draw the DBs in enough so Evans can break one eventually. It's boring, but it's worked for him.

Philagape
11-02-2008, 03:20 PM
And he is missing Josh Reed.

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 03:23 PM
You guys make me laugh!

His stats today...24-35 for 289 yards!

Running Game...17 attempts for 30 yards!

YES BLAME THE QUARTEBACK!

HOW ABOUT LYNCH THE BEAST!

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Actually, some of you are right and I am wrong, PUT IN LOSMAN!!!

justasportsfan
11-02-2008, 03:27 PM
excuses

Borosai
11-02-2008, 03:27 PM
He threw 2 bad interceptions, and it would've been three if the Jets' player hadn't dropped one. He fumbled again, and took too many sacks instead of throwing it away.

The running game sucks because of the line. Lynch and Jackson break tackles basically every time... unfortunately, they are forced to break them at the line of scrimmage.

It all starts with the coaching though.

mybills
11-02-2008, 03:29 PM
He is holding the ball too long. He looks like JP!
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!
And Rob Johnson. If not...***** BLEDSOE!

Philagape
11-02-2008, 03:30 PM
You guys make me laugh!

His stats today...24-35 for 289 yards!

Running Game...17 attempts for 30 yards!

YES BLAME THE QUARTEBACK!

HOW ABOUT LYNCH THE BEAST!

Nobody in this thread blamed it all on him. And his sacks and turnovers, on which he deserves much of the blame, rendered his numbers meaningless.

I posted last week bemoaning the fact that people think criticism of a player is blaming him alone, and here we go again.

justasportsfan
11-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Nobody in this thread blamed it all on him. And his sacks and turnovers, on which he deserves much of the blame, rendered his numbers meaningless.

I posted last week bemoaning the fact that people think criticism of a player is blaming him alone, and here we go again.
says the guy who blamed it all on JP.

mybills
11-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Who doesn't think Trent held on to the ball too long?

NOBODY.

Luisito23
11-02-2008, 03:35 PM

I agree, and if by some miracle we do make it, we will get blown away by either Tennessee or whoever else!

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 03:35 PM
And my other point is that the COBWEBS have not cleared for him since the CONCUSSION but 50% of EDWARDS is better than 100% of LOSMAN!

Give the 2nd year player a break.

GO look at Manning ( both ) and other great quarterbacks and compare their first 16 games!

bigbub2352
11-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Bad offensive line play. poor running game all contrigutes to a QB strugglin
He is trying to make plays and forcing the ball
Not his fault our WRs cant consistently get open,
They never go long and back the d off
Our FB is a joke and cant lead block or pass protect
and he hasnt started 16 games yet
Trent isnt the problem
Draft and Coaching has been the problem for 8 years now

mybills
11-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Even if nobody was open...what part of GET RID OF THE BALL didn't he understand today? C'mon people. He sucked today as bad as he was awesome in other games.
If you can't admit that, your opinion/posts mean nothing.

Nighthawk
11-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Even if nobody was open...what part of GET RID OF THE BALL didn't he understand today? C'mon people. He sucked today as bad as he was awesome in other games.
If you can't admit that, your opinion/posts mean nothing.

He was bad today, no doubt about that.

Captain gameboy
11-02-2008, 04:52 PM
I thought Edwards made about ten plays today that Losman in nowhere near capable of making.

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 04:56 PM
I thought Edwards was AVERAGE!

and AVERAGE is better than our second option!

acehole
11-02-2008, 05:03 PM

Let the excuses begin....

kgun12
11-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Bad offensive line play. poor running game all contrigutes to a QB strugglin
He is trying to make plays and forcing the ball
Not his fault our WRs cant consistently get open,
They never go long and back the d off
Our FB is a joke and cant lead block or pass protect
and he hasnt started 16 games yet
Trent isnt the problem
Draft and Coaching has been the problem for 8 years now

I believe this is what all of us said about JP and we were told

EXCUSSES!!!

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 05:09 PM
I love to laugh at the JP lovers! ( they are the same as the RJ lovers )

Difference between the 2 is that Trent is 100 times the player on an average day than Losman is on a good day!

I cant state enough the stats, 24-35 for 289 with 1 meaningless int!

Captain gameboy
11-02-2008, 05:12 PM

Difference between the 2 is that Trent is 100 times the player on an average day than Losman is on a good day!

?

1 meaningless interception.

Was Lincoln's night out one meaningless theatrical play?

Jeez, I think Trent played OK today, but there was something missing in your post.

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Sorry for being unclear

I have been posting all day that it is not, and I repeat NOT TEs fault for losign this game!

So I will repeat again

an O-Line
Better coaching decisions and... MOST IMPORTANTLY
a Defense that can apply pressure would have ensured an EASY WIN TODAY!

IT IS NOT TEs FAULT!

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Oh yeah, and about the MEANINGLESS INT...

Whether they score the TD the game is still over.

So he threw one bad INT in the first QUARTER... THAT WAS IT! I believe the Defense let the Jets march all day and Jackson ( or Parrish ) dropped an easy screen pass which would have scored and easy 7!

SquishDaFish
11-02-2008, 05:22 PM
The whole O sucked. But teams have figured Trent out. And he made some boneheaded throws today the INT and one that should of been an INT. Stupid plays by him the last 2 games.

Philagape
11-02-2008, 05:23 PM
The whole O sucked. But teams have figured Trent out. And he made some boneheaded throws today the INT and one that should of been an INT. Stupid plays by him the last 2 games.

"it's a team game! it's a team game!"

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Teams have not figured TRENT OUT!

Teams have figured the BILLS OUT!

What cant you get from his 24-35 for 289 yards!

If you could mix that with a RUNNING GAME this game would have been a BLOWOUT!

Seriously, name me one quarterback other than the Mannings and Brady that you would rather have on your team!

THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT!

TacklingDummy
11-02-2008, 05:31 PM
He threw 2 bad interceptions.

1 terrible INT.
The one in garbage time doesn't mean crap. Just like if he threw a TD instead. The game was over at that point.

Philagape
11-02-2008, 05:33 PM

Points.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-02-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm not calling for JP but Trent needs to take his game to the next level.witch im sure he is capable of doing if not this team is done

ParanoidAndroid
11-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Teams have not figured TRENT OUT!

Teams have figured the BILLS OUT!

If you could mix that with a RUNNING GAME this game would have been a BLOWOUT!

Seriously, name me one quarterback other than the Mannings and Brady that you would rather have on your team!

THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT!

Drew Brees, Aaron Rogers, McNabb, Romo, Cutler, Rivers..... was that a serious question?

I'm not blaming Trent for the loss, but he definitely contributed to it with a couple of key mistakes. I'm in agreement with several posters that a running game would take some pressure off the guy. Why this o-line can't seem to run block, I don't know, but if they don't figure it out, we will not make the playoffs.

The defense played a decent 1st half, but did not make the necessary adjustments after the Jets began hitting passes over the top of the blitz in the 2nd half.

This was a frustrating game much like last week. It looked eerily similar.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Trent needs to step it up in the Film room and on the field or this year is 7-9 8-8 at best

Philagape
11-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Drew Brees, Aaron Rogers, McNabb, Romo, Cutler, Rivers..... was that a serious question?

I dunno, watching Cutler today, he's really reckless

TacklingDummy
11-02-2008, 05:58 PM
The best thing that could help Trent is for BEASTMODE to start producing and the receivers to get open.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-02-2008, 06:02 PM
not with the kind of run blocking we saw today if we dont fix that this team is doomed imo

kgun12
11-02-2008, 06:18 PM

Not a JP lover, but definitely not an Edwards lover either. I don't think we have an NFL caliber QB on this team. As to the excusses point, they were considered excusses for JP and I consider them excusses for Trent.

djjimkelly
11-02-2008, 06:19 PM
The best thing that could help Trent is for BEASTMODE to start producing and the receivers to get open.

the best thing for him would be for jauron to quit

Lefty2985
11-02-2008, 08:48 PM
You guys are crazy to blame him. the int was a bad throw other then that good game. the 2nd int was a last ditch effort to make something happen! Maybe if our overpaid o-line could run block it would help the passing game! It is very obvious that we can run block against a college team!! Get some ppl on there will an attitute to knock someone out!!!!

Oaf
11-03-2008, 12:41 AM
He was considerably worse today then against Miami.

justasportsfan
11-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Not a JP lover, but definitely not an Edwards lover either. I don't think we have an NFL caliber QB on this team. As to the excusses point, they were considered excusses for JP and I consider them excusses for Trent.

Trent is not beyond criticism. He screws up we'll call it . We don't put the entire blame on QB (Trent) like the JP haters do.

justasportsfan
11-03-2008, 09:08 AM
You guys are crazy to blame him. the int was a bad throw other then that good game. the 2nd int was a last ditch effort to make something happen! Maybe if our overpaid o-line could run block it would help the passing game! It is very obvious that we can run block against a college team!! Get some ppl on there will an attitute to knock someone out!!!!
HIs mistakes outweigh his positives.