PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I've learned over the last two weeks...

TheBrownBear
11-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Here's what I've learned over the last two weeks:

- We are mediocre in all aspects. Defensive talent, offensive talent and coaching - are all average at best.

- We must play mistake-free football to beat all but the most pitiful teams in the league (St. Louis, Oakland). If we turn the ball over, make silly mistakes and stupid penalties, and make bonehead coaching decisions, we will lose. We don't have the talent to overcome mistakes.

- We have no running game. Teams are daring us to run and we just can't do it. If you think the past two weeks have been bad, just wait until the temperature dips into the 30's and the weather gets nasty.

- This team will not make the playoffs. No running game and a mediocre defense equate to a late season collapse. At this point it actually looks likely that we will finish in last place in the division.

billogic99
11-02-2008, 03:03 PM
...and still can't win against teams with a winning record.

Crisis
11-02-2008, 03:04 PM
our running game is the worst in the league. we get no push, there's no holes, when there's actually room to the outside lynch/jackson just dive into the pile.

jenkins owned the interior of our line all day. no way a defensive tackle should be getting that kind of pressure on trent.

TheBrownBear
11-02-2008, 03:06 PM
our running game is the worst in the league. we get no push, there's no holes, when there's actually room to the outside lynch/jackson just dive into the pile.

jenkins owned the interior of our line all day. no way a defensive tackle should be getting that kind of pressure on trent.

That's a large part of it. The line sucks, no doubt. But our backs are just really overrated.

Crisis
11-02-2008, 03:07 PM
i dont think the backs are the problem. everytime they get the ball they have to fight off contact at or before the LOS, our run blocking is just ******edly bad.

whittle got destroyed today

mac missed the blitz pickup on the edwards fumble, i think that screen would've been a huge gain too but i'm judging on the camera angle i saw, so who knows

Mad Bomber
11-02-2008, 03:08 PM
- This team will not make the playoffs. No running game and a mediocre defense equate to a late season collapse. At this point it actually looks likely that we will finish in last place in the division.
9-7...out of the playoffs. 0-6 in the division.

OpIv37
11-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Here's what I've learned over the last two weeks:

- We are mediocre in all aspects. Defensive talent, offensive talent and coaching - are all average at best.

- We must play mistake-free football to beat all but the most pitiful teams in the league (St. Louis, Oakland). If we turn the ball over, make silly mistakes and stupid penalties, and make bonehead coaching decisions, we will lose. We don't have the talent to overcome mistakes.

- We have no running game. Teams are daring us to run and we just can't do it. If you think the past two weeks have been bad, just wait until the temperature dips into the 30's and the weather gets nasty.

I've been trying to say that all season but no one wanted to listen. Glad some of you are finally catching on.

Luisito23
11-02-2008, 03:10 PM
I don't care what anyone says but Lynch really does suck!

jamze132
11-02-2008, 03:13 PM
The interior of the O-line is absolutely horrible. There is no way we are going to win 5 more games like this.

We need to focus on the trenches in the next draft and FA. This is absolutely ridiculous.

TheBrownBear
11-02-2008, 03:17 PM
I've been trying to say that all season but no one wanted to listen. Glad some of you are finally catching on.

Well, I gave the team the benefit of the doubt, because outside of the JP-led Arizona game, they had managed to play relatively mistake free football and compiled a 5-1 record. I think the San Diego game really fooled a bunch of us into thinking that the Bills were better than they actually are. Turns out that San Diego sucks and will be lucky to win 7 games this year.