PDA

View Full Version : Reason why Trent sucked today

Mitchell55
11-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Last week he was talking about how he went through his progressions to quickly, then he tried to go slower this week and went to slow. He needs to find the in between.

X-Era
11-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Last week he was talking about how he went through his progressions to quickly, then he tried to go slower this week and went to slow. He needs to find the in between.

Were in year 2 with the guy and hes still needing to figure out how to go through his progressions?

This team had complete control over their destiny, they sat in sole possession of 1st place.

Instead they will be lucky if they maintain even a tie for 1st after this week.

They have no one to blame but themselves.

Crisis
11-02-2008, 03:10 PM
the reason is teams can rush 4 all day and still generate pressure.

since reed is out no one can consistently get open.

we have ZERO running game and are as one dimensional as it gets on offense

hdeep9213
11-02-2008, 03:10 PM
he sucked bc he bought into his own hype...plus josh reed wasnt playing which doesnt help..also whittle and preston suck and got raped all game

DBrown77
11-02-2008, 03:16 PM
he sucked because there is no running game and the offense was on his shoulders. add that to him holding on to the ball for some reason now

jamze132
11-02-2008, 03:18 PM
It's hard for any QB, not to mention a sophmore to be successful when you O-line is being blown back in your face 90% of the time. C and RG are in need of a HUGE upgrade or this team will never make the playoffs. Oh, and get rid of Fewell and his bull****, laid back schemes.

TheBrownBear
11-02-2008, 03:21 PM
the reason is teams can rush 4 all day and still generate pressure.

since reed is out no one can consistently get open.

we have ZERO running game and are as one dimensional as it gets on offense

Ding. Ding. Ding. Trent has been bad, but that's what happens when you have to carry the weight of the entire team on your back. He knows he must be perfect or we will lose.

mybills
11-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Favre is his IDOL. That's why he sucked today.

Mad Bomber
11-02-2008, 03:27 PM
It's hard for any QB, not to mention a sophmore to be successful when you O-line is being blown back in your face 90% of the time. C and RG are in need of a HUGE upgrade or this team will never make the playoffs. Oh, and get rid of Fewell and his bull****, laid back schemes.

:bf1:

justasportsfan
11-02-2008, 03:30 PM
It's hard for any QB, not to mention a sophmore to be successful when you O-line is being blown back in your face 90% of the time. C and RG are in need of a HUGE upgrade or this team will never make the playoffs. Oh, and get rid of Fewell and his bull****, laid back schemes.we tried that excuse with the other qb. didn't work. It's all the qb's fault.

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Trent WAS NOT BAD!

He was average!

And I will take an AVERAGE TE over a good JP!

His pocket presence is good and his OLINE is terrible!

24-35 for 289 is good enough to win!

Is it his fault that his DEFENSE and coach play calling sucks!

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 03:46 PM
By the way Justasportsfan, we all know you name is LONG for JPFAN!

GET IT IN YOUR THICK HEAD,,, JP LOSMAN WILL NEVER BE A STARTER IN THE NFL!

justasportsfan
11-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Trent WAS NOT BAD!

He was average!

And I will take an AVERAGE TE over a good JP!

His pocket presence is good and his OLINE is terrible!

24-35 for 289 is good enough to win!

Is it his fault that his DEFENSE and coach play calling sucks!
Uh, we lost.

JP had a 100 qb rating vs. the cards w/ barely having any snaps at practice.

Trent is still the better qb, but cmon. He had a terrible game.

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 03:48 PM
GET OVER THE JP THING,

HE IS DONE IN BUFFALO!

justasportsfan
11-02-2008, 03:49 PM
By the way Justasportsfan, we all know you name is LONG for JPFAN!

GET IT IN YOUR THICK HEAD,,, JP LOSMAN WILL NEVER BE A STARTER IN THE NFL! wrong. I said Trent is the better qb. Learn to read. It's just that JP is not as bad as you guys thought. Bad OL, bad coaching will cause your Qb to fail. that was evident today , vs. fins and when JP was the qb.

justasportsfan
11-02-2008, 03:50 PM
GET OVER THE JP THING,

HE IS DONE IN BUFFALO!

I know that. You're still wrong though. Trent had a bad game.

tat2dmike77
11-02-2008, 03:50 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post2720032 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because Chimpanze is on your ignore list (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/profile.php?do=editlist).</SPAN>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I encourage everyone else to do the same

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 03:51 PM
I watched the WHOLE GAME all the way from BRAZIL!

Yes he made a bad decision on the interception for 7 points but we should have been playing for a minimum of 3 points!

Secondly, we should have kicked the field goal on 4 and 1!

Thirdly, we should have never tried the fake punt. That showed our 0 faith with the defense!

We were down 6 pointd and tried a fake punt!

YES, BLAME TRENT,

AGAIN,

24-35 for 289 yards ( with a meaningless INT )

ALL OF HIS FAULT, LOL!

mybills
11-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Trent had a bad game.
Exactly!

mybills
11-02-2008, 03:53 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post2720032 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because Chimpanze is on your ignore list (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/profile.php?do=editlist).</SPAN>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I encourage everyone else to do the same
:rofl:

justasportsfan
11-02-2008, 03:54 PM
ALL OF HIS FAULT, LOL!
that not what I say but thats the philosophy of some of the people here

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 03:54 PM
OH no, I am on the IGNORE list of TAT because I have an opinion!

Go ahead, IGNORE!

I dont think TRENT played that bad! I think putting points on the board and making smart decisions helps chemistry!

I also watched JP play for a few years and it was terrible for my blood pressure

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Hey JASF,

I am pissed just like everyone else but its not an average Trent Edwards that cost us the game!

Look at the Defense, look at the play calling, look at the running game!

My point is, I would take a quarterback who throws 24-35 for 289 anytime!

justasportsfan
11-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Hey JASF,

I am pissed just like everyone else but its not an average Trent Edwards that cost us the game!

those stats mean nothing when his negative plays outwiegh the positives.

THe entire O had a bad game and so did Trent. Stop trying to make it loook like he didn't. The game is clearer here than it is in Brazil... :snicker:

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 04:04 PM
LOL! You got that right! Reception in Brazil is terrible!

But on the positive side, I never thought they were going to lose when they had the ball!

Its when the Jets had the ball that I knew we were in trouble!

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Also, as I have posted before, suffering a concussion doesnt automatically clear during a bye week!

He is healthy to play but I am sure he is still suffering from symptoms and from bad memory

yordad
11-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Last week he was talking about how he went through his progressions to quickly, then he tried to go slower this week and went to slow. He needs to find the in between.i THINK HE BOUGHT INTO HIS OWN HYPE

Captain gameboy
11-02-2008, 04:38 PM
I watched the WHOLE GAME all the way from BRAZIL!

Yes he made a bad decision on the interception for 7 points but we should have been playing for a minimum of 3 points!

Secondly, we should have kicked the field goal on 4 and 1!

Thirdly, we should have never tried the fake punt. That showed our 0 faith with the defense!

We were down 6 pointd and tried a fake punt!

YES, BLAME TRENT,

AGAIN,

24-35 for 289 yards ( with a meaningless INT )

ALL OF HIS FAULT, LOL!

Where in Brazil?

I thought Trent played pretty well.

The pick for a td was a mistake, but if Roscoe doesn't slip on the cut we might not be talking about it.
He clearly under threw Hardy on the second pick, but that is a thing between receiver and qb more than a simple under throw. In other words, it had nothing to do with arm strength.

Other than that, we have been grossly exposed as a team that simply cannot run the ball ever, against any reasonable front four.

Given that, we are expecting way, way too much out of a kid that is far ahead of expectations.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-02-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm thinking the hype went to his head after the SD game he was all over the place this was his 17 game and people are handing him all kinds of praise for his play but really what has he done lately?? 3 t.o. today and a bad handoff that was lucky not to have gone the other way.Time to get your a$$ back to the film room and cram for NE next week cause if we lose that game this team is done IMO.

Illmatic15
11-02-2008, 07:01 PM
It would be nice if he had some sort of scarmbling ability, especially in this era where the D is way more athletic..

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2008, 07:13 PM
The problem is our interior OL, Whittle and Fowler just aren't cutting it, Jenkins consistently beat them both today.

LtFinFan66
11-03-2008, 04:28 AM
Favre is his IDOL. That's why he sucked today.Who, that 1st ballot HOF guy

Chimpanze
11-03-2008, 05:47 AM
Im a Canadian living in Curitiba Brazil and it kills me to be here everytime football season starts!

Ive been here almost 2 years and finally this year the internet has been good enough that I have watched 6 out of 8 Bills game through TVU, JustinTV or Sopcast. Sopcast being the worst out of the 3!

Anywho, I still maintain Trent didnt play that bad.

Yasgur's Farm
11-03-2008, 06:07 AM
Just for the record...

1) Trent's fumble led to Jets 3.
2) Trent's interception led to Jets 7.
3) Trent's interception probably cost the Bills 3.

Add those up... 13 points.
Bills lost by 9.

How does my math look in Brazil.

All that said... Trent is the QB of the future for Buffalo.

X-Era
11-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Were in year 2 with the guy and hes still needing to figure out how to go through his progressions?

This team had complete control over their destiny, they sat in sole possession of 1st place.

Instead they will be lucky if they maintain even a tie for 1st after this week.

They have no one to blame but themselves.

NE lost... we got lucky.

TigerJ
11-03-2008, 07:42 AM
I wouldn't say Edwards suckd. He had a handful of bad playsHe should have eaten the ball on his first int. On the second one, it was a last second desperation pass that he had tothrow. Under different circumstances, he wouldn't have called the same play at all. He should have thrown the ball a bit higher where Hardy could have out leaped the defender, but as they say football is a game of inches. Edwards has to get better, but so does the blocking in the line. It's like every week the Bills are facing the best DT in the league. Um, no, the Bills can't blockThe Bills need to draft a center and guard in the top half of the draft ANDhave to start holding Kugler accountable. Maybe that's a coaching change Jauron has to make in the offseason.

mybills
11-03-2008, 07:46 AM
My son said he looked like Bledsoe.
I agreed.
I just hope he doesn't look like that next week.

acehole
11-03-2008, 08:14 AM

Funny how those who once suppoerted the other guy were not able to use this as an excuse....

What happened to the "Edawrds clock is broken" Threads?

acehole
11-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Hey JASF,

hahaha love these excuses....sorry the great trapese and the great funtimesyo has band these as legit arguments.

jamze132
11-03-2008, 03:55 PM
we tried that excuse with the other qb. didn't work. It's all the qb's fault.
This rhetoric is getting old.

jamze132
11-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Did Trent Edwards make costly mistakes? No doubt about it. Did our O-line block like ****, again? No doubt about it. Mix those two together and it's a recipe for disaster.

I would put most of the blame on the O-line but not all of it. Trent takes some of the blame too but if my grandmother had time to stand in the pocket, she would make less mistakes than if she had to hit the turbo button on the wheel chair to escape paralysis. It's that simple.

If Trent has time, he will tear it up. But if Schonert sees that our O-line isn't providing enough time for Trent to go through his reads, he needs to call more max-protection or better yet, roll-outs designed to get him the additional second to make the proper read. And not to mention what a roll-out does for the defense as well as the offense, but... when the QB rolls out, LBs tend to pursue leaving a back or a TE wide open in the flats.

I also think Trent needs to do a better job at reading the defense and adjusting when need-be. But that will come with experience so I am not concerned at all.

acehole
11-03-2008, 06:43 PM
We could of had farve and a playoff birth...

Instead this team has to rot while Trend "Developes".

It is real tough to stand by while this team makes blunder after blunder.....

Just for the record...

Bills lost by 9.

Chimpanze
11-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Just for the record...

Bills lost by 9.

Lets compare your Brazilian Math with Bills Coaching!

1) You wrote, Trents interception probably... you are right, it is ONLY PROBABLE ( they were down 9 and had to be desperate ) so take 3 off your total

2) 4rth and 1 instead of taking the 3 points

3) Faking the punt while down only 6 showed desperation and no trust in the Defense

4) Calling a challenge when he clearly caught the ball and not calling a challenge when the place was poor a few plays prior!

So in conclusion, take 6 points off of your 13 points and there you have it, they would have been down 3 with 3 minutes to go!

BUT THESE ARE ALL WHAT IFS!

I still maintain Edwards didnt lose the game. How about Defense, Running game, and COACHING!!!