PDA

View Full Version : Are we allowed to panic yet?

OpIv37
11-02-2008, 03:09 PM
This team went from first in the division to 3rd (well, technically tied for second but tiebreakers put us in third).

There is no running game whatsoever. The star quarterback has become a turnover machine. The coach can't use a timeout or a challenge to save his life. The D can't stop a short pass and sucks at creating turnovers. The vaunted special teams unit is now nothing more than mediocre.

Worst of all, we're 0-2 in the division. I wouldn't be surprised if this team lays a goose egg in the AFCE. NE is still NE and both of the other teams have already proven they can beat us.

Crisis
11-02-2008, 03:10 PM
it all starts with the offensive line. the unit is PATHETIC.

Nighthawk
11-02-2008, 03:12 PM
No, you're just being negative. [sarcasm]

Borosai
11-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Unfortunately, I see the Bills losing next week as well, so yeah, it's fine to panic. I don't see them magically fixing all their problems in one week when they haven't figured it out in eight.

Mad Bomber
11-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Worst of all, we're 0-2 in the division. I wouldn't be surprised if this team lays a goose egg in the AFCE. NE is still NE and both of the other teams have already proven they can beat us.
I just posted this in another thread. Right now, if nothing changes, I'm thinking that we go 9-7 overall, and 0-6 in the division.

Crisis
i don't know.

but next week is our season.

we HAVE to beat the pats next week. i can't see us doing anything without that game.

Scumbag College
The biggest O-Line in the league has produced the worst running yardage with two pretty good running backs. I don't know if you put that one on coaching, the players, or both.

RockStar36
Yep. Not good.

DBrown77
if we get it handed to us next weekend then its time to panic

mchurchfie
11-02-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm not panicking because I am already conceded to the fact that this team isn't good enough to make a PO run of any sorts. We'll be very lucky if we even make postseason. Until this team can run the ball and consistently stop team's offenses we aren't going anywhere, plain and simple.

baalworship
11-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Yes, there are SERIOUS issues that need to be addressed.

Perry Fewell reminds me of Jerry Gray with his reliance on the blitz. Our DEs create no pressure so he needs to blitz but it gets to the point where the other team throws quick passes and runs mis-direction plays and we don't adjust.

Running game. None. Jenkins gives us an excuse for not running up the middle but that doesn't forgive Schonert for not finding other ways to get the ground game going with pitches and outside running plays.

Trent Edwards is getting hit too muchbecause other teams can tee off on him because of the lack of the running game. He is also starting to look more like a 2nd year QB.

Injuries: Schobel, Fowler, Reed, Butler, and now Whitner. We are not good enough to overcome this many injuries and we better get healthy soon.

Schonert: Hey, you can call more than 1 screen pass a game.

Short Yardage Offense: This team needs to get to work here and draw some better designed plays.

Nighthawk
11-02-2008, 03:20 PM
i don't know.

but next week is our season.

we HAVE to beat the pats next week. i can't see us doing anything without that game.

Crisis, I have a questions for you. Do you really think that a team coached by Dick Jauron can win in NE???

Tatonka
11-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Im sorry guys.. it is my fault.. this second I said I actually had faith in Trent Edwards, he has been awful.

TheBrownBear
11-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Do we have the right to panic? Was this team really ever good enough to merit the expectations we've placed on them?

You're right though. If you expected this team to make the playoffs, then you damn well better be in panic mode right now. If we don't win in New England next weekend (and I'd put our chances at about 3.5%), then you might as well label it another rebuilding season and look towards the draft.

Has a coach ever been extended and fired in the same season?

Crisis
11-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Crisis, I have a questions for you. Do you really think that a team coached by Dick Jauron can win in NE???

no, but i didnt think a team coached by jim bates could beat a brady led team either

BillsFever21
11-02-2008, 03:53 PM
This has proved to be an average team with an easy early schedule.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-02-2008, 06:00 PM
below avg team with a Dick leading the way yes its time to panic no doubt about it

djjimkelly
11-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Im sorry guys.. it is my fault.. this second I said I actually had faith in Trent Edwards, he has been awful.

lol me too just karma thats all lol

TacklingDummy
11-02-2008, 06:28 PM
This team went from first in the division to 3rd (well, technically tied for second but tiebreakers put us in third).

There is no running game whatsoever. The star quarterback has become a turnover machine. The coach can't use a timeout or a challenge to save his life. The D can't stop a short pass and sucks at creating turnovers. The vaunted special teams unit is now nothing more than mediocre.

At the beginning of the year most realistic fans figured the Bills were still a year away. No panic here.

Nighthawk
11-02-2008, 06:31 PM
At the beginning of the year most realistic fans figured the Bills were still a year away. No panic here.

You should be worried a little...we've got Dickey for 3 more years!

raphael120
11-02-2008, 06:42 PM
This has proved to be an average team with an easy early schedule.

Sad part is, a very average team with tons of injuries beat Miami and the Jets last season.

Historian
11-02-2008, 06:44 PM
After we lose in New England, We have a pretty easy stretch, but I keep waiting for Lynch to break out, unfortunately, his yardage totals are going down each week.

Nighthawk
11-02-2008, 06:46 PM
After we lose in New England, We have a pretty easy stretch, but I keep waiting for Lynch to break out, unfortunately, his yardage totals are going down each week.

Yeah, this blocking scheme doesn't seem to be working very well. Also, if we lose to NE, we would be 0-3 in the division...that will be the nail in the coffin for this team. These losses in division are huge!

Patti120
11-02-2008, 07:35 PM
The biggest O-Line in the league has produced the worst running yardage with two pretty good running backs. I don't know if you put that one on coaching, the players, or both.

The o line makes me want to :puke:, put my hands up and :puke: .....

RedEyE
11-03-2008, 07:27 AM
Panic if you will.

Bills will need to win 5 of the last 8 games to absolutely seal a playoff birth. They might squeeze out a wild card at 9-7, but they're going to need a lot of help there.

I'm confident they can pull it off.

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 08:19 AM

Don't forget not going for it at the 1 yard line but than going for it on the 7.

blackonyx89
11-03-2008, 08:28 AM
You should be worried a little...we've got Dickey for 3 more years!

Yup! 3 more years of this guy and mediocrity. I can't invest my energy in a team that's not going to win under this guy.

evojoe67
11-03-2008, 09:04 AM
I still think you guys are a better team then the Pats. I think if you can beat them next week, you can make a push for the playoffs. GO JETS!!!

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2008, 09:05 AM
I am panicking a little...

blackonyx89
11-03-2008, 09:11 AM
I am panicking a little...

You shold be panicky, the Bills are going to be waddling in medicrity as long as Dickie J's at the helm and we have subpar players on the roster that have a soft mentality.

naugem
11-03-2008, 09:29 AM
and when the bad weather games start, what Trent will we see?

Discotrish
11-03-2008, 10:15 AM

We have the talent to make the playoffs, but it's difficult to watch your own coaches get a game ball from the other team for their efforts.

Patti