PDA

View Full Version : O-line needs alot of work..

hdeep9213
11-02-2008, 03:14 PM
with the amount of money we spent on these guys man they suck....peters needs to be told he better play better or no new contract...whittle and preston just need to go...they suck...dockery is ok but def. not worth what he are paying him and neither is fat out of shape walker...

X-Era
11-02-2008, 03:14 PM
with the amount of money we spent on these guys man they suck....peters needs to be told he better play better or no new contract...whittle and preston just need to go...they suck...dockery is ok but def. not worth what he are paying him and neither is fat out of shape walker...

No, they just need to be healthy.

Crisis
11-02-2008, 03:15 PM
i don't care who you have in there, when a team is rushing 4 and the DEFENSIVE TACKLE is in your quarterbacks face all day there's a HUGE problem.

evol4276
11-02-2008, 03:31 PM
so fowler's the weak spot, right?

Patti120
11-02-2008, 07:04 PM
This is apparently our biggest glaring need. WTF! and where is the damn running game. Lynch and Jackson are solid and we have a HUGE Oline that has no attitude and can't get any push up front. It is a BIG concern. Those guys need to get it going up there! I really don't know WTF the problem is. If I was an o lineman and watched the film like they do and saw how much of a ******* as a group we were I would be disgusted and get my **** together. WTF!!!

Mad Bomber
11-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Our O Line SUCKED today. They were the goats of the game. ABSOLUTELY NO run blocking, and the pass protection (which I have to admit HAD been good until now) was also lacking.

I give our O Line an F for today.

Nighthawk
11-02-2008, 07:11 PM
I just can't believe that other teams who don't have superstars across the board can run the ball effectively, but the Bills can't. I truly believe it is about the blocking scheme we run and the fact that you have a very green OL coach in there teaching these guys. I'd hate to believe that we have to sink more money into this line...when the Falcons are running for 200 yards with less talent.

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Fowler and Whittle got massacred, Whittle had no business being out there on the field, it was comical watching him getting *****ed around by Jenkins all game, talk about embarassing.

X-Era
11-03-2008, 06:21 AM

Im kind of burnt out with the complaints about the o-line.

On the majority of the plays, Trent had plenty of time to throw. More often than not, he had 3 seconds to get the ball out... thats the standard amount of time you get, 3 seconds. If its not out by then, you either run, throw it away, or get sacked. Trent really only got sacked twice right? They gave the Jets credit for another one but Trent was running around the end and got tackled behind the line (which they count as a sack).

On the running game, I felt we simply abandoned it because we got behind. Fred was effective, Marshawn just went out with illness.

We were going against the 4th ranked run D, im not suprised we didnt run all over them.

Preston did fairly well against Jenkins, and Whittle just is not starting caliper.

The big hit Trent took was on McIntyre not Langston. The T's on this team are plenty good enough IMO, and Dockery is a solid G, Butler may continue to improve, but yes we probably need an upgrade at C.

But how many teams in the league dont ever need to replace o-linemen? Most do.

I think we can win with this o-line. I dont think we can win when we turn the ball over and dont get many turnovers.

patmoran2006
11-03-2008, 06:37 AM
DIdnt Duke Preston start and play most the game at center?

EDS
11-03-2008, 08:51 AM
DIdnt Duke Preston start and play most the game at center?

Yes. Whittle got injured in the second half and Fowler came in. Didn't matter either way.

baalworship
11-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Center and Right Guard need to be replaced. I would also get rid of Kugler and bring in someone that can get it done. Bring in someone with a smash mouth attitude and turn this into a power o-line. I think Peters, Dockery, and Walker are good enough in the right scheme and with a better attitude.

Everyone we draft better be described as a "mauler" and have a mean streak.

blackonyx89
11-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Center and Right Guard need to be replaced. I would also get rid of Kugler and bring in someone that can get it done. Bring in someone with a smash mouth attitude and turn this into a power o-line. I think Peters, Dockery, and Walker are good enough in the right scheme and with a better attitude.

Everyone we draft better be described as a "mauler" and have a mean streak.

The biggest O-Line in the NFL and one of the crappiest!!!