PDA

View Full Version : Perry needs to go...

hdeep9213
11-02-2008, 03:21 PM
does this guy not see what is happening every game to us...we are getting killed with the short passes every game...

Nighthawk
11-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Yes, Perry Fool needs to go and he can take Dickey with him.

mchurchfie
11-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Fewell and Jauron both need to go because that is Jauron's defensive scheme that was implemented and he keeps letting Fewell run it. This is a flawed overconservative defensive scheme. I'm beginning to despise Fewell more than i did Jerry Gray.

baalworship
11-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Fewell and Jauron both need to go because that is Jauron's defensive scheme that was implemented and he keeps letting Fewell run it. This is a flawed overconservative defensive scheme. I'm beginning to despise Fewell more than i did Jerry Gray.

Fewell is starting to remind me of Gray.

mchurchfie
11-02-2008, 03:37 PM
However, no defensive scheme is going to work when you can't tackle. This team is one of the worst tackling teams in the NFL. They overpursue and get juked and overpowered easily.

TheBrownBear
11-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Defense wasn't bad today. They only gave up 19 points (and three of them were when they were backed up on the 7 yard line). Outside of the Arizona game, they've been solid/above-average. Biggest problem is that they can't seem to finish out these games.

But the offense is the real reason we lost the past two weeks.

Nighthawk
11-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Defense wasn't bad today. They only gave up 19 points (and three of them were when they were backed up on the 7 yard line). Outside of the Arizona game, they've been solid/above-average. Biggest problem is that they can't seem to finish out these games.

But the offense is the real reason we lost the past two weeks.

Did you forget that they weren't on the field for most of the 1st half? Yes, they were horrible...as usual.

bigbub2352
11-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Fewell's scheme has got to go, Cover 2 is a joke, we have struggled against everyone not just this year but the last 3
No pass rush
No attack
No push upfront
Bad depth
no coverage attacks
safties play to far back
DLine has too big a splits
No Blitzs
Too conservative
He is consistently outcoached
I thought DJ was supposed to be a defensive coach could have fooled me the last 3 yrs
Anyone excited about his extension doesnt know football he is not gonna take us anywhere
He picks bad assistants

TheBrownBear
11-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Did you forget that they weren't on the field for most of the 1st half? Yes, they were horrible...as usual.

The time of possession ended up even. They gave up 297 total yards and 19 points. They also contributed a defensive touchdown. They were not "horrible." I don't think they were great, but they did enough for us to have a chance. Three turnovers from the quarterback position, and ten total points from the offense (blame lies with Trent, O-line, running game, wasted timeouts, Turk, etc.), were the main reasons for the loss.

Sure, I'd like to see a dominating defense too. But the personnel isn't there for Fewell at this point. We need a pass rusher at DE and a replacement for Ellison. We've also got a young secondary that is taking it's lumps right now. I'll give you that Jauron is underwhelming, and Fewell might very well be too, but I just can't agree with you that the defense is underperforming or "horrible." They are playing to their talent level...sometimes a bit better...sometimes a bit worse.

mchurchfie
11-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Fewell could put them in a little better position to do better. If they aren't getting to the QB then how about disguising some blitzes and giving them some help. The four man rush is getting us absolutely nowhere and he refuses to come off it. We needed a stop on the Jet's last drve and instead they let them eat up 8 minutes and get a FG. It is absolutely sickening. No matter how you cut it this defense is absolutely pitiful.:puke:

naugem
11-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Our offense scored all of 10 points, and also gave up 10 points, so they basically didn't do squat, yet we only lost by 9 points.
Sure, I'd love that they could get sacks and more turn overs, but this game isn't on them...

Don't Panic
11-02-2008, 06:58 PM
The Cover 2 requires pressure on the QB from the front four and we're just not getting it. They sent the LBers heavy on the first series just to keep Favre from getting in a groove, but the bottom line is that the front four have to get the job done in that department. Without pressure, team's will short pass us to death. They may not score every time, but they're going to get their opportunities and that will kill us in TOP. There have been some ill-timed TOs that have killed us these last two weeks, but if our D Line was doing its job, we would be in a much better position to overcome them. If we can minimize the TOs or get more pressure from our D Line, the wins will come. Don't forget that we were in both of the last two games well into the 4th quarter. We'll get it straightened out.