PDA

View Full Version : Leon Washington out of bounds play

Owen DeBoard
11-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I dont get it why is that a penalty with him having one foot in and one foot out of bounds and I always thought that the player out of bounds cant be the first one to touch the ball first.

Crisis
11-02-2008, 04:04 PM
leon washington impressed the hell out of me.

he's a player.

Nighthawk
11-02-2008, 04:05 PM
This is one of the many stupid rules that the NFL has. This one makes zero sense...no matter what anybody says.

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 04:16 PM
I agree the rule is terrible but its not that hard for a kicker to do his JOB!

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 04:18 PM
I understand the rule however!

IT DISCOURAGES TEAMS FROM KICKING IT OUT OF BOUNDS!

IT ENCOURAGES A KICK RETURN and SOME EXCITEMENT TO A VERY BORING GAME!

VeggieMan14
11-02-2008, 04:18 PM
damn we should cut lindell too because he sucked it up today on kick offs :rolleyes:

ServoBillieves
11-02-2008, 04:26 PM
I completely missed the play, but my friend called me and said "what the hell call was that?"

He, not being a Bills fan, was confused too.

Oh well, I wish I could pay the line-judges as much money as whoever else paid them off to ruin today's game.

LtFinFan66
11-02-2008, 04:32 PM
I completely missed the play, but my friend called me and said "what the hell call was that?"

He, not being a Bills fan, was confused too.

Oh well, I wish I could pay the line-judges as much money as whoever else paid them off to ruin today's game.By rule, correct call

bad rule though

OpIv37
11-02-2008, 04:37 PM
I understand the rule however!

IT DISCOURAGES TEAMS FROM KICKING IT OUT OF BOUNDS!

IT ENCOURAGES A KICK RETURN and SOME EXCITEMENT TO A VERY BORING GAME!

that's a good argument for not allowing the team to KICK it out of bounds. However, if the receiving player is standing out of bounds when he catches the ball, that's not the kicking team's fault. The risk of the penalty for an out of bounds kick is already enough to discourage teams from kicking it that close to the boundary.

Washington knew the rule and made a very smart play, but it's still ridiculous to punish the kicking team for where the receiving team chooses to stand.

casdhf
11-02-2008, 04:39 PM
I agree the rule is terrible but its not that hard for a kicker to do his JOB! He did his job. That was a perfect kick. Washington just used a bull **** rule to get his ass out of a jam.

HendersonD06
11-02-2008, 04:40 PM
leon washington impressed the hell out of me.

he's a player.

Yeah...I'm a huge FSU fan and I had the chance to see Leon Washington play for my Noles...When we drafted Washington with the 1st overall pick in the 4th round, I went insane as a Jets fan! I was like WOW...We actually have a playmaker not named Coles on the offensive side of the ball.

Here is something many of Buffalo fans may have never known... Leon Washington was actually the ACC player of the year for the Noles and if not for his injury the year after, he would have been a top 20 pick... I'm glad everything worked out the way it did

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 05:01 PM
He did his job. That was a perfect kick. Washington just used a bull **** rule to get his ass out of a jam.

Dont use the word PERFECT for something that was LESS THAN PERFECT!

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Yes Lindell pounded the Field Goal from 53 but he too LET THE BILLS DOWN TODAY and he would be the first to tell you this!

SeatownBillsFan21
11-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Awful ST today... Awful rule as well

SabreEleven
11-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Yeah...I'm a huge FSU fan and I had the chance to see Leon Washington play for my Noles...When we drafted Washington with the 1st overall pick in the 4th round, I went insane as a Jets fan! I was like WOW...We actually have a playmaker not named Coles on the offensive side of the ball.

Here is something many of Buffalo fans may have never known... Leon Washington was actually the ACC player of the year for the Noles and if not for his injury the year after, he would have been a top 20 pick... I'm glad everything worked out the way it did

Here is something you might not know....Bills Fans don't give a **** about Leon Washington.

HendersonD06
11-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Here is something you might not know....Bills Fans don't give a **** about Leon Washington.

Good game homie, GL against the Pats next week.

yordad
11-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Yes Lindell pounded the Field Goal from 53 but he too LET THE BILLS DOWN TODAY and he would be the first to tell you this!I'm thinking every Bill feels like they let the team down. Well, except Jason Peters who will tell you he is playing up to par.