PDA

View Full Version : My Jets game Observations

patmoran2006
11-02-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm half drunk (ok, fully), but I these thoughts are mostly accurate...I "over reacted after the miami game.. Not this time.. This **** is real.

** Here's the bottom line.. Forget the record.. Forget everything else, the bottom line is you will NOT make the playoffs when you cant run the ball to save our lives.. 3rd or 4th and 1 may as well be 3rd and 5. We suck at running the ball.. Our OL is embarassing with run blocking, and I'm sick of tired of everyone else getting blame and little falling on Dockery.. this guy is a $49 million guy who is a dime a ****ing dozen guard.. He SUCKS run blocking..

** My buddy at the game text'd me about half way through the 3rd quarter and said this.. "I've never seen a team where WR's never can get open like ours"

** I love Trent, and I do NOT put this loss mainly on him (I Put it on the run game and a soft ass defense). But that was a HORRIBLE INT.. He's good because he's "smart".. Well, that was a pretty stupid ass play. Since our run game is non-existant, he has to be smarter than that.

** What happened to our special teams? When is the last game where we can say our ST clearly outperformed our opponents? SO much for having that advantage.

** Kawika Mitchell ran around today like he had a load of **** stuck in his pants.

** Why didn't Jauron challenge the spot on Jackson's 4th and 1 run that we didn't get? But he challenged a catch by Coles 2 minutes later?

** It's mind boggling how many tackles Kelsay and Denney have missed the last two games.. Horrible.

** James Hardy looked as bad as he did the first day of training camp.. Zero catches, zero yards.. Way to step up with Reed gone.

** Please God, let Butler get well soon.. Jason Whittle is a joke.

** SPeaking of jokes, how bad did the Jets front 7 dominate our OL?

** OUr defense at HOME had a chance to make a statment after Greer cut it to 6. So what do we do? Give up a 8:40+ drive and a FG that put the game away.

** Off the top of my head, I can think of three players that were good today: Derek Fine, Bart Scott (except for that KILLER hold penalty on the fake punt) and Poz.

SUMMARY: Throw 5-1 start out.. We're 5-3 and basically in THIRD place in our own division. It's not that we lost today.. its that our running game is ****ing WEAK as hell, and our defense for the third time in four games was soft as can be. . The Bills are in BIG trouble, and if we dont beat NE on the road next week, this may quickly become a season of lost opportunity.. Absolutely by a MILE our worst game of the year.

Chimpanze
11-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Fully Agree!

Philagape
11-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Looks like it'll be another year before they're serious contenders. In cooking terms, they're not quite done yet. Which is what was generally expected before the season.

Nighthawk
11-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Looks like it'll be another year before they're serious contenders. In cooking terms, they're not quite done yet. Which is what was generally expected before the season.

I can agree with this, but they will never be contenders without a good HC.

HendersonD06
11-02-2008, 05:15 PM
To be fair when talking about the Bills running game today...Yeah, they struggled but you know what? Just about every team struggles against this Jets 3-4 Defense this year... They were ranked #4 against the run, only allowing 3.2 yards per carry here in 2008. Kris Jenkins has changed the face of the Jets defense and if you ask me...Has to be one of the best defensive players in the league, when talking about the D-Line.

As far as the Jets dominating the Bills O-Line today...We had like 24 sacks in only 7 games heading into Buffalo... We really get after the QB with the best of em and we had like what? 4 or 5 sacks today?

Yeah, I understand the Bills could have played a much better overall game but lets give credit where credit is due: The Jets defense is talented and we did it without our leader of the Defense (David Harris)

Buffalo fans have been clowning Favre all week because he's now thrown 300 INT's during his HOF career, but you know what? Favre has only had one losing season as a QB, one losing season...Thats it. #4 is a winner, he shows up for every game and gives it his all...He plays with his heart. He had a REALLY good game today and if not for Favre...The Jets would have about 2 wins if Pennington or Kellen was still our starting QB. Favre makes everyone around him better and the running game is really good this year because of that.

Tatonka
11-02-2008, 05:21 PM
** It's mind boggling how many tackles Kelsay and Denney have missed the last two games.. Horrible.

dont you mean "mind bottling".

:snicker:

patmoran2006
11-02-2008, 05:30 PM
I dont know what I mean.. LIke I said, IM drunk.. But today was a BRUTAL loss.

Owen DeBoard
11-02-2008, 05:37 PM
To be fair when talking about the Bills running game today...Yeah, they struggled but you know what? Just about every team struggles against this Jets 3-4 Defense this year... They were ranked #4 against the run, only allowing 3.2 yards per carry here in 2008. Kris Jenkins has changed the face of the Jets defense and if you ask me...Has to be one of the best defensive players in the league, when talking about the D-Line.

As far as the Jets dominating the Bills O-Line today...We had like 24 sacks in only 7 games heading into Buffalo... We really get after the QB with the best of em and we had like what? 4 or 5 sacks today?

Yeah, I understand the Bills could have played a much better overall game but lets give credit where credit is due: The Jets defense is talented and we did it without our leader of the Defense (David Harris)

Buffalo fans have been clowning Favre all week because he's now thrown 300 INT's during his HOF career, but you know what? Favre has only had one losing season as a QB, one losing season...Thats it. #4 is a winner, he shows up for every game and gives it his all...He plays with his heart. He had a REALLY good game today and if not for Favre...The Jets would have about 2 wins if Pennington or Kellen was still our starting QB. Favre makes everyone around him better and the running game is really good this year because of that.
I like Favre but saying this team would only have only 2 wins if he aint here is completely wrong. All Favre did today was dink and dunk. Favre gets reckless to much and its goin to hurt the Jets. Now Pennington on the other hand is playin good football and is lookin smarter than Favre.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Brutal is not the word devastating we cant continue to drop ganes to div. opp 3-4 4-3 def no ex...Bad coaching No playmaking = 8-8 if were lucky