PDA

View Full Version : This team needs Schobel more than what some people think

Owen DeBoard
11-02-2008, 06:22 PM
This team needs Schobel more than what some people think. Everyone talks about how overpaid he is but the last two weeks ive seen this d-line barely pressure the qb. Hopefully hes back for the Pats game cause this team really needs him bad.

HendersonD06
11-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Yeah, Schobel always gets a sack or two against the Jets... As a Jets fan, I hope he returns in time to sack Cassell and the Patriots into their 4th loss next week because the Colts are about to dominate em

TacklingDummy
11-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Schobel and his 1 sack way back in week one against Seattle. Hasselbeck probably tripped over him laying on the ground.

Owen DeBoard
11-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Schobel and his 1 sack way back in week one against Seattle. Hasselbeck probably tripped over him laying on the ground.
I do believe there is more to being a good defensive end than getting sacks. How about drawing double teams pressuring the quarterback and tackling but some people think that if he doesnt have 10 sacks already he sucks. Well look at it this way you can just have Denney and Kelsay start.

TacklingDummy
11-02-2008, 06:37 PM
I do believe there is more to being a good defensive end than getting sacks. How about drawing double teams pressuring the quarterback and tackling but some people think that if he doesnt have 10 sacks already he sucks. Well look at it this way you can just have Denney and Kelsay start.

How many QB pressures does he have all year?

Even when Schobel is playing he is seldom around the QB.

raphael120
11-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Yeah because we were getting so much pressure and sacks with Schobel in there.

Captain gameboy
11-02-2008, 06:44 PM
I like this front office and I kind of like this staff, but this is one area that looks like a fraternity than a pro football team.

We need play makers at de. Not Schobel at his salary, and not Kelsay/Denney.

It is a glaring weakness.