The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

OpIv37's Post-Game Review

I've been saying it all season. Playing poorly in the first half then
    making up for it in the second will beat teams like the Raiders and
    Rams, but it won't work against AFCE teams or any of the better teams
    on the Bills' schedule.

The last two games are proof.
    The biggest reason for this loss was a lack of production on first down, which goes back to a total lack of a running game. The offense was constantly working from a hole on 2nd and 3rd down. In fact, predictability in the first down playcalling almost got Edwards killed again, in a very similar play to the one that resulted in his concussion in Arizona.
    In a span of two weeks, this team has gone from 1st in the divsion to third (technically tied for second, but tiebreakers mean they're third in terms of playoff positioning). If Miami wins this afternoon, they're a mere ONE game behind the Bills in the standings, and NE will remain in first regardless of tonight's outcome. Next week's game in NE is an absolute MUST win for the Bills, or else they will be in a dogfight for a wild card spot.
    more....

• Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: OpIv37's Post-Game Review

Thanks, Shelby.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
      • Jul 2002

Op is right on with his analysis.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

Op, nice article. But, with the exception of Fine, I think you might have pressed some when trying to find "The Good" this time.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Dujek
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2008

I got home last night, and knowing the score, I still watched the game.

For once Op's being too kind, that was ****ing horrible.

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

If you didn't mention it, Op, I was going to mention it. Ko was horrible...all day! The run game was affected by Lynch being out. He seemed great at 1st with the huge reception and pickup, but after his attempt to run down the Jets CB on the interception, he wasn't the same. The announcers claimed that he was under the weather. If he was, that run must have took everything out of him and he wasn't the same after. If he was sick, they should have activated Omon just in case...

Fine was a bright gem in an otherwise abysmal game. Trent has regressed and I certainly hope these are just sophomoric tendencies that he may be able to shake off rather than effects that he may still be feeling from that concussion.

And this Oline needs to have a fire lit up under them!!! Whittle had his worst game and may not be here next year...he's getting older, slower {frustration} and maybe even stupider {/frustration}

Lastly, you criticize Evans, but he can't do it all. He is getting very little help. Parrish did what he could for a slot receiver. But we need a #2 and if Hardy can't cut it yet, we need to give Steve Johnson or Jenkins an opportunity - regardless of where they were drafted!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

nice write up. I thought that Denney played horribly. at the beginning of the game, he dropped two potential INT's on the screen passes. He launched himself twice at runners, way behind the line of scrimmage only to miss. one of those times actually lost us a ton of momentum.

I am hating this team.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡