PDA

View Full Version : just saw it on PFT figured some might like to read it

jimbohastle51
11-02-2008, 11:02 PM
JIM KELLY WANTS TO BUY THE BILLS (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/02/jim-kelly-wants-to-buy-the-bills/)

Posted by Mike Florio on November 2, 2008, 7:28 p.m. EST
With the family of the only owner in Bills history already making it known that they won’t keep the team after Ralph Wilson (now 90 years old) passes on, Peter King of NBC reports that Buffalo Hall of Famer quarterback Jim Kelly is trying to put a group together that would buy the team.
It’s unclear whether Kelly’s group would purchase the franchise in the short term, or whether the deal would wait until Mr. Wilson is playing pinochle with former U.S. President Woodrow Wilson.
Kelly’s goal is to keep the team in Western New York permanently. Whether that means playing one or two (or four) games each year in Toronto remains to be seen.

plundar
11-03-2008, 12:03 AM
I pray to God this happens. The Bills need to stay in Buffalo.

Tiburon1724
11-03-2008, 09:52 AM
This is the same information that's been circulating for what, a couple years now? He needs to call his friend Donald Trump, who can easily afford to pay cash for the team and outbid idiot Rogers, build Trump Stadium downtown with 100% of his own money for his ego, and maybe spend some money to get a real coaching staff for the first time since Levy & Co left.

Pinkerton Security
11-03-2008, 10:00 AM
For what its worth, my cousin works in Rochester and met Jim's brother Danny, who Jimbo is closest with. Danny told my cousin that Jim had a plan in place to buy the Bills. I have no details obviously, I just thought it was interesting.

hydro
11-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Same old stuff we have heard for a while. Nothing to see here folks...

I will believe it when I see it.