PDA

View Full Version : Wow, what a reversal of fortunes

patmoran2006
11-03-2008, 06:35 AM
15 days ago, we were talking about a first round bye, and possibly home advantage throughout the playoffs.

Exactly two weeks later, if the playoffs started tommorow, the Bills wouldn't even be in the postseason.

The Patriots via tiebreaker are leading the division, and the two wild card teams as of today are the NY Jets and Baltimore Ravens at 5-3 (2-1 in their division). Miami is only a half-game behind from the Bills being in the AFCE cellar.

Talk about a miss opportunity for seperation. Indy is also one game behind us now.

Basically, there is still a clear path to the division title (of course)but anyone who is confident today is probably fooling themself. At the half way point the race for the postseason is semi-clear. Its win the division; or compete with the Jets/Patriots division loser as well as Baltimore, Indy and possibly Miami for two wild card spots.

Right now, it's stupid to even think playoffs. Because if this offensive line doesn't find some HEART and do it very quickly, and you put the entire offense on the shoulders of a second-year QB with only one real weapon at WR; then you can kiss the playoffs goodbye. That's too much to put on Edwards at this point. It's time for the OL to put up or shut up.

TacklingDummy
11-03-2008, 06:38 AM
It's time for the OL to put up or shut up.

Have they been dominant in any game this year? Pass blocking and run blocking.

patmoran2006
11-03-2008, 06:43 AM
Have they been dominant in any game this year? Pass blocking and run blocking.
no, they haven't.

its one of the most perplexing things I've EVER seen regarding this team in all my life. They have the same guys as last year (minus Butler recently) and they are absolutely pathetic.

Playoff teams dont run the ball at home 17 times for 30 yards, and fail to pick up a yard on 4th and 1 (To me the biggest play of the game)

I dont know if it poor coaching, a lack of effort, or just not enough talent. But we are in big, big trouble- because a weak OL is not something you can hide from anyone.

This is the second straight week where a player on defense completely and utterly dominated us. Porter killed us last week, and Kris Jenkins absolutely ate Preston/Whittle/Dockery alive all day. Amazing. The BIlls have decent players on defense, but not a single dominant player even close to being along those lines.

RedEyE
11-03-2008, 07:24 AM
This is presicely why people need not buy into the hype and start smack talking and making playoff trip plans.

This team is young and is going to have bad games. I'm confident that they will bounce back.

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2008, 07:51 AM
I hear you Red. While I am super dissapointed at least the team is still tied in record for first and play one of those teams next week..

acehole
11-03-2008, 07:52 AM
15 days ago, we were talking about a first round bye, and possibly home advantage throughout the playoffs.

Exactly two weeks later, if the playoffs started tommorow, the Bills wouldn't even be in the postseason.

The Patriots via tiebreaker are leading the division, and the two wild card teams as of today are the NY Jets and Baltimore Ravens at 5-3 (2-1 in their division). Miami is only a half-game behind from the Bills being in the AFCE cellar.

Talk about a miss opportunity for seperation. Indy is also one game behind us now.

Basically, there is still a clear path to the division title (of course)but anyone who is confident today is probably fooling themself. At the half way point the race for the postseason is semi-clear. Its win the division; or compete with the Jets/Patriots division loser as well as Baltimore, Indy and possibly Miami for two wild card spots.

Right now, it's stupid to even think playoffs. Because if this offensive line doesn't find some HEART and do it very quickly, and you put the entire offense on the shoulders of a second-year QB with only one real weapon at WR; then you can kiss the playoffs goodbye. That's too much to put on Edwards at this point. It's time for the OL to put up or shut up.

trapezeus
11-03-2008, 07:58 AM
the scariest thing to me is that the bills seem to be incredibly weak on both lines. and after we spent a draft and free agency upgrading the DE and letting the O go til the later rounds, it looks like we still need to address the DE and the offense is still weak at WR depth.

we either need some players who want it, or we need some coaches on the DL and OL to get the job done.

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 08:00 AM
That's alright I apologize for not realizing that Lynch is an elite back.

acehole
11-03-2008, 08:07 AM
This is so classic right here..."Right now, it's stupid to even think playoffs. Because if this offensive line doesn't find some HEART and do it very quickly, and you put the entire offense on the shoulders of a second-year QB with only one real weapon at WR; then you can kiss the playoffs goodbye. That's too much to put on Edwards at this point. It's time for the OL to put up or shut up.[/quote]>>>

Whaaa whhaaa. Is Edwards a man...or What?
What happened to the "QB makes the reciever" posts?

You can take out the word Edwards for JP....and that would be the very posts that were lambasted last year....

What happened to blaming the qb for the sacks posts.
...and broken clock posts?

Very comical.