PDA

View Full Version : The key play of the game yesterday...

elltrain22
11-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Was the dropped pass by Fred Jackson on our 2nd drive of the game. We were up 7-6, if he catches that ball, he probably scores, then we're up 14-6, at home, and I think that one play could've cost us the game. 2 plays later, Trent throws a pick 6, then we're down 13-7.

Also, Jason Whittle looked like a friggen turnstyle yesterday. That guy didn't block a soul yesterday. Our O-line was horrible versus the run, and versus the pass, we were okay. Trent held onto that ball way too long yesterday.

Its also evident that our WR'ing core is def' holding us back. Those guys need to get open quicker.

I am also noticing a trend ever since the Raiders game, where teams are exploiting us w/ the short passes that eventually turn into long gains. The Cards, Dolphins, and the Jets have all killed us w/ that.

And everytime I watch us play dee, I always think to myself what could've been if Angelo Crowell was playing, b/c IMO, Keith Ellison is the most non-existent guy on the football field every week. This guy can't shed a block, tackles sloppy, can't cover the TE, and is just flat out, horrible.

I am not jumpin off the wagon, I still think this team is a real good team, but we really need to figure some things out.

yordad
11-03-2008, 09:52 AM
The key play was the pick 6. It was a 10 point swing at the very least.

yordad
11-03-2008, 09:53 AM
How come teams can exploit us with quick passes, but we can't exploit them with anything?

mchurchfie
11-03-2008, 10:15 AM
I totally agree with elltrain though. If Action Jackson catches that pass he probably waltzes into the endzone and that pick never happens and is a moot point. It would have put us up and changed the whole complexion of that game.

mchurchfie
11-03-2008, 10:17 AM
How come teams can exploit us with quick passes, but we can't exploit them with anything?
Because we are playing with Fewell and not against him.:ill:

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 10:42 AM

Yep. Love Trent but I would say two weeks in a row that he owned the key mistakes.

Last week I gave him a pass because the whole team sucked and made mistakes.

This game he gets blamed for the loss.

Still think trent is the guy and I'm really not worried long term.

Typ0
11-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Yep. Love Trent but I would say two weeks in a row that he owned the key mistakes.

Last week I gave him a pass because the whole team sucked and made mistakes.

This game he gets blamed for the loss.

Still think trent is the guy and I'm really not worried long term.

I agree, these are what we hope are the growing pains on the way to the promise land. I did think, in light of the mistakes TE kept his head in the game and performed well on the other plays. He didn't get skiddish which a lot of QBs would. He just kept playing football and taking his lumps. That's a promising site.

Mad Bomber
11-03-2008, 10:58 AM

The pick 6 was 5 plays after Jackson dropped the pass. If he makes that catch, chances are that pick 6 would never have happened.

mchurchfie
11-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Exactly, and it would have been a 14 point swing instead of 10 points.

Yasgur's Farm
11-03-2008, 11:17 AM
The key play was the pick 6. It was a 10 point swing at the very least.That's a no brainer right there.