• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Not Challenging The 4th And Inches Spot

can someone please explain this to me. I thought that was the game right there and it was very early. I was very upset this spot did not get challenged and then a few plays later a clear catch was challenged. Someone make sense of this travestry of this for me please.
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Not Challenging The 4th And Inches Spot

I wondered the same thing. I thought they got a bad spot and should have at least rolled the dice on it. That was a huge play. Jauron is a bonehead who is in waay too far over his head plain and simple.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

no
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

The Bills got plenty of generous spots yesterday. We just sucked, plain and simple.

Comment

• Discotrish
          Raging hypocrite and resident troll
          • Nov 2003

Patti
          Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

That would have been a good challenge. In addition, there was a TV time-out on the change of possession so there was PLENTY of time to review it.

The catch was a stupid challenge, and very impulsive.

That's why he's 1-6 on the year.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              The Bills got plenty of generous spots yesterday. We just sucked, plain and simple.
              all the spots didn't matter like this one. We're talking about seven points here really. It's pathetic we can't demand those yards but still I thought the spot clearly should have been reviewed...especially with jaron admitting he challenges when he feels like taking a chance. Only an idiot wouldn't challenge this play...and it's like they scrambled and poorly challenged that catch a few plays later to hopefully make up for their boneheadedness.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                all the spots didn't matter like this one. We're talking about seven points here really. It's pathetic we can't demand those yards but still I thought the spot clearly should have been reviewed...especially with jaron admitting he challenges when he feels like taking a chance. Only an idiot wouldn't challenge this play...and it's like they scrambled and poorly challenged that catch a few plays later to hopefully make up for their boneheadedness.
                We were destined to lose this game when:

a) Any smart coach would have put the 3 points on the board from the 7 yard line to make it a 3 point game.

b) Not tried an incredibly stupid fake punt, deep in our own end, only down by 6 with plenty of time on the clock.

c) Making sure that Trent undertsands that getting any points in the red-zone is better than taking a chance and giving the other team 7.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

We were destined to lose this game when:

a) Any smart coach would have put the 3 points on the board from the 7 yard line to make it a 3 point game.

b) Not tried an incredibly stupid fake punt, deep in our own end, only down by 6 with plenty of time on the clock.

c) Making sure that Trent undertsands that getting any points in the red-zone is better than taking a chance and giving the other team 7.

I disagree about the fake punt. They didn't just run that to be risky. They saw a way to exploit the JESTS and they did that. Too bad there was a penalty.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

I disagree about the fake punt. They didn't just run that to be risky. They saw a way to exploit the JESTS and they did that. Too bad there was a penalty.
                    That play was inches from giving the Jets the game early in the 3rd QTR. Maybe the dumbest call of the year.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

You realize that play gave the Jets the ball back at mid-field which allowed them to make it a two score game?

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

You realize that play gave the Jets the ball back at mid-field which allowed them to make it a two score game?
                        Um... you mean after the fake punt worked (well, would have)?
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

we basically ended up punting after that mess didn't we?

Comment

• mchurchfie
                            • Jul 2002

No it didn't. You talk like they didn't get the first down on that fake punt. The only reason it wasn't a first down for the Bills was because there was a penalty on the play. The reason they ended up at midfield was because Morman shanked the punt, plain and simple.
                            My Band
                            daveviterna.com

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

we basically ended up punting after that mess didn't we?
                              Yes. Due to the fact we called a fake punt that would have worked we ended up punting anyways, thus proving the fake punt was a dumb call.

Comment

Working...
                              X