PDA

View Full Version : Not Challenging The 4th And Inches Spot

Typ0
11-03-2008, 10:22 AM
can someone please explain this to me. I thought that was the game right there and it was very early. I was very upset this spot did not get challenged and then a few plays later a clear catch was challenged. Someone make sense of this travestry of this for me please.

mchurchfie
11-03-2008, 10:27 AM
I wondered the same thing. I thought they got a bad spot and should have at least rolled the dice on it. That was a huge play. Jauron is a bonehead who is in waay too far over his head plain and simple.

yordad
11-03-2008, 10:29 AM
no

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 10:30 AM
The Bills got plenty of generous spots yesterday. We just sucked, plain and simple.

Discotrish
11-03-2008, 10:35 AM
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/499744/2/istockphoto_499744_crazy_eye_glasses_4.jpg

Patti

OpIv37
11-03-2008, 10:35 AM
That would have been a good challenge. In addition, there was a TV time-out on the change of possession so there was PLENTY of time to review it.

The catch was a stupid challenge, and very impulsive.

That's why he's 1-6 on the year.

Typ0
11-03-2008, 10:36 AM
The Bills got plenty of generous spots yesterday. We just sucked, plain and simple.

all the spots didn't matter like this one. We're talking about seven points here really. It's pathetic we can't demand those yards but still I thought the spot clearly should have been reviewed...especially with jaron admitting he challenges when he feels like taking a chance. Only an idiot wouldn't challenge this play...and it's like they scrambled and poorly challenged that catch a few plays later to hopefully make up for their boneheadedness.

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 10:40 AM
all the spots didn't matter like this one. We're talking about seven points here really. It's pathetic we can't demand those yards but still I thought the spot clearly should have been reviewed...especially with jaron admitting he challenges when he feels like taking a chance. Only an idiot wouldn't challenge this play...and it's like they scrambled and poorly challenged that catch a few plays later to hopefully make up for their boneheadedness.

We were destined to lose this game when:

a) Any smart coach would have put the 3 points on the board from the 7 yard line to make it a 3 point game.

b) Not tried an incredibly stupid fake punt, deep in our own end, only down by 6 with plenty of time on the clock.

c) Making sure that Trent undertsands that getting any points in the red-zone is better than taking a chance and giving the other team 7.

Typ0
11-03-2008, 10:46 AM
We were destined to lose this game when:

a) Any smart coach would have put the 3 points on the board from the 7 yard line to make it a 3 point game.

b) Not tried an incredibly stupid fake punt, deep in our own end, only down by 6 with plenty of time on the clock.

c) Making sure that Trent undertsands that getting any points in the red-zone is better than taking a chance and giving the other team 7.

I disagree about the fake punt. They didn't just run that to be risky. They saw a way to exploit the JESTS and they did that. Too bad there was a penalty.

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 10:48 AM
I disagree about the fake punt. They didn't just run that to be risky. They saw a way to exploit the JESTS and they did that. Too bad there was a penalty.

That play was inches from giving the Jets the game early in the 3rd QTR. Maybe the dumbest call of the year.

HHURRICANE
11-03-2008, 10:50 AM

You realize that play gave the Jets the ball back at mid-field which allowed them to make it a two score game?

yordad
11-03-2008, 10:59 AM
You realize that play gave the Jets the ball back at mid-field which allowed them to make it a two score game?Um... you mean after the fake punt worked (well, would have)?

Typ0
11-03-2008, 11:00 AM
You realize that play gave the Jets the ball back at mid-field which allowed them to make it a two score game?

we basically ended up punting after that mess didn't we?

mchurchfie
11-03-2008, 11:01 AM
No it didn't. You talk like they didn't get the first down on that fake punt. The only reason it wasn't a first down for the Bills was because there was a penalty on the play. The reason they ended up at midfield was because Morman shanked the punt, plain and simple.

yordad
11-03-2008, 11:02 AM
we basically ended up punting after that mess didn't we?Yes. Due to the fact we called a fake punt that would have worked we ended up punting anyways, thus proving the fake punt was a dumb call. :idunno:

BuffRanger
11-03-2008, 11:03 AM
They rarely, if ever, overturn spot calls on challenges. It's not worth doing it because it would have just been a wasted TO. They overturned that one on moorman, but it couldn't have been more clear. Not to mention, it was a full two yards. If the ref spotted it just short of the 1st down marker, maybe only half a yard, they still wouldn't have overturned it.

mchurchfie
11-03-2008, 11:04 AM
It would have been brilliance if the penalty hadn't ocurred.

Typ0
11-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Yes. Due to the fact we called a fake punt that would have worked we ended up punting anyways, thus proving the fake punt was a dumb call. :idunno:

it wasn't a dumb call because we got a penalty. It's the penalty that was dumb.

Typ0
11-03-2008, 07:52 PM
They rarely, if ever, overturn spot calls on challenges. It's not worth doing it because it would have just been a wasted TO. They overturned that one on moorman, but it couldn't have been more clear. Not to mention, it was a full two yards. If the ref spotted it just short of the 1st down marker, maybe only half a yard, they still wouldn't have overturned it.

I disagree I have seen spots challenged and fixed on many occassions. In this case the challenge is with the spot anyway and the ball was spotted short. If they respot the ball we win the challenge that does not mean we got the first down. You aren't challenging that you got the first down you are challenging where the ball was spotted. You challenge that call and win and they respot the ball in the correct place and then you determine if you got the first down. You won the challenge.

DrGraves
11-03-2008, 07:55 PM
the no challenge lost us then game, then and there. it was clearly a first down. I was in the nose bleeds and could still see it. jauron is a dumbass.

elltrain22
11-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I wondered the same thing. I guess DJ thought they prolly would screw us on that one too. BTW, what a terrible effin spot on that play. There is no way we didn't get that first down.

Nighthawk
11-03-2008, 08:36 PM
can someone please explain this to me. I thought that was the game right there and it was very early. I was very upset this spot did not get challenged and then a few plays later a clear catch was challenged. Someone make sense of this travestry of this for me please.

I'll take this one and make it crystal clear. Here goes:

Jauron is a terrible head coach!

paladin warrior
11-03-2008, 11:52 PM
. :clump: <------ Dick J. . Dick J is a hollow head. He should have FG. Buffalo Bills was 4-0 before. Dick J. Blow it. Well I dont know how Long Dick J going to stay Buffalo Bills coach?

jamze132
11-04-2008, 10:35 AM
I didn't see a good enough camera angle that could have overturned the original ****ty spot. Too many fat guys in the way.

On that play, I would not be giving the ball to my little running back and running the same play that hasn't worked all year. I would have either given it to the fullback or had Trent do a play-action rollout and let him try to beat the defender to the outside. We couldn't do **** running the ball all day so why not try something to the outside that doesn't involve Trent choreographing a run? He needs to improve is "faking ability".

feldspar
11-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Dick Jauron is the stupidest challenger of calls that I've ever seen. There is no other way to put it. He routinely ignores challenging questionable calls in critical situations.

It pisses me off to no end. The thing that really gets me is that I'm actually shocked each time he does it...or doesn't do it, whatever the case may be. He is NOT doing everything he can to help this team win.

njsue
11-04-2008, 03:16 PM
:cry:

thenry20
11-04-2008, 03:55 PM

You mean on that 3rd and 1 run play? It's rather sad to use this as an excuse for the loss. Dude! If you can't gain 1 freakin yard on a run, you don't deserve to challenge anything or win a game.